GDT: Game 45: Habs @ Sens, Thurs. Jan. 18, 7 PM | RDS, TSN2: The St.Caufield and Gaylord togetherness edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
I like him but I think he panics way too much in the D zone. He needs more work in Laval on his D.
He also needs to get stronger on his skates, hard to be effective on D when you are always on your ass.
I also don't think he is a longterm player for this team.
Just an opinion
Fair enough, respect your opinion
I like Barron.. I do think he's gonna be expendable by Mailloux and Reinbacher, so I don't expect him a long term piece of this team.

But his value will still be high when we move him.
Same here, long term I don't see him here cause of everyone we have coming up down the road, but I certainly think he is a valuable asset out there

Fatbiggie

Unregistered User
Jul 30, 2005
I miss...absolutely no one from that franchise, f*** them.

Unfortunately I expect a drubbing against us, like the Panthers we really seems to get them under their skin

_habsfan9

Nov 26, 2005
GO HABS GO!!! One of those either we keep tanking along or we start dreaming of playoffs kinda games lol
1000006443.jpg

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
GO HABS GO!!! One of those either we keep tanking along or we start dreaming of playoffs kinda games lol
View attachment 805616
I would cheer much more at these infants beating out the Leafs or Lightning at a playoff spot than I would feel emotionally fulfilled that “the right thing was done in losing all these games”. You’d have to be Vulcan or something. Why even watch…

Fact is we can’t lose if we enjoy the games; win I’m happy, lose they get a better draft choice.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
View attachment 805616
That meme is as bipolar as it gets for a fan base except that there is a sign missing for the road to no man’s land. :sarcasm:

Not that there’s anything wrong with it but if the team can keep up its winning ways somehow, I hope they don’t fall just short of a playoff spot.

• Haha
Reactions: _habsfan9

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
That meme is as bipolar as it gets for a fan base except that there is a sign missing for the road to no man’s land. :sarcasm:

Not that there’s anything wrong with it but if the team can keep up its winning ways somehow, I hope they don’t fall just short of a playoff spot.
You can’t really love if you’re afraid of being hurt.

Be vulnerable, Runner77.

I hear Scorpions right now. ooooooooooooh love huuuuuurts…

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
They really gave that guy 20M lmao

Sens would be better if they hired jfresh to run the the team :eyeroll: heck even Pierre McGuire would have done a better job.

.884 3.70

View attachment 805594
The Oilers gifted $25 M to Jack Campbell on a 5-year deal, so that type of self-inflicted cap mutilation is also being practised elsewhere.

What these kind of deals say is that GMs who dole them out, are the easiest idiots to spot in a room and are prime targets for a shakedown trade. It’s the classic Count of Monte Cristo credo — let their negligence be your ally.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Man I can't believe this is the first time we are on a winning streak lol. Playoff team my ass.
27 of 44 games decided by one goal. That tells me they are progressing well and competitive in most games.
I don't know of anyone who says they are a playoff team but most are saying they are seeing a young team maturing and showing good progress.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
27 of 44 games decided by one goal. That tells me they are progressing well and competitive in most games.
I don't know of anyone who says they are a playoff team but most are saying they are seeing a young team maturing and showing good progress.
To me that shows how our record is mostly luck. Not being able to win 2 games in a row for half a season is Ducharme-like.

Reactions: Gravity

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

This is stuff Ottawa, Buffalo, Anaheim and Columbus can't do in year 18 of their rebuilds.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
We all have differing views. I am glad we are seeing several young players developing and showing good things.

Habs are learning to play in tight games and that's a great thing, luck or not.
It's nice when you are competing for the playoffs, but as per the management we are rebuilding so it's just further putting us in no man's land. We can make fun of the Sens/Sabres/Ducks/Jackets but we haven't made the playoffs since 2017-2018 outside of the Covid rules which was extremely favourable on our behalf.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
They've won multiple times 2 games in a row this season.
What is different this time is that they won both games in regulation.
Fair enough, but that's still a very embarrassing stat. The team is better than the Ducharme-era but should still be around bottom 5.

Reactions: Gravity

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
It's nice when you are competing for the playoffs, but as per the management we are rebuilding so it's just further putting us in no man's land. We can make fun of the Sens/Sabres/Ducks/Jackets but we haven't made the playoffs since 2017-2018 outside of the Covid rules which was extremely favourable on our behalf.
The players in this draft from 2-15 are pretty similar. This isn't last year where you had Fantilli and Carlsson level players after the first pick. Tanking in a year like this is pretty whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad