Post-Game Talk: GAME 45 - Bruins are now 14-0-0 vs the Metro - BRUINS 3 NYR 1 - Amazing

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Especially after what happened the last time they had an off day in Toronto.

Ha. He who shall not be mentioned signing distraction.
I had actually forgotten all about that.

Very well said. Former NHL captain, seasoned veteran. Last guy to congratulate the goalies, Foligno and Bergy then both do the spin move to each other as Foligno leaves the ice. Likely a result of whatever magic is going on in the room, in practice, and in games. It works.
There’s something very different on that team this year.

I’d love to know what the catalyst was/is.

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Is this team really "peaking" though? There are still plenty of times where they play sloppy, or without a ton of emotion, and still they win. It's a testament to the leadership the locker room has, and the play of pretty much everyone on the roster.
I think “peaking” isn’t the right word.

There are a few factors at play this season, and these are the most visible:

*New coach favoring a more offensive system.

*A viable second line, and David Pastranak on it.

*Taylor Hall on the third line.

*Excellent play from Hampus Lindholm.

*OUTSTANDING PLAY FROM BOTH GOALTENDERS.

There are other reasons the Bruins are playing at such a high level, but the ones I listed come to mind right away. I think talent and line construction don’t “peak,” but rather find their level. Emotions peak. Yes, hockey is an emotional sport, like many others, but the talent and coaching of this team will remain consistent throughout the season. This Bruins team will go as far as their health and talent can take them. If we look at this analytically, (taking emotion out of the equation) there is no reason except for injury that the Bruins would have any major drop off.

I feel very confident we’ll all be posting here in June.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Is this team really "peaking" though? There are still plenty of times where they play sloppy, or without a ton of emotion, and still they win. It's a testament to the leadership the locker room has, and the play of pretty much everyone on the roster.
The depth on the team is just too much to over come for opponents. As someone already said, two top ten goalies , two number 1 lines, a 3rd line good as most 2nd lines and a very very good 4th. Two number 1 D. Taylor hall is on the 3rd line, that is depth. If one line has a bad game the other three cover for them.

I had actually forgotten all about that.

There’s something very different on that team this year.

I’d love to know what the catalyst was/is.
I'm guessing it comes down to two words, Bruce Cassidy.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I think “peaking” isn’t the right word.

There are a few factors at play this season, and these are the most visible:

*New coach favoring a more offensive system.

*A viable second line, and David Pastranak on it.

*Taylor Hall on the third line.

*Excellent play from Hampus Lindholm.

*OUTSTANDING PLAY FROM BOTH GOALTENDERS.

There are other reasons the Bruins are playing at such a high level, but the ones I listed come to mind right away. I think talent and line construction don’t “peak,” but rather find their level. Emotions peak. Yes, hockey is an emotional sport, like many others, but the talent and coaching of this team will remain consistent throughout the season. This Bruins team will go as far as their health and talent can take them. If we look at this analytically, (taking emotion out of the equation) there is no reason except for injury that the Bruins would have any major drop off.

I feel very confident we’ll all be posting here in June.

Lindholm really carried the team (along with Ullmark) early on when Grizz, Marchand and McAvoy were out.

Pasta's had a career year so far.

Additions of Zacha and Krejci, rebirth of healthy Foligno, Lindholm for the whole season have improved the lineup greatly.

Coaching and Ullmark probably the biggest reasons for the crazy turnaround.

There will be posting in June, one way or the other.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
They have a system. It's been working.

Most of those penalties have been crap. But hey, knowing this info will go a long way with other fandoms who think we never get called for anything 🫡🤣
I do not know how many misconduct there but still a bit to kill there .Amazed #1in PK.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
On another coaching note, as if the Canucks organization wasn’t already easy enough to hate, what they are doing to Boudreau these days is downright disgusting.
I see no rhyme or reason to embarrass the man in public. It’s not like he took a good team and ran it into the ground. That team had issues long before he arrived. As you said, just one more reason to dislike the organization.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
In 1998 I had one glorious season of softball where I wanted the ball hit to me, every inning of every game.

I played a flawless LCF and made about 50% of the diving catches I’ve ever made in my life that season.

I literally sped to each game because I was so excited to play.

We played 16 RS games and 7 playoff games and it was over.

The entire Bruins team has been feeling this way for almost 4 months now, with no sign of letting up!

Amazing!
i wanted every ball hit to me in softball. i played 3rd base. then i played a game drunk and got a missle one hopper to the nuts. The confidence was gone.lol

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
i wanted every ball hit to me in softball. i played 3rd base. then i played a game drunk and got a missle one hopper to the nuts. The confidence was gone.lol

5 years ago at 47, I wanted to play a real game with my daughter. There was a co-Ed charity tourney for a friends daughter who had cancer.

I put a team in with a bunch of co-workers, my daughter and a couple of her HS teammates.

This is slow pitch, of course.

I‘m pitching.

This 25 year old monster hits a line drive back at me that literally nicked my left ear. If my head were 4 inches to the left, I wouldn’t be typing this right now.

I didn‘t get my glove above my waist before the ball got to the outfield.

Scary!

lol

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
5 years ago at 47, I wanted to play a real game with my daughter. There was a co-Ed charity tourney for a friends daughter who had cancer.

I put a team in with a bunch of co-workers, my daughter and a couple of her HS teammates.

I‘m pitching.

This 25 year old monster hits a line drive back at me that literally nicked my left ear. If my head were 4 inches to the left, I wouldn’t be typing this right now.

Scary!

lol
yeah. pitching is no joke. my buddy wore a facemask when he pitched.

Reactions: sarge88

mg08

May 30, 2013
Enola, Pa

I‘m pitching.

Scary!

lol
The smarter leagues and tourneys use limited flight balls and disallow certain bats to prevent that stuff as much as they can.
Of course the bat manufactures won’t quit making the next-greatest long distance product. I’ve seen a lot of bad results in competitive softball.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
The smarter leagues and tourneys use limited flight balls and disallow certain bats to prevent that stuff as much as they can.
Of course the bat manufactures won’t quit making the next-greatest long distance product. I’ve seen a lot of bad results in competitive softball.

Problem was that this was a charity tourney, so all bets were off in regard to that stuff.
lol

Reactions: mg08

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
'He needs to be one of the drivers': Golden Knights' Cassidy calls out Eichel's play

I see Cassidy is still calling out players. Nice reminder of how happy I am that we have Monty.
I’ve been taught in a couple of supervisory courses that you should always praise publicly, and ‘correct’ privately. Even Bill Belichick knows that. When was the last time you heard Bill really hang someone out to dry publicly the way Bruce does so often?

Thank God that Bruce isn’t in the military, public safety, or construction where he might be expected to put his life in someone else’s hands. It’s obvious to me he’s never had to, because if he ever had, he would understand the true meaning of trust and loyalty.

I pity that man. :(

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Not that I wouldn't mind reducing penalty minutes, but does that 475 include Fighting Majors, Game Misconducts, and matching minors?

Yea I would need to look that up a bit closer.There is smarter people here then me maybe one could do it .I hate that part 😆

Looking simply at shorthanded time on ice per game, the Bruins rank 1st (or last) - spending an average of 6:04 per game on the kill.

The Bruins rank 5th most in times shorthanded per game: 3.58

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I'm not one to blame the refs but I do believe game management still goes on, despite the incident with Tim Peel.

This year's Bruins team is not dirty; but they have a record that halfway through the season looks like a typo. They are winning bunches of games and playing with leads - a lot.

Many times I've scratched my head seeing a Bruin headed to the box. I sensed it was game management, the PK is solid, so right now it's no big deal.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
PT Gal that trains me at gym took liner in face and had have surgery Bit of filler and makeup and hot again.The girl could stop a clock plus my heart 😆

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I'm not one to blame the refs but I do believe game management still goes on, despite the incident with Tim Peel.

This year's Bruins team is not dirty; but they have a record that halfway through the season looks like a typo. They are winning bunches of games and playing with leads - a lot.

Many times I've scratched my head seeing a Bruin headed to the box. I sensed it was game management, the PK is solid, so right now it's no big deal.
I’m not one to blame the refs, either, but I absolutely believe “Game Management” goes on. One thousand percent.

I can’t watch the NBA anymore because I believe the referees deliberately influenced the outcome of Game 7 of the 2010 Finals. I’ve tried to watch, but I can’t. I just don’t believe those games are played on a level playing field.

I also believe Game Management cost the Bruins the 2019 Stanley Cup. I stopped watching hockey for a while (most of the 2020 season) and I even stopped posting here, but my love of the Bruins and the game of hockey was too strong, so I came back.

I really wish the New York Times would do some kind of investigation into the way pro sports leagues officiate their games. If Game Management costs the Bruins the Stanley Cup this year, I might never come back.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I’m not one to blame the refs, either, but I absolutely believe “Game Management” goes on. One thousand percent.

I can’t watch the NBA anymore because I believe the referees deliberately influenced the outcome of Game 7 of the 2010 Finals. I’ve tried to watch, but I can’t. I just don’t believe those games are played on a level playing field.

I also believe Game Management cost the Bruins the 2019 Stanley Cup. I stopped watching hockey for a while (most of the 2020 season) and I even stopped posting here, but my love of the Bruins and the game of hockey was too strong, so I came back.

I really wish the New York Times would do some kind of investigation into the way pro sports leagues officiate their games. If Game Management costs the Bruins the Stanley Cup this year, I might never come back.
100% scores dictate arms going up in hockey .I am always yelling at refs when close enough to hear me.My biggest peeve is refs talking to players saying things like move the puck or let him go etc.Ref the game make the calls don't tell them how to play.

Last edited:
Reactions: rfournier103

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad