GDT: Game 46: Avs at the Center of the Universe | 5 PM MT | January 14, 2019 | The Who Cares Edition

Who'd you rather?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crue7

Jul 30, 2011
Mississauga, Ontario
You do realize that the salary cap would go down tremendously right? The glory days for the Avs died because PL never fully understood how to live in a cap era. The bonuses given in contracts to Sakic and Blake made it impossible for the team to make an even half-assed attempt at keeping either Forsberg or Foote.

The last thing in the world I want right now is a reduction in the cap. It would make life an absolute living hell the minute we resign Rants.

I didn't mention anything about Cap or Contracts...I'm upset that everyone that sat next to me wasn't even watching the game. Corporate gives out seats to people who don't even watch the f***ing game. The atmosphere in the arena is garbage because of this.

Two guys sitting right next to me talked business the entire first period and I didn't see them until the final 5 minutes of the period. It's a f***ing joke that corporations take away good seats from actual fans of the game. Causes the ACTUAL fan to pay $300+ for a god damn decent seat. It's not fair and that's why the atmosphere in the "Scotiabank Centre" is an absolute joke.

Now you're not even allowed to re-enter the building when the game is going on. Why as a smoker should I be punished for paying 300+ dollars for a f***ing seat?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Zappalanche

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
You do realize that the salary cap would go down tremendously right? The glory days for the Avs died because PL never fully understood how to live in a cap era. The bonuses given in contracts to Sakic and Blake made it impossible for the team to make an even half-assed attempt at keeping either Forsberg or Foote.

The last thing in the world I want right now is a reduction in the cap. It would make life an absolute living hell the minute we resign Rants.

PL had a "win now" mentality, he constantly made huge deals at the deadline. You're right that he mortgaged the Avs future, but I find it hard to believe he didn't understand the cap. It's just a differently structured budget.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I didn't mention anything about Cap or Contracts...I'm upset that everyone that sat next to me wasn't even watching the game. Corporate gives out seats to people who don't even watch the ****ing game. The atmosphere in the arena is garbage because of this.

Two guys sitting right next to me talked business the entire first period and I didn't see them until the final 5 minutes of the period. It's a ****ing joke that corporations take away good seats from actual fans of the game. Causes the ACTUAL fan to pay $300+ for a god damn decent seat. It's not fair and that's why the atmosphere in the "Scotiabank Centre" is an absolute joke.

Now you're not even allowed to re-enter the building when the game is going on. Why as a smoker should I be punished for paying 300+ dollars for a ****ing seat?
Yah I wasn't happy when they changed the smoking rules. You can't ban certain people from attending the game. Toronto is a prosperous city, and the leafs benefit greatly from that.

Ottawa tried banning leaf fans a few years back, Vegas has been trying to crack down on out of city season ticket holders, I'm pretty sure Nashville was only accepting credit cards from local residents. It's not a good look for any team.

The arena was dead last night, because the leafs are struggling lately, and the Avs worked them over pretty good. In sure most fans expected an easy win.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I didn't mention anything about Cap or Contracts...I'm upset that everyone that sat next to me wasn't even watching the game. Corporate gives out seats to people who don't even watch the ****ing game. The atmosphere in the arena is garbage because of this.

Two guys sitting right next to me talked business the entire first period and I didn't see them until the final 5 minutes of the period. It's a ****ing joke that corporations take away good seats from actual fans of the game. Causes the ACTUAL fan to pay $300+ for a god damn decent seat. It's not fair and that's why the atmosphere in the "Scotiabank Centre" is an absolute joke.

Now you're not even allowed to re-enter the building when the game is going on. Why as a smoker should I be punished for paying 300+ dollars for a ****ing seat?

Just out of curiosity, have you been to a lot of other arenas? I haven’t personally, only have been to the Dome in Calgary, but I imagine Colorado wouldn’t exactly be the biggest draw in Toronto much like getting a Columbus here, especially when the home team is being out played. Also from what I can gather stadiums in the US have more of a buzz throughout the game (probably similar to TO) as people talk throughout it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad