GDT: Game 45 @ Chicago 5:30pm. #31 vs #32

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Shoot outs are more stupid though.

We just saw the 2 worst teams in the league go to a 9-round shootout. That should've been a tie in all fairness. Neither team deserved to get a win.
Shoot outs are a gimmick but they could be entertaining if the players were more willing to hot dog it a bit more.

I would institute a backcourt violation during 3v3 OT to stop teams from resetting. I promise they will end without a so more often.

Though, I would also get rid of offsides entirely as well. The game needs some changes.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'm not complaining either since we want the best odds of the top pick, but its dumb for the sport in general lol.
I don't believe there's a good way to end tie games in the regular season for hockey. Ties are not entertaining. Shootouts at least have a chance to be entertaining. And we can't just have endless overtime. Shootouts are just the least bad option to me. I'd be alright with extending 3 on 3 overtime but even that is becoming a tired gimmick to end games too.

Reactions: Shark Finn

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Institute the Manfred Man rule - one player on each team is allowed to start in the offensive zone and is not subject to offsides, but is not allowed to leave it for any reason.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Institute the Manfred Man rule - one player on each team is allowed to start in the offensive zone and is not subject to offsides, but is not allowed to leave it for any reason.
I would rather no going back over the center ice line with the puck, as soon as you do its an automatic puck loss to the other team at center ice.

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
I would rather no going back over the center ice line with the puck, as soon as you do its an automatic puck loss to the other team at center ice.
This is great in theory but in practice it would completely disrupt the flow of the game. The game has always had face offs and never just given possession to a team.

One idea I thought of was implementing a rule where every player only can get one shift in OT. This would force coaches to be strategic with how players are deployed. With 18 skaters it would average to less than a minute per shift if equal.

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
I kinda wanted to see Blackwood fight Zach Sanford. I mean, Sanford knocked Blackwood's helmet off on a shootout attempt... That whole game was not entertaining at all. At least a fight during the shootout would have livened things up a bit.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I kinda wanted to see Blackwood fight Zach Sanford. I mean, Sanford knocked Blackwood's helmet off on a shootout attempt... That whole game was not entertaining at all. At least a fight during the shootout would have livened things up a bit.

I enjoyed Thrun's plays and I pay attention to him alot. He didn't get a chance to play PP where his passing would definitely help (I guess it's for the better to have Ferraro on the PP bc we're tanking). Thrun also keeps play going in the o-zone. I like him, he reminds me of myself (I'm a highly-intelligent beer league d-man myself however Thrun is not beer league lol).

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
I enjoyed Thrun's plays and I pay attention to him alot. He didn't get a chance to play PP where his passing would definitely help (I guess it's for the better to have Ferraro on the PP bc we're tanking). Thrun also keeps play going in the o-zone. I like him, he reminds me of myself (I'm a highly-intelligent beer league d-man myself however Thrun is not beer league lol).
It's tough to judge one player in this sea of suckage tho. I was sooo hoping Thrun would score on his shoot out attempt. Mrazek got that Inspector Gadget poke check going in the shootout tho.

Reactions: Sandisfan

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
I like him, he reminds me of myself (I'm a highly-intelligent beer league d-man myself however Thrun is not beer league lol).
I, too, am a highly intelligent beer league d-man, and I'll add one more parallel to Thrun: lots of people on this message board think I'm overrated and probably don't belong.

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
They both deserve it. Addison's been making mistake after mistake, and Duclair...it feels like he hasn't realized that he needs to reinvent himself to stay in the league.
Agreed, guess he’s proving he really wants to
Stay in San Jose by making himself untradeable at the deadline

• Wow
Reactions: Shark Finn

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I, too, am a highly intelligent beer league d-man, and I'll add one more parallel to Thrun: lots of people on this message board think I'm overrated and probably don't belong.

This is why if I was a player I would never read these message boards. Avoid the noise. However, we know Logan reads these boards lol.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
You’re beer league Henry Thrun? Pssh, I’ll one-up you, I’m Will Smith if he was barely 100lbs and played in a mediocre women’s league and had wingers who can’t finish for shit.

Sendhelplease

Dec 21, 2020
I am the greatest beer league hockey player ever. Imagine Gretzky combined with Ovenchkin, Orr, Pronger, and Hasek. I am the perfect hockey player.

I have never played hockey before

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad