GDT: Game #46 - 01.20.15 - vs Seguin Haters - 7:30 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Of course not. That would mess with whatever stupid 5 year plan we have to keep playing Jordie.

I also want Oleksiak gone, he just refuses to be a physical hockey player, especially when it matters.

He's never been noted for his physical play, that's not who he is.

StarsTx

Nov 9, 2014
Of course not. That would mess with whatever stupid 5 year plan we have to keep playing Jordie.

I also want Oleksiak gone, he just refuses to be a physical hockey player, especially when it matters.

He was the most physical defender on the team in the 3rd, by far. He and Demers are the only defenders that actual will hit somebody.

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
If Gaglardi was serious about getting this team in check. Time to start now by gutting the coaching staff. You can keep Ruff, but you gotta replace Fraser. 0/6. What a ****ing joke.

NukeJukes43

He's never been noted for his physical play, that's not who he is.

Then why would we need him? What good does a 6'7 puck moving defender get you when you have 3 other defenseman that are better at it and more mobile?

He'll constantly pinch in way too deep on the blueline and gets burned. He over commits when defending on a rush and then leaves a guy wide open to be passed too.

If we didn't bring him in to use his size defending the front of our net and to bring some some big physical play, we wasted a draft pick on him.

NukeJukes43

If I wasn't finishing my engineering degree this semester I'd be tempted ;)

Congrats on that, bud. Electrical? Mechanical? Software? Haha just curious, engineering has always intrigued me.

MetalGodAOD*

I thought they played pretty well tonight and deserved a better fate. Hopefully they can keep that going after the break.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Pretty sure he's played on the top 2 lines a fair bit more than the bottom 2 this season

edit: Yup. Top linemates are Fiddler followed by Spezky, Seguin and Benn
And it goes a long way to explaining why the team fell so far behind in the standings. If Eaves is playing up the lineup, it means there are line chemistry problems and the team is probably losing a lot.

MetalGodAOD*

Idk I could see Ritchie slotting in there and/or Sceviour in Cole's place. But probably.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Just curious, why do Stars fans have so much hate for the Bruins? We practically gave you a generational talent for spare parts and made you an up and coming contender. Crazy...I'd be kissing the ass of the entire Bruins organization for pulling such a brain numbing move. Just sayin.

Good game.

jason9090spezza

Oct 19, 2014
Japan
lol at Eriksson scoring:laugh:

I liked the forward group. This game reminds me of the Jets game few days ago where the opposing goalie was just too good. If it wasn't for Rask playing great, we would have scored couple more goals IMO. But when u get THAT many chances, u have to score AT LEAST more than one goals...sigh. I'm pretty happy with the forward group.

The defense is awful. Period. When are they going to learn. Some of those plays are so bad, and they get out of position too often.

Goaltending was good. Kari played a solid game IMO. Those goals are clearly not his fault.

About the power play...when u have Seguin, Benn, and Spezza, and the team going 0/6...jaw dropping.

MetalGodAOD*

Just curious, why do Stars fans have so much hate for the Bruins? We practically gave you a generational talent for spare parts and made you an up and coming contender. Crazy...I'd be kissing the ass of the entire Bruins organization for pulling such a brain numbing move. Just sayin.

Good game.

Because some members of your fanbase and their comments since trade.

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX

Good game.

Let me tell you why. I had my eye on the GDT on the Bruins board. And a lot of the comments made were either bashing Seguin, bashing our players, bashing our fanbase, or bashing our city. We love hockey here, and we have a lot of transplants from other cities that will go to games or they're bandwagon fans.

That's why we don't really don't have love for the Bruins. Mostly because of the fans. I love the trade, but the fans made the Bruins extremely hateable.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Let me tell you why. I had my eye on the GDT on the Bruins board. And a lot of the comments made were either bashing Seguin, bashing our players, bashing our fanbase, or bashing our city. We love hockey here, and we have a lot of transplants from other cities that will go to games or they're bandwagon fans.

That's why we don't really don't have love for the Bruins. Mostly because of the fans. I love the trade, but the fans made the Bruins extremely hateable.

Yep.

I use to cheer for Boston, but that quickly changed after I got to experience the hatred live in person.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
This felt a lot like the loss against Winnipeg, except against a better team. Sequin clearly wanted to show the Bruins up, and while he had a good game I think it was the reason he didn't score on that golden chance. He could have probably afforded to shoot that more softly and it would have gone in, instead he wanted to rifle it to make absolutely sure it beat Rask.

This team is going to win a lot of games if they play like this (minus the atrocious power play). I think they've looked great the last few games and that we can really string something together if we keep playing with this much effort.

I can't remember who mentioned that they thought Benn has a wrist injury, but that's gotta be it. His shot selection has completely changed this year, and that killer shot of his is something I haven't seen in a while. He seems like he's taking a lot of slappers and snappers and not many wristers. Whatever is going on with him I don't expect it to change this year if he keeps playing.

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX

Good game.

Also the Stars and us fans did nothing to deserve that kinda **** we get from the Bruins fans. We make statistical jokes about Seguin not being great because of how the media in Boston tore him apart and every dumbass believed it. That's really it. But the amount of hate is unbelievable for **** we didn't do. That's why we do not like the Bruins. Period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad