GDT: Game # 45 - Rangers vs Wild - (Henrik Lundqvist Retirement Ceremony @ 6:30pm) Game @ 8pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Strome stick on goalies pads but puck was not pushed in. I guess interference . Sucks

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
f*** this league. How do you do this on a night when a franchise icon has his number retired?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Shit, was actually the right call. Goalie pad was pushed into net, was interference.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
I don’t feel like that’s the usual definition of pushing the goaltender across the line. I see where Strome’s stick earlier pushes the pad back while he’s going for the puck, making a normal hockey play, but since when is ZERO contact allowed? Typically in this situation it’s like pushing the pad and puck across the line together, not one then the other a few seconds later. Weird call. Regardless, didn’t deserve the win.

Reactions: NYROrtsFan

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Strome pushed Talbot's right pad, forcing him to reposition. Impossible to say how much pressure Strome applies. I'd be surprised if he applied enough pressure with a stick to move a 200 pound man off-balance, but. Guess it's the right call.
That last view showed it, I didn't see it on the first few looks. Still seems borderline if anything, but I guess I see it now.

Reactions: LokiDog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad