Post-Game Talk: GAME 45 - Bruins are now 14-0-0 vs the Metro - BRUINS 3 NYR 1 - Amazing

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Any chance Foligno can extract himself from the goalie celebrations
They have a system. It's been working.

Was bored so checked a couple numbers .Boston has taken 475 penalty minutes in 45 games.Thats 10.5 mins per game. Might want to try and clean that up a bit but in this powerplay age it could be hard.

Most of those penalties have been crap. But hey, knowing this info will go a long way with other fandoms who think we never get called for anything 🫡🤣

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Swayman outplayed the reigning Vezina winner, justifying Montgomery's trust starting him against the better New York team.

Smith and Greer are working hard and creating. If there is an upgrade at the TDL one of them is likely demoted/traded; but they are giving it their all.

And if depth is a concern they could play sniper Connor Clifton at right wing. ;) I thought no way he beats Shesterkin, then he did.

Valiant effort with the team gassed in the third; they played effective, boring road hockey and secured the win.

If Carlo is banged up, getting Zboril reps against the weaker Sharks isn't a concern. But how strange was it that Carlo had to walk through the fans at MSG to get to the locker room?

In a season where everything that could go right has, I do worry a little about peaking too soon. This fairy tale can't possibly continue through mid-June, can it?
Is this team really "peaking" though? There are still plenty of times where they play sloppy, or without a ton of emotion, and still they win. It's a testament to the leadership the locker room has, and the play of pretty much everyone on the roster.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I just went to cruise the Rags' game threads....their post game thread is called:

small penised poodle in a park of Dobermans​

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
I pieced through their GDT, and they are a really downtrodden fan base.

I’d still move him because I don’t think he is the right guy for that 4th line when the team is healthy.
Who do you think is the right kind of guy for the 4th line? Not disagreeing with you, just curious for your point of view.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I pieced through their GDT, and they are a really downtrodden fan base.

Who do you think is the right kind of guy for the 4th line? Not disagreeing with you, just curious for your point of view.

My original answer was someone with a little bit of puck carrying ability so that line can get in on the cycle and wear teams down more consistently. Think what Marcus Johansson did for Charlie Coyle... but now I am drunk on Toews fantasies.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Is this team really "peaking" though? There are still plenty of times where they play sloppy, or without a ton of emotion, and still they win. It's a testament to the leadership the locker room has, and the play of pretty much everyone on the roster.
I agree, and even mentioned several games back they could've hit their mid season slump but are still finding ways to win.

Obviously having two virtuosos playing goalie helps; and I've wondered if that can continue night after night against playoff teams. I'm not an advanced stats guru, but the stats people have posted indicate they aren't just winning because of their goaltending; they really are this good.

On a personal note, I think I'm just trying to keep my expectations in check. I've seen teams have brilliant regular seasons that fizzled come playoffs - the undefeated Patriots, the 2019 Lightning, the 2022 Dodgers.

Reactions: sooshii and BMC

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
In 1998 I had one glorious season of softball where I wanted the ball hit to me, every inning of every game.

I played a flawless LCF and made about 50% of the diving catches I’ve ever made in my life that season.

I literally sped to each game because I was so excited to play.

We played 16 RS games and 7 playoff games and it was over.

The entire Bruins team has been feeling this way for almost 4 months now, with no sign of letting up!

Amazing!

mrjiggyfly

Jun 1, 2011
Las Vegas, NV

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad