GDT: Game #46 - 01.20.15 - vs Seguin Haters - 7:30 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Also the Stars and us fans did nothing to deserve that kinda **** we get from the Bruins fans. We make statistical jokes about Seguin not being great because of how the media in Boston tore him apart and every dumbass believed it. That's really it. But the amount of hate is unbelievable for **** we didn't do. That's why we do not like the Bruins. Period.

What if that "hate" (irritation is more like it, it's not like the Bruins lack storied rivalries to put that hatred into instead of focusing on a team they face twice a year unless both of them go to the SCF) is fuelled by the same emotions that fuel your hatred for the Bruins? Or what if the things you've read as unbelievable amounts of hate were jokes similar to the ones about Seguin not being great?

2049464.jpg

(Really it's more likely other Bruins fans who are the actual source of that irritation by hating on "our" current players)

MetalGodAOD*

What if that "hate" (irritation is more like it, it's not like the Bruins lack storied rivalries to put that hatred into instead of focusing on a team they face twice a year unless both of them go to the SCF) is fuelled by the same emotions that fuel your hatred for the Bruins? Or what if the things you've read as unbelievable amounts of hate were jokes similar to the ones about Seguin not being great?

http://cdn.meme.am/images/2049464.jpg

(Really it's more likely other Bruins fans who are the actual source of that irritation by hating on "our" current players)

Dude just read your forum's post GDT to see why some Dallas fans wouldn't like some of your fans. A lot of unnecessary comments like "lolDallas" after a 3-1 win. Really strange that some fans of a team that is so successful and "on another level" like they enjoy implying needs to gloat so hard after a win, and put their opponent down.

I'd chalk it up more to being a big market team and attracting some bad apples and poor sports who've ruined your reputation around the league.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia

I can't speak for other Stars fans but the source of my displeasure with Bruins fans has come almost entirely from posts in this sub forum. It wasn't the situation you're describing at all. It was back and forth conversations with Bruins fans who felt the need to come to our neck of the woods and tell us step by step just why Seguin had become available, why they were happy to only have "winners" on their team again, and why we will eventually be unhappy with him. It happened numerous times, always went the same, and generally left me (and likely many others) with a sour taste in my mouth.

At this point discussing it has gotten really old. Suffice to say that many of us enjoy when your team loses while still rooting for our old players.

Ace0813

Bleed Black & Gold
Aug 28, 2008
New Hampshire
I can't speak for other Stars fans but the source of my displeasure with Bruins fans has come almost entirely from posts in this sub forum. It wasn't the situation you're describing at all. It was back and forth conversations with Bruins fans who felt the need to come to our neck of the woods and tell us step by step just why Seguin had become available, why they were happy to only have "winners" on their team again, and why we will eventually be unhappy with him. It happened numerous times, always went the same, and generally left me (and likely many others) with a sour taste in my mouth.

At this point discussing it has gotten really old. Suffice to say that many of us enjoy when your team loses while still rooting for our old players.
It's what happens when your team becomes popular. It wasn't like this back in the O'Connell era, hell I could go to the Garden for $25 in the nosebleeds. Ever since the Cup run the Bruins are one of the hottest tickets in town and every knucklehead thinks they're a hockey insider.

With that, they jump on places like this where they can spout nonsense and continue to do so. It's just the way things work, unfortunately.

It happens with every big market team with success.

Ace0813

Bleed Black & Gold
Aug 28, 2008
New Hampshire
Also - I did want to pop in and say that Dallas is my team in the West. Benn is a hell of a player. I wish Seguin nothing but success.

Hopefully your team can turn it around and get into the playoff picture there in the tough West.

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX

It's fueled by fans that feel the need to bag on Seguin continuously. But it's like when the Bruins play Dallas, it intensifies. But it doesn't just stop at Seguin. It goes beyond that. It goes to bashing other Stars, it goes to bashing our fans, and it goes to bashing our city. We know we're not a big market like Boston, and we're fine with that.

It's really unnecessary to be honest. Our fanbases shouldn't even have this bad of blood against each other, but they do over one ****ing guy.

Last edited:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Just curious, why do Stars fans have so much hate for the Bruins? We practically gave you a generational talent for spare parts and made you an up and coming contender. Crazy...I'd be kissing the ass of the entire Bruins organization for pulling such a brain numbing move. Just sayin.

Good game.

Because people like you come over here and troll their board :shakehead

I used to feel fairly welcome here but not anymore. :(

aloonda*

Also - I did want to pop in and say that Dallas is my team in the West. Benn is a hell of a player. I wish Seguin nothing but success.

Hopefully your team can turn it around and get into the playoff picture there in the tough West.

I like this one

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
You're about the only Bruin fan still liked over here. :laugh:

You just can't resist my wit and charm :sarcasm::laugh:

Seriously- I know how much I hate it when someone trolls our board so I don't do it when I visit another board. Hell I don't troll the Habs board even when they've got it coming which is every time we play them :naughty: :laugh:

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
It's fueled by fans that feel the need to bag on Seguin continuously. But it's like when the Bruins play Dallas, it intensifies. But it doesn't just stop at Seguin. It goes beyond that. It goes to bashing other Stars, it goes to bashing our fans, and it goes to bashing our city. We know we're not a big market like Boston, and we're fine with that.

It's really unnecessary to be honest. Our fanbases shouldn't even have this bad of blood against each other, but they do over one ****ing guy.

If I'm honest, it's a little bit of both (as well as a big market team attracting all kinds of fans). I admit I've cracked jokes about similar things, but they were just that, jokes. I really want to see the sport grow everywhere it possibly can, and for that we can't be pushing down the newer markets as they emerge and try to establish themselves, "friendly banter" in GDT's is alright, though, don't think there's one team we don't do the same with (and most teams' fans probably do too). We can be grateful towards Ottawa for spanking the Habs one day, and then combine for 5 pages on Erik Karlsson's defensive mishaps next time we face them.

The true catalyst with Dallas is:

1. Seguin performed better than most of us had predicted, and more quickly (doesn't mean he would've performed as well playing LW or 3rd line C with 40% as much PP time in Boston, but that's irrelevant), whilst Eriksson struggled with injuries and then being kept on the 3rd line for chemistry when most wanted to see him given a chance with Krejci and Lucic.

2. There have been about 14 threads on Loui in our forum, pretty much the same discussion back and forth since the first concussion, with several trolls and quasi-trolls enjoying it as their own personal playground. I'm fairly sure I recall a few of your posters saying that we didn't deserve Loui a year back or so. Much of the frustration these threads brought up within other fans was projected onto Seguin, because of the endless comparisons to ditto.

This probably won't clear much, if anything, up, or justify anything. A couple of isolated instances does not a fanbase make, but if you feel you have enough to justify hatred towards the team/fanbase/city, feel free. It's a good feeling when you beat a team like that. :laugh:

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
2. There have been about 14 threads on Loui in our forum, pretty much the same discussion back and forth since the first concussion, with several trolls and quasi-trolls enjoying it as their own personal playground. I'm fairly sure I recall a few of your posters saying that we didn't deserve Loui a year back or so. Much of the frustration these threads brought up within other fans was projected onto Seguin, because of the endless comparisons to ditto.

The thing with Loui is that he had been one of the few bright spots in Dallas during his time. He played a 100% complete game and was underrated pretty much the entire time he was here. But whatever, we like the guy, most still do. It was obvious to most people here that last season Loui wasn't playing anything close to even the level he was his last year here when his production and overall game had taken a bit of a downturn. I recall a number of Bruins fans saying things along the lines of "this guy sucks and he probably always did."

I'm happy Loui is playing well. I'd love to sign him when he's free. He'd look great next to Spezza or on Seguin's wing.

Last edited:

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
I recall a number of Bruins fans saying things along the lines of "this guy sucks and he probably always did."

You ran into some of the more moderate posters, then. :sarcasm: :naughty:
I've heard so much worse. "Trade him straight up for [this or that 4th line goon with 3rd line upside at a not much better cap hit]", waive him, wish we could still buy him out, and the like. :laugh:

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Man **** talking about Boston fans. I woke up still mad about that huge ass in Kari's face on the 3rd goal. Is it because Demers was in the box ? Do they literally forget how to play defense when a former 3rd pairing defenseman from a bubble playoff team isn't on the ice ? That's more sad than anything else last night. And if Oleksiak can't clear a crease less than 5 feet away from him then what exactly is his purpose ?

Also this roster is McEichel quality without Benn but I'd rather have that than have him not play at 100% next year because he keeps playing through whatever **** is wrong with him. If he needs to sit out for awhile or get surgery or whatever just get it done. We'll be 1st in games lost to injury by the end of the season anyway so we might as well add him to it. If we're really looking to the future then **** this year. I want Benn at his best when it actually matters and regardless of whatever push we make to claw into a wildcard spot this season doesn't matter all that much.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Because people like you come over here and troll their board :shakehead

I used to feel fairly welcome here but not anymore. :(

I wasn't trolling whatsoever. I've always had a soft spot for the Stars ever since Modano. Wish we still had Seguin, never understood the hate for him. I forgot how much I hated this site in general because of pompous ass people like you. Peace I'm out for a while.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I wasn't trolling whatsoever. I've always had a soft spot for the Stars ever since Modano. Wish we still had Seguin, never understood the hate for him. I forgot how much I hated this site in general because of pompous ass people like you. Peace I'm out for a while.

Good.

And thank you.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Where were all the Boston fans after our SO win last year? Seems like that would be the most relevant time to come talk about Seguin in one of our game threads, that being the first game between the two teams since the trade.

There is absolutely no need whatsoever to come to another team's board after beating them except to gloat, even if it's behind the thin veil of sportsmanship. None of us care that Dallas is your second team. It doesn't make you any less of a dbag for posting here. Therefore, to any and all Bruins fans reading this: leave and never return.

Except for you BMC, we coo.

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Just curious, why do Stars fans have so much hate for the Bruins? We practically gave you a generational talent for spare parts and made you an up and coming contender. Crazy...I'd be kissing the ass of the entire Bruins organization for pulling such a brain numbing move. Just sayin.

Good game.

A bunch of people whining about what some dude from Boston said to another dude from Boston about Dallas being a lame place does not a fanbase represent.

I don't get where this hate is coming from either. Call it the proverbial napolean complex; hockey teams from small markets tend to have it out for big market teams. Total penis envy. But thank you for Seguin. Like King Joffrey's death, he's been a welcome surprise since debuting in victory green.

About the only thing about the Bruins that bothers me is Jack Edwards (wasn't too annoying with the commentary against Dallas; gave kudos to Klingberg), and the tough guy pathos that turns plugs like Thornton into necessary components of success.

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
Regardless I'm done talking about it now. Bruins fans wanted to know why, well now they know. So go ahead and continue to bash Seguin, our team, and our fans.

BMC you're the only one I like. But Boston just surpassed the Hawks as my most hated fanbase.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Where were all the Boston fans after our SO win last year? Seems like that would be the most relevant time to come talk about Seguin in one of our game threads, that being the first game between the two teams since the trade.

There is absolutely no need whatsoever to come to another team's board after beating them except to gloat, even if it's behind the thin veil of sportsmanship. None of us care that Dallas is your second team. It doesn't make you any less of a dbag for posting here. Therefore, to any and all Bruins fans reading this: leave and never return.

Except for you BMC, we coo.

Glad to hear it! :)

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
A bunch of people whining about what some dude from Boston said to another dude from Boston about Dallas being a lame place does not a fanbase represent.

I don't get where this hate is coming from either. Call it the proverbial napolean complex; hockey teams from small markets tend to have it out for big market teams. Total penis envy. But thank you for Seguin. Like King Joffrey's death, he's been a welcome surprise since debuting in victory green.

About the only thing about the Bruins that bothers me is Jack Edwards (wasn't too annoying with the commentary against Dallas; gave kudos to Klingberg), and the tough guy pathos that turns plugs like Thornton into necessary components of success.

Jack Edward is awesome. :(

How can you not like him? :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad