GDT: Game # 45 - Rangers vs Wild - (Henrik Lundqvist Retirement Ceremony @ 6:30pm) Game @ 8pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Shit, was actually the right call. Goalie pad was pushed into net, was interference.
It probably was but I feel like if it was called a goal on the ice it wouldn't have gotten called back. I think it was kind of gray area.

I'm not sure I like something like that in a scrum scenario being goalie interference though. I get why it has to be, because if it wasn't a hard and fast rule you'd have guys doing it on purpose but it just doesn't "feel" right that a play like that is goalie interference.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
The call at the end was the right call.again,don't blame the refs,blame the players for sleepwalking the final 2 periods and putting themselves in that situation

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Those last 2 periods were some of the worst hockey this team has played, and that's saying something. I know, they were missing Kakko, Fox, and Chytil and it was a back to back but they were atrocious.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
It probably was but I feel like if it was called a goal on the ice it wouldn't have gotten called back. I think it was kind of gray area.

I'm not sure I like something like that in a scrum scenario being goalie interference though. I get why it has to be, because if it wasn't a hard and fast rule you'd have guys doing it on purpose but it just doesn't "feel" right that a play like that is goalie interference.
If it was called a goal on the play, Talbot would have complained the whistle wasn't blown, not that his pad was touched.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
that’s a goal. this play happens regularly. the mouth on the water fountain monitors are full of shit. just stop it.

DekeR

Jan 11, 2008
everytime we play with the upper echelon teams, we look slow and physically outmuscled in going for the puck, When they score against us, we have no push back. We maintain the same level of competitive play, its like it hurts to play harder. Laffy needs to spend a year down in the AHL and learn to play competitively along the boards because he sure isn't leaning anything up here.

Reactions: effen

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
This is about emotionally depressed as I've heard the post game have for a general tone. They can't even effectively put a spin on this mess of an effort

Paul Padovano

Dec 24, 2021
Can't play 1 period a game against good teams and expect to win.Maybe 1 day they will understand that.

Completely agree, but that still doesn't mean u screw a team out of a goal. Talbot was never pushed in, he never had control of the puck. No obstruction. It was loose puck! There to be put in the net. So what did Strome do to prevent the goal from counting?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Yeah I agree, it would have been hard to overturn that if a good goal, but then again you never know with these refs. Reffing is so inconsistent throughout the league.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
everytime we play with the upper echelon teams, we look slow and physically outmuscled in going for the puck, When they score against us, we have no push back. We maintain the same level of competitive play, its like it hurts to play harder. Laffy needs to spend a year down in the AHL and learn to play competitively along the boards because he sure isn't leaning anything up here.
I mean, it's hard to really judge them without Fox. He leaves a Grand Canyon sized hole in the team when he's not in the lineup.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Talbot was going down to his stomach anyway. I don't even think the pad push was necessary, but Strome definitely pushed the pad with his stick to "help it".

corrext talbot was sprawling forward this was absolutely ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad