GDT: Game 45 - Avs @ Habs 5 PM - We Can't Lose Forever, Right? Yes We Can...

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Those three bums stink. Andrighetto is trash, he needs to go. He provides nothing to this team in a bottom-6 role.

I don't know if I can take anymore of this. I can't watch this team continue to piss away amazing seasons from MacKinnon, Rantanen, and Landeskog.
Think we can somehow pry Khaira out of Edmonton from Chia for Sven? I would love that guy in the bottom 6 lol.

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013
Yeah, aside from the top line there's way too many redundant mediocre players that don't really provide anything. Not good offensively, not good defensively - just plugs.
We need a proper 2nd and 4th line.

Mules

Jan 28, 2004
I have not post for awhile.. but I am leaning towards problem in chemistry that causing Avs falling apart . It seems that this year is not as tight as last year. Could there be locker room issue?

Secondly I found it interesting that in the Sakic era, Avs played their best in January. Post Sakic era, this is the time they start to unravel and fall apart.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Those three bums stink. Andrighetto is trash, he needs to go. He provides nothing to this team in a bottom-6 role.

I don't know if I can take anymore of this. I can't watch this team continue to piss away amazing seasons from MacKinnon, Rantanen, and Landeskog.
MacKinnon and Rantanen are 22/23. They are not terminally ill from what I've heard. Colorado isn't pissing away anything.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
The one thing about this season that is similiar to that 16-17 season is im beginning to not look forward to Avs games. I think im gonna start recording them and watching only if they win until they start looking like a hockey team again. Planning my nights around watching them play live is starting to become a waste.
This is 16-17 all over again. I want them to win. Even thought they would today. But honestly I expect them to lose every night. They basically do. This team flat out sucks.

Tike Myson

Jan 1, 2019
USA
E6FD2034-DFB1-4FB4-9690-D575C6E15D06.jpeg

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I have not post for awhile.. but I am leaning towards problem in chemistry that causing Avs falling apart . It seems that this year is not as tight as last year. Could there be locker room issue?

Secondly I found it interesting that in the Sakic era, Avs played their best in January. Post Sakic era, this is the time they start to unravel and fall apart.
I dont think its a locker room thing. We had a pretty damn good start to the season and I dont think if you asked anyone in October that they would have foreseen this sort of slide. I think its a roster issue a gameplan issue and of late a goaltending issue.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
At this point I don't think you can underestimate how badly some of these guys might be in their own heads either. I'm sure 2016/17 is still in the minds of some, especially the leaders. There are a bunch of young guys on the team. The other vets aren't good enough to make any difference. I can see losing just building up and becoming a self-repeating loop mentally and being a big factor in the disorganized, individualistic sloppy mess on the ice. It's why I think they need a shake-up this year.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Anyone hoping for a change of any kind might as well forget it. No one in that locker room gives a shit that they are stinking up the joint.

Want proof just listen to the post game interviews. There is no urgency, no we need to change this now attitude. Hell Cole was even kind of joking around in his interview with Lauren. Landeskog was just in whatever more just giving the standard responses. Coach gave some cliche answers with no fire or seemingly no care we lost the vast majority of our games since November.

Just one it would be nice to see someone actually say something like we are f***ing terrible right now. Our what we are doing isn't acceptable. Show some f***ing fire, start acting like you actually want to get better and fix things and actually win a game here and there.

So sick of this team and it's supposed leaders right now they just aren't getting it done, period.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Anyone hoping for a change of any kind might as well forget it. No one in that locker room gives a **** that they are stinking up the joint.

Want proof just listen to the post game interviews. There is no urgency, no we need to change this now attitude. Hell Cole was even kind of joking around in his interview with Lauren. Landeskog was just in whatever more just giving the standard responses. Coach gave some cliche answers with no fire or seemingly no care we lost the vast majority of our games since November.

Just one it would be nice to see someone actually say something like we are ****ing terrible right now. Our what we are doing isn't acceptable. Show some ****ing fire, start acting like you actually want to get better and fix things and actually win a game here and there.

So sick of this team and it's supposed leaders right now they just aren't getting it done, period.

I thought we were beyond questioning how much Landeskog cares...man. Don't know where to start with that. Also not sure where to start with the leaders not caring when MacKinnon threw a rage-fit on the bench last game because they were losing and the frustration that's built up.

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
Locker room wrap with Bednar.. not sure if I was watching his Zen coaching style or a Zoloft commercial.

In days of yore, the wonderfully entertaining Denver Nuggets of the 80s coached by Doug Moe... indelible was Moe's constant to his players. Compete. Imperative, vital... to have the highest compete level.

Compete is not a term I would associate with this Avs team. They do not have a high compete level. Not even close. They have a high frenetic level. A predictable frenzy. But compete? No. This is absolutely something influenced by coaching. I find Bednar remarkably deficit when it comes to this characteristic.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I'm just getting tired of the whole let's let the young kids grow. How long have we been hearing that with this team?

I dont think Jost, Compher, Kerfoot are ever gonna grow into top 6 forwards which makes this a winning team, so who are they letting grow exactly?

I get it with someone like Girard maybe since young d-men take a while to develop, but for those forwards I mention, I think Compher is the one who can be a solid 3rd line player for this team.

Fixing this team needs to involve lots of luck this upcoming draft, they need Hughes or Kakko, and Sakic needs to get busy. This team isnt gonna fix its self, gotta draft good and make trades and be aggressive.

Dont do anything this season, just ride it out because making trade deadline deals wont help much this year, and it might turn out to be just rental deals and the team losing assets. I think this season is a lost cause.

Reactions: Iceberg

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Only thing I want to say is I think Jost is playing much better lately, and that I blame Rantanen for the first goal.

The shot had no business going in, but he knew damn well the puck was off-side before he touched it (as a result, face-off ended up in Colorado's zone). He does stupid things like that 1-2 times a game, it feels like.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Anyone hoping for a change of any kind might as well forget it. No one in that locker room gives a **** that they are stinking up the joint.

Just one it would be nice to see someone actually say something like we are ****ing terrible right now. Our what we are doing isn't acceptable. Show some ****ing fire, start acting like you actually want to get better and fix things and actually win a game here and there.

Yup I hate this team. I mean I’m a fan but I really hate the makeup of whatever Sakic is trying to do. Watching them is literally a waste of time. Outside the top line, blow it up and restart.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I thought we were beyond questioning how much Landeskog cares...man. Don't know where to start with that. Also not sure where to start with the leaders not caring when MacKinnon threw a rage-fit on the bench last game because they were losing and the frustration that's built up.
I didn't say it was just Landy it's all the big guys all the high paid guys are sucking it up and not winning. At the end if the day it doesn't matter how much you care, it matters if you get results or you don't. Our core guys who have been virtually the same for the past 4-5 years don't get results. One fluke playoff year doesn't change this. It's basically the same story every year and I'm sick and tired of watching us be a mediocre team that kind of goes through the motions most of the time.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
I didn't say it was just Landy it's all the big guys all the high paid guys are sucking it up and not winning. At the end if the day it doesn't matter how much you care, it matters if you get results or you don't. Our core guys who have been virtually the same for the past 4-5 years don't get results. One fluke playoff year doesn't change this. It's basically the same story every year and I'm sick and tired of watching us be a mediocre team that kind of goes through the motions most of the time.

All respect, I think you're out to lunch on this one. Our core guys - the top line - have dragged this team around the last 1.5 years. The only reason they weren't bottom 5 last season and bottom 5 right now are due to their efforts. I largely blame the pieces who aren't here for the Avs' struggles, not the ones who are here. In other words, I blame management for doing next to nothing this offseason and failing to address crucial and easily obvious holes in the team. I don't think it's reasonable to expect the core of this team to do much more - this losing streak aside, where except for tonight the top line has still been fantastic - given the miserable supporting cast around them. If I had to direct blame for the mediocrity in this organization right now the top line in particular are the last three individuals in the entire organization -- including management, coaching, scouting, and every other single player, who I'd blame.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
There's been a lot of these games where Avs are in it until the third period and then it gets away from them late. It's not like they're getting dummied. Just not getting the timely goal or save in third periods.

Reactions: nightonthesun

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
All respect, I think you're out to lunch on this one. Our core guys - the top line - have dragged this team around the last 1.5 years. The only reason they weren't bottom 5 last season and bottom 5 right now are due to their efforts. I largely blame the pieces who aren't here for the Avs' struggles, not the ones who are here. In other words, I blame management for doing next to nothing this offseason and failing to address crucial and easily obvious holes in the team. I don't think it's reasonable to expect the core of this team to do much more - this losing streak aside, where except for tonight the top line has still been fantastic - given the miserable supporting cast around them. If I had to direct blame for the mediocrity in this organization right now the top line in particular are the last three individuals in the entire organization -- including management, coaching, scouting, and every other single player, who I'd blame.
I don't disagree but at the end is the day, players have to work with what they've got and the top guys have to figure out a way to get better results.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad