GDT: Game 45: Columbus at Winnipeg | 1/21 9PM EST

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I seem to recall the Crunch beat writer having a somewhat petulant attitude towards the Jackets.

It was long ago, is all I recall were fan complaints for taking their players.... Even though that is what all NHL teams do with their AAA teams.... Syracuse has a solid hockey base and devoted fans, too bad the relationship didn't work out..

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
It was long ago, is all I recall were fan complaints for taking their players.... Even though that is what all NHL teams do with their AAA teams.... Syracuse has a solid hockey base and devoted fans, too bad the relationship didn't work out..

http://www.dispatch.com/content/sto...jackets_2-19.ART_ART_02-19-10_C1_8UGKQG3.html

"Philosophical differences over how the Crunch roster should be built and managed are at the root of the problem.

"While our relationship has been a strong one for 10 years, we just have not been able to come to an agreement that makes sense for both sides going forward," Blue Jackets assistant general manager Chris MacFarland said."

"The Blue Jackets have an interest in Cleveland, but the Colorado Avalanche is thought to have two seasons remaining on its contract with the Lake Erie Monsters. The Blue Jackets, according to one source, desire an Ohio minor-league base because of the proximity and marketing opportunities.

Another alternative is buying an AHL franchise, which gives the parent club total control. Next fall, Edmonton will become the 11th NHL organization to join the category, AHL spokesman Jason Chaimovitch said."

"Dolgon, who met with Blue Jackets team president Mike Priest in December, said he wants assurance the organization will try to field a playoff contender each year.

"I don't want them to spend a million more dollars," Dolgon said. "I want them to be sensitive to my business and our need to be competitive. Put us on a level playing field."

"It disappointed Dolgon to see forward Nikita Filatov promoted to the Jackets at the end of last season and not play while the Crunch missed the playoffs. He doesn't see the logic when the Jackets carry 14 forwards and a player on a two-way contract such as Mike Blunden or Alexandre Picard sits in the press box.

"That's costing them like $4,000 a game for a budget-conscious team," said Dolgan, who himself isn't known for being willing to spend on veterans who are no longer NHL prospects.

His prodding has irked some within the Blue Jackets organization who believe the minor-league team serves at the discretion of the parent club"

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Rough game for you guys. I hope Bob is ok! I guess I'm not supposed to cheer for CBJ, being a Rangers fan too, but I'm a big fan of both Dubi and Anisimov and that kind of carried over into goodwill towards your team! :) Here's hoping for a better second half! :handclap:

jpell007

Jan 16, 2015
I'm confused

What an embarrassing performance by the entire organization this year. Fitting that the nail in the season coffin comes right before the all star game... What a disappointment... I'm ready for a coaching change. This team starts each season poorly and it seems like the coach still has no identity for this team.

Hey.

I really don't mean to be a dick here, but... I love going through opposing team's forums after the Jets win. Don't get me wrong, we've been terrible since the relocation so this is the first time I've been able to do this on a regular basis. But to your comment about starting the season off poorly: Did you guys not have the utmost worse injuries EVER? Like, 9 starters out? How can you blame the team for a bad start under those circumstances?

It was an act of God that the Jets were able to win with their injuries on Defense/Kane. Only now are we healthy and seem to be putting it together.

Love the character of your squad and what you guys did against the Pens in the playoffs last year. Here's to better times.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Hey.

I really don't mean to be a dick here, but... I love going through opposing team's forums after the Jets win. Don't get me wrong, we've been terrible since the relocation so this is the first time I've been able to do this on a regular basis. But to your comment about starting the season off poorly: Did you guys not have the utmost worse injuries EVER? Like, 9 starters out? How can you blame the team for a bad start under those circumstances?

It was an act of God that the Jets were able to win with their injuries on Defense/Kane. Only now are we healthy and seem to be putting it together.

Love the character of your squad and what you guys did against the Pens in the playoffs last year. Here's to better times.

Yes. Injuries have been devastating We still have 3 Top Six forwards out (Horton, Anisimov, Boone) and a Top Defenseman (Murray). December was the healthiest we've been this year. Looks like we lost Bobrovsky(again) and Morin last night.

I think most CBJ fans realize you can't expect a playoff hockey team when your GM is rummaging the waiver wire and AHL to ice a team. They didn't do "big" moves such as trades because of expectation guys would return. So they were using band aids when they needed tourniquets,

Really, I'm not surprised we have a greater number of injuries than other teams due to physical hitting style we play to make up for our lack of skill, but this year has been a big bag of frustration.

Good luck. You guys may leave us with the sole title of "only NHL team to never win a playoff series".

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
While I have been big Atkinson fan, I agree he is not getting the job done this year. His fall off in scoring is one of the most negative story lines this year.

Last edited:

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Not just Blue Jackets. Ask any Blackhawks fan how they feel about Hutchinson. They're 16-7-1 at home and 3 of those 7 home losses are because of Hutchinson.

Thanks for sharing this.

We played okay last night, but good luck trying to explain that to Jackets fans who think it should have been easy to score on a rookie goalie.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Thanks for sharing this.

We played okay last night, but good luck trying to explain that to Jackets fans who think it should have been easy to score on a rookie goalie.

5v5 we have trouble scoring on anyone. last night's 0-fer on th epp was unusual but we are offensively challenged.

And i knew Hutchinson was having a good year I picked him up for my fantasy teams a while back and he's been helpful.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Kind of like fire selling his tickets at bargain rates.:sarcasm:;)

They are back up for grabs, I'll watch every game and fart around on here but I've lost the desire to go to the arena and drop $400 a game, including the ticket costs, for a team that's not making the playoffs for the 12th time in 14 years...

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Wow, though unhappy we lost last night, I am actually happy with a 2-1 road trip. Could have been a lot worse.

The Jets are a much improved team, and there is no shame in losing to them.

Now about those injuries...:help:

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Pretty disastrous second period.

Yes, the 2nd was the crusher.

I really liked the way we came out, despite giving up 2 goals. Prout looked lost on the 1st goal, and Bob lets a rare easy one go in on the 2nd, very disheartening to go into the locker room down 2-0 after really dominating play in that 1st period. We just didn't have the same mentality after that and it showed on the ice.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
In other words, you'll end your holdout for the next game. Really taking a stand there

What can I say, I'm a softie :laugh: Plus the CBJ are unpredictable. Either they show up and actually look like they did last season in their next game, or play the way they did in this one.

But no, I'm a loyal fan. I may get pissed and only watch half of a game if it gets ugly, but I never deliberately avoid watching any of their games - no matter how terrible they've been playing.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
What can I say, I'm a softie :laugh: Plus the CBJ are unpredictable. Either they show up and actually look like they did last season in their next game, or play the way they did in this one.

But no, I'm a loyal fan. I may get pissed and only watch half of a game if it gets ugly, but I never deliberately avoid watching any of their games - no matter how terrible they've been playing.

So...are you tickets still for sale?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad