Post-Game Talk: GAME 46 - A solid 60 minutes - BRUINS 4 Winterpeg 1

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Trade deadline hasn't hit yet. While the Bruins don't have the capacity to do too much on that front, other teams will, probably including the Jets. Can't fully assess the rosters until they've settled post March 8.
Absolutely, at least one article on the trade board says the Jets are "all in." You know the Rangers will get someone good. (I suppose they could get another flop like Kane, but they have prospects if not cap room.) Much is to be determined.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Another big test for the Bruins coming up tomorrow night. Over each team's most recent ten games, here's how they rank in the NHL:

Points%
1. Oilers 1.000
2. Canucks .850
3. Jets .800
4. Bruins .750
4. Hurricanes .750
4. Red Wings .750

Goal Differential
1. Oilers +19
2. Bruins +16
3. Canucks +14
4. Jets +13
5. Hurricanes +12

Goals For
1. Bruins 44
1. Avalanche 44
3. Panthers 39
3. Stars 39
5. Hurricanes 38
5. Lightning 38

The biggest statistical difference between the two teams is their special teams performance. It would be in the Bruins best interest to limit the amount of time the Hurricanes spend on the Powerplay.

The Hurricanes PP has converted 32.3% of the time in their most recent ten games (~2nd in the league) -- while the Bruins Penalty Kill has only successfully killed 75.8% of their opponent's PPs in their last ten games (~7th worst in the league.)

I'm looking forward to another good game and for Linus Ullmark to finally earn a regulation win against the Hurricanes. He's 0-3-1 in his career vs them.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Bruins are for real folks. Half season and still one of the 5 NHL best teams. I like the team, like their chances. Don't know what PO will look like, but why not alot of success!

For now, I am enjoying this ride. Go Bruins.

Reactions: Alan Ryan and PB37

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I freaking love this team. Feel like I've been more negative then I usually am cause of how last season ended, but I'm starting to believe again. And I'm also ready to get hurt again lol.
" And they pulled me back in "

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Beecher is a good faceoff guy, but he's in Monty's doghouse right now

You were right about Geekie being one of tonight's stars...shows you what I know
I don't think Beecher is in Monty's doghouse as much as I think he is trying to get a message through to him " GET PHYSICAL ". Monty plays Olivia Newton John, every time Beecher walks into the locker room........The kid will be fine when he figures it all out.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad