GDT: Game 45: Columbus at Winnipeg | 1/21 9PM EST

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
We play like this anytime there's a break upcoming. Specifically, the game before a multi-day break.

Agreed. Furthermore, you could definitely tell which team is playing more inspired hockey. A lot easier to get up for a Wednesday night game when you are 2 points behind the Blackhawks.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Seems as if our AAA teams are always in first place or at least doing well... The guys get to Columbus and..... oh, well.

Only since 2012-13 season.

Which was lockout season that we finished tied for 8th in West. Then they both made playoffs last year. Falcons are in first again this year. CBJ probably would have contended this year if it weren't for the ridiculous injuries, but doubt even in healthy scenario that they would've been more than a wild card.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Only since 2012-13 season.

Which was lockout season that we finished tied for 8th in West. Then made both made playoffs last year. Falcons are in first again this year. CBJ probably would have contended this year if it weren't for the ridiculous injuries, but doubt even in healthy scenario that they would've been more than a wild card.

I remember the Crunch days too.....

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I still believe in this team long term. The injuries early is what put us under, and everyone above us getting hot after was a recipe for disaster. Hopefully they use this season as motivation next year and we can spring forward like the Isles.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
NHL Blue Jackets ‏@BlueJacketsNHL 3m3 minutes ago

#CBJ coach Todd Richards said Sergei Bobrovsky has a lower body injury. He will be evaluated tomorrow.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
With Springfield being one of the teams rumored to be sold and moved in the big AHL shakeup, anyone think we wind up back in Syracuse AHL affiliate-wise?

Not sure of a benefit. Still 7 hour drive...less flight options.

It still depends on ownership I guess. CBJ don't want a minor league owner telling them how to develop their players. So, if new owner of Springfield is going to fuss about callups, they would need to look elsewhere. Does Syracuse have a new owner? Thought he butted heads with CBJ.

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
14 shots on goal in 1st period, 2 PP's and can't beat a rookie goalie.

I swear, **** like this only happens to the Blue Jackets. It's infuriating and hilarious at the same time.

Games like this rip away all hope I have of this team going on a run.

Here's to hoping the team and Bob build on that huge 2 on 1 stop at the end. I'm tired of this team floating around .500
Win and win NOW.

Not just Blue Jackets. Ask any Blackhawks fan how they feel about Hutchinson. They're 16-7-1 at home and 3 of those 7 home losses are because of Hutchinson.

You guys are my second favourite team and I'm not sure whether I should root for you to make a crazy late playoff push or tank for a miracle draw in the McDavid sweepstakes. Once your injuries get better you're probably too good to tank, so playoffs it is!

Last edited:

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
The entire NHL will be there... I was listening to NHL Sat XM today, all of the media boys are checking in tomorrow... It is a big deal, it won't happen in Columbus again for 30 years.

Or longer....Detroit is one of the class of the NHL and the last time they had it was 1980

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
The entire NHL will be there... I was listening to NHL Sat XM today, all of the media boys are checking in tomorrow... It is a big deal, it won't happen in Columbus again for 30 years.

I've enjoyed listening to the guys on XM getting excited for this weekend. Unfortunately, I feel like a majority of Columbus area doesn't have a clue how big a deal this is. 400 media passes. Broadcast to 150 countries. More Billion and millionaires than this city's ever seen. Most of Columbus will be more concerned getting a seat in horseshoeon Saturday.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
If they moved to Cleveland, I would forgo my Jacket season tickets and just go watch them instead

Falcons franchise probably won't move to Cleveland, but there have been rumors of the CBJ affiliating with the Monsters.

There likely wouldn't be any issues with the ownership complaining about how the Jackets develop the players. The Avs run the entire hockey ops here now and the ownership likes it that way (less paychecks to sign).

Other cities that would be good for close travel are Cincy and Indy (not sure if either city has ownership seriously looking at the AHL).

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Not just Blue Jackets ask any Blackhawks fan how they feel about Hutchinson. They're 16-7-1 at home and 3 of those 7 home losses are because of Hutchinson.

You guys are my second favourite team and I'm not sure whether I should root for you to make a crazy late playoff push or tank for a miracle draw in the McDavid sweepstakes. Once you're injuries get better you're probably too good to tank, so playoffs it is!

There is always a chance but the Jackets are not making the playoffs... it was close to being over at Thanksgiving... But then the December run of 10-1-2 (or whatever) put them back in but they tanked again in January.... Next year...

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
There is always a chance but the Jackets are not making the playoffs... it was close to being over at Thanksgiving... But then the December run of 10-1-2 (or whatever) put them back in but they tanked again in January.... Next year...

Well...I think the East kind of sucks so...I'm saying there's a chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00