Post-Game Talk: Game #45 | Phoenix Coyotes @ Detroit Red Wings

crashman

Doan
Mule
Howard

Doan gets the #1 star for easily the best moment of the game - "You play with Zetterberg and Datsyuk and only have 11 points. You should be ashamed of yourself."

That was awesome! That's why I like Pierre McGuire, most guys wouldn't share that with the audience.

It just shows that Abelkader is doing his job cause he was able to get Doan to drop the gloves. I'll take the Doan for Abdelkader trade off any day.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
That was awesome! That's why I like Pierre McGuire, most guys wouldn't share that with the audience.

It just shows that Abelkader is doing his job cause he was able to get Doan to drop the gloves. I'll take the Doan for Abdelkader trade off any day.

When the game was pretty secure...at least in my view...watching Doan and Abdelkader got me through the end of the game. Abby was wearing out Michalek and I think Doan was trying to be the "good captain" but he's also a guy realizing his season is nearing an end.

CloneHakanPlease*

Can someone post Doan's chirping to youtube. Want to lol again and didn't DVR it.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Has more to do with the trash talker, about half the time he only says I cannot repeat what was just said.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
I thought Howard was fantastic in the 1st when the Wings kept turning the puck over in their own zone and Jimmy kept bailing them out. E seemed to be channeling his early-season-Q-and-Smith by putting bad passes right on the Coyotes' tape shift after shift.

The whole Doan-Abby dust up was hilarious. Had to love the insight of Pierre right after Shane heads to the sin bin, talking about the type leader that Doan is by standing up for his guys... yeah, down 3 in the 3rd in a must win and your offense is stuck in neutral- can't think of a better time for a team captain to lose his cool and take himself off the ice :shakehead

And I thought the Wings should have received a bench minor for stupidity when Pierre said that the guys on the bench were screaming to Abby to "get away" from Doan when Shane starting to lose his cool. I know that Abby has literally blossomed into a future All Star PWF right before our very eyes this season :sarcasm:, but I'd like to think that an Abby for Doan tradeoff is still desirable for the Wings.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
He made some huuuuuuuge stops when the game was still 1-0 and 2-0. Phoenix had some chances in the first half of the game for sure. He came up huge.

It's kind of amazing how little respect Howard gets. It could be the starting goalie in Detroit is never appreciated but the guy has been our MVP this year. If other leaders produced like Howie has since March 1st we'd be a lock for home ice. The guy has gotten very little support in the form of goal scoring. He also has no backup to spell him since Gustavsson has been complete garbage. Even with that being the case Howard is allowing 1.71 goals against since the start of March.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad