Post-Game Talk: Game #45 | Phoenix Coyotes @ Detroit Red Wings

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
I was only able to watch the 3rd period, but Mule, Howie and Z from what I saw including the highlights. Big win.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
First time in a while that I have a hard time deciding on only 3 Wings.

Zetterberg is a given
Howard was great as well

It's between Abby and Franzen, but I'll pick Franzen. He's on a mission right now.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
First time in a while that I have a hard time deciding on only 3 Wings.

Zetterberg is a given
Howard was great as well

It's between Abby and Franzen, but I'll pick Franzen. He's on a mission right now.

Oh darn I forgot to add you as an option to the poll, we all know it was your hat eating bet that put them over the top. :naughty:

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Oh darn I forgot to add you as an option to the poll, we all know it was your hat eating bet that put them over the top. :naughty:

costa-hat-tip-o.gif

RedWingzz

Everybody loves Raymond
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge win. Gonna be an exiting last 3 games. I'm surprised I was the first to vote Brunner as a star. He was on his game tonight, was very impressed with his skating. I picked Howard, Z, Brunner.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Can't believe Mule didn't get a star from the building today.

He earned one.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge win. Gonna be an exiting last 3 games. I'm surprised I was the first to vote Brunner as a star. He was on his game tonight, was very impressed with his skating. I picked Howard, Z, Brunner.

It was a tough choice for forwards tonight. Hank was productive, and Mule, Abby, Filppula, and Brunner had some of their best games in a while. Lots of guys stepped it up tonight.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
If Filppula plays like tonight, I like the composition of the 3 lines. It's not perfect, but it makes it difficult to know who to defend outside of smother Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Even though Howard got the shutout, he didn't blow my mind. I'm going with Hank, Mule, and Abby for this one.

He made some huuuuuuuge stops when the game was still 1-0 and 2-0. Phoenix had some chances in the first half of the game for sure. He came up huge.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
If Filppula plays like tonight, I like the composition of the 3 lines. It's not perfect, but it makes it difficult to know who to defend outside of smother Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

Take out Cleary and Tootoo replace with Bert and Tatar for the playoffs.

Xvash2

Jul 8, 2010
Even though Howard got the shutout, he didn't blow my mind. I'm going with Hank, Mule, and Abby for this one.

No pucks went past Howard, but he didn't look flashy enough doing it. So he's not a star of the game.

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
Take out Cleary and Tootoo replace with Bert and Tatar for the playoffs.

Cleary isn't coming out no point in saying it. but I agree on the replacing a player with Bert depending on if we run the table and pass both Minny and CBJ. Toots will be a good playoff player especially come games 3-7. replace Eaves and put in Bert. also Tatar needs to lead Grand Rapids right now, and his game lately quine frankly doesn't deserve a call up. Jurco, Ferraro, and Mursak have been playing really well down the stretch. he has 3 points (1G, 2A) in April and is -2.

Brunner a star in building tonight, a little surprised, he did have a good game, just surprised they gave him it over other guys.

Maybe they want to build his confidence. when he 1st got here his confidence was flying because he was putting up unreal numbers in the Swiss league. then he got a little tired and Z cooled off thus hurting Brunner. he went on the goalless streak and then all he hears from media is when is he going to score again. now if he can get more confident again it would jump start his finishing ability.

it would be nice to see Brunner Franzen and Fil all get hot all at once. with Howards recent play and the D looking fairly solid. it could be enough to get us to the post season. not including if Nyquist starts finishing on his what like 3 breakaways a game he always seems to have. and Z and Pav's constant threat.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Howard
Z
Mule

HM: Abdelkader, DD for saving a goal (ala Lidstrom, using his stick instead of the body ;))

Datsyuk seemed off last night. His shot was off and couldn't seem to hold on to the puck.

Filppula finally decides to shoot the puck and look what happens!

Smith and Cleary :shakehead

Those back to back tripping calls (the second one being in the offensive zone) by Cleary was the last straw.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Doan
Mule
Howard

Doan gets the #1 star for easily the best moment of the game - "You play with Zetterberg and Datsyuk and only have 11 points. You should be ashamed of yourself."

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Doan gets the #1 star for easily the best moment of the game - "You play with Zetterberg and Datsyuk and only have 11 points. You should be ashamed of yourself."

From where I was sitting, I couldn't help but watch Doan yell into the Wings bench at Abby...is that a direct quote from McGuire or did it get picked up on mic?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->