GDT: Game #46 - 1.14.14 - vs Edmonton - 7:30 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
game46.png

20 shots on the Wings in 1 period and 0 goals? = 5-1 loss

man-with-paper-bag-on-head.jpg

2-0 lead on road vs Islanders? = 7-3 loss

bag-over-head.jpg

Fresh off most embarrassing loss of the season? = 1-0 loss

bag-over-head-behind-desk.jpg

2-2 tie on road vs Rangers with less than 2 minutes to go? = 3-2 loss

fanswearingbags.jpg

2-1 lead at home vs Islanders with less than 5 minutes to go? 4-2 loss

scarlett.jpg

Bring on the Oilers...

162879663_slide.jpg

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
It's pretty damn close to season over if they lose tonight.

Arpi3080

Everybody be cool!
Aug 12, 2011
I'm pretty sure they will get back on track tonight. Hopefully Seguin and Benn find their scoring touch and chemistry anywhere on the ice again!

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Minnesota is probably too far ahead already. They're simply a better team. Stars are going to be close to the 10 percent playoff chance threshold if the streak keeps going, which is where I typically pull the plug on the orangutan. Not to mention this is one of their most favorable matchups possible, a game that absolutely must count in the win column. 9 of the 13 remaining games until the Olympic break I would categorize as "hard" or games where the Stars wouldn't be favored.

I mean, good lord. This team gives up 3 goals a game. That isn't making the playoffs. Teams that bad draft in the top 5 typically.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
The only reason we still have a chance prior to tonight is that we still play Phoenix 3 times, Minnesota multiple times. And whomever else ahead of us.

But we still have a home and home with Pittsburgh and Tampa to look forward to, plus another Chicago/Washington/Boston/St Louis game. Those are going to be flat out embarrassing at this rate.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
how do you figure?

6 straight losses to the Eastern Conference says enough.

If we lose to Edmonton tonight (non-playoff team) we'll drop 14 points.

That's not a great way to make the playoffs. It'd take a substantial winning streak to get back into the running.

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
It seems like every year we talk about how hard the schedule is going to be and then they do remarkably well during the hard part and then crap the bed.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Saw it on NHL.com comment section, take it with a handful of salt.

The flu has hit the Stars locker room pretty bad this past week, and Val is the most recent victim. After last nights game, I had the chance to get autographs from the team--but Val wasn't present because he has the flu.

Might explain him not doing that good (though he was decent last game).

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
That's been their excuse through this whole thing, well mostly Razor and company's excuse.

Goligoski hasn't been mentioned once about having the flu though. :laugh:

That's a better excuse than they just completely forgot how they play hockey and half ass it around the rink for no apparent reason.

MetalGodAOD*

Mark Stepneski ‏@StarsInsideEdge 36m

Lindy Ruff said Val Nichushkin has been a little banged up and fatigued. Almost missed a game, trying to limit his minutes.

Explains why he's been dropped down the lineup.

Anyways ya, we need to win this one. I have a feeling we'll get greatly outplayed but walk away with 2 points, making us even more confused.

NFKappaB

Mo Money Mo Problems
Jun 29, 2011
Nova Scotia
I trust our team will do well enough for 9th in the conference. Make the playoffs? lol....no that won't happen this year.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
That's been their excuse through this whole thing, well mostly Razor and company's excuse.

The amount of excuses Razor makes is really starting to be annoying. But I don't think the flu bug really is. Though the point was that Nichushkin might be the new victim, and Marks tweet kind off confirms that.

Brand New Stars

I just want playoffs or a completely garbage team. The inbetween stuff is very annoying.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
The only reason we still have a chance prior to tonight is that we still play Phoenix 3 times, Minnesota multiple times. And whomever else ahead of us.

But we still have a home and home with Pittsburgh and Tampa to look forward to, plus another Chicago/Washington/Boston/St Louis game. Those are going to be flat out embarrassing at this rate.

*Throws frozen puck @ the Stars* :yo:

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
I think the Oilers want to lose more than this team does, so....I'm feeling charitable. I say we make Oilers fans happy tonight and stomp their team into the ground. :handclap:

One step closer to Reinhart!

Reinhart... That's an odd way of spelling Ekblad

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA