GDT: Game 45: Predators @ Oilers - 2 PM - Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Sat back towards the end (could have gotten the shutout), but mostly a good game / effort before IMO

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I think people would take the Canucks more seriously if they had a recent history of success (even without playoff success) instead of being junk for 10 years. The facts that they have roleplayers shooting at ridiculous % and an incredible PDO, coupled with often just scoring a bunch of goals on few shots to start a game and hanging on for dear life the rest of it on the back of Demko makes them less convincing

And to the bolded, why not? I seem to recall a lot of people expecting the Bruins to decline by last season, it was more of a shock that they won the President's Trophy all things considered. They were exposed in the playoffs.
A team doesn't post the best season in history without being a legit contender. It's pretty well agreed that there's a good chunk of good fortune involved in winning a Stanley Cup. With that being the case its hard to discredit teams that have good seasons for not winning it all. You can fall short and still be a very good team, it doesn't have to be one or the other.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
What do we do now for 10 days?
iu

lol

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Preds gave the Oilers a challenge today.

Brunette is a good coach.
They're a fantastic forechecking team that never gives up. I think they'll make the playoffs if they play like this the rest of the way, and they'll be a tough 1st round opponent for someone -- especially if Saros can find his game.

Reactions: Cloned

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
I'd like to see zone time information. Stack Line was great on the PP and third period. But Stack Line seemed hemmed into own zone defending a lot matched against O-Reilly line. Preds dominated face-off with O-Reilly 75% (Draisaitl was 28.6%).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad