GDT: Game # 45 - Rangers vs Wild - (Henrik Lundqvist Retirement Ceremony @ 6:30pm) Game @ 8pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Strome pushed Talbot's right pad, forcing him to reposition. Impossible to say how much pressure Strome applies. I'd be surprised if he applied enough pressure with a stick to move a 200 pound man off-balance, but. Guess it's the right call.

it doesn’t matter and the video showed it. he stretched his stick out into the pad, clear as day

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
I don’t feel like that’s the usual definition of pushing the goaltender across the line. I see where Strome’s stick earlier pushes the pad back while he’s going for the puck, making a normal hockey play, but since when is ZERO contact allowed? Typically in this situation it’s like pushing the pad and puck across the line together, not one then the other a few seconds later. Weird call. Regardless, didn’t deserve the win.
You rarely, if ever, see a call like this made in this way. it's always about pushing the puck in the net with the goalie, not like this. Very unique play. Very devastating

Reactions: LokiDog

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
You don’t make that call. Lost sight of the puck and saw enough “contact” - nonsense call, anyone defending it is full of shit.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
I’ll be honest, you know how often that goes uncalled? Talbot didn’t complain he was floundering like a fish.

That should have been called a goal

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
Talbot was going down to his stomach anyway. I don't even think the pad push was necessary, but Strome definitely pushed the pad with his stick to "help it".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad