GDT: Game 44: Pickard and Choose | Avalanche @ Hawks | 1/10/2016 | 6 PM CT | WGN, ALT

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Hey Dallas... better watch out!

Awhile ago I thought there was zero chance of catching Dallas's spot at first in the Central.

I figured they would start to fizzle at one time or another, too much parity in this league. Wouldn't surprise me if the Caps do the same.

It's a long season.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I have a friend who is a season ticket holder offer me a couple tickets but the little lady wouldn't go. Not that she needs to. Just that they are pricey and the temp will be cold prolly. I was originally gonna go but I totally wimped out.

Yeah, certainly understandable.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
On another note, confirmed Panarin is Kane's Russian mail order bride. They complete each other, clearly. And good to see Tic Tac Toes pick up his game recently.

Cyber

Dec 31, 2014
Great game.

The only complaint I have (very minor) is the Mashinter didn't confront the Avs player who crosschecked TT to the ice for no reason. Why is he on the roster?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Great game.

The only complaint I have (very minor) is the Mashinter didn't confront the Avs player who crosschecked TT to the ice for no reason. Why is he on the roster?

He wasn't on the ice with TT was he?

And he's barely on the ice at all.

Given how late in the game the hit was, the chances of Mashinter being on the ice with the guy was pretty small, unless Q specifically put him out there.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
He wasn't on the ice with TT was he?

And he's barely on the ice at all.

Given how late in the game the hit was, the chances of Mashinter being on the ice with the guy was pretty small, unless Q specifically put him out there.

I think he was talking next shift Mashinter was out agains Blake C.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
I think he was talking next shift Mashinter was out agains Blake C.

Ah, fair enough then.

But you guys know me, I think 'why is Mashinter in the lineup' is a question that can and should be asked regardless of what extracurriculars do or do not happen in the game. :laugh::laugh:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Ah, fair enough then.

But you guys know me, I think 'why is Mashinter in the lineup' is a question that can and should be asked regardless of what extracurriculars do or do not happen in the game. :laugh::laugh:

I agree but he was better than Bickell (who is clearly not right) and is a stop gap to Panik or the next flavor of the month 1LW.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Loved seeing Hoss with two goals. Hopefully he can build upon it a bit.

Gus has only played 13 games for us, and in that time he has 6 assists and is a plus 11 (only Toews and Kane have a better +/- ratio). He's outplayed TVR and is making a very good case for himself for the future of this franchise.

Chris Hansen

THESE LEGS ARE FRESH
Aug 17, 2007
Yah y'know boys, Masher's just in there to give 'em some grit, some toughness, some get-it-together go go go, y'know? Gotta get pucks in deep, pucks on net, put pressure on the defensemen and make 'em think twice, yah? Gotta make the other team think a bit, put a little something on their minds. Pucks on net. Masher offers a little bit of that grit, y'know? None of that smarmy soft stuff in here! Get that out of the kitchen! Shots on Tuukka. Gotta get pucks on net and Masher did just that last night. Netfront presence. Big body, y'know? Pucks in deep. Make their defensemen turn, put some hits on 'em, wear 'em down, y'know? Gotta get netfront presence in deep on net. Y'know boys, that's just the way she goes. Grit and pucks on net. Gotta get shots on their defensemen. Masher offers a lot to this team, I liked his game, real solid, good with the puck, gets shots in deep and pucks on defensemen, y'know? Yah, he's a solid presence in front of the net, strong on the boards, gets some grit in the corners, real sloppy hockey, I like that, pucks, deep Tuukka. Pucks pucks pucks

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Great game.

would have been nice to Mashinter stand up for his teammates like Toews does....perhaps JT told everyone else that was exclusively his role this year....LOL

in any case after all the roster moves etc that happen this season I think that Mashinter will be up with the big club and stay for the duration of the year....at least we can hope he does over Bickell.....

but lets face it Mashinter does not make very many mistakes, he does play hard and he is MUCH better out there than Bickell and the real kicker is Q likes Mashinter so I think we should get used to him.....

having said that I hope he is in the press box more often than not.....

When the F is Panik getting to Chicago?

I want to see what he has... before Stan trades for Hudler:sarcasm::yo:

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Loved seeing Hoss with two goals. Hopefully he can build upon it a bit.

Gus has only played 13 games for us, and in that time he has 6 assists and is a plus 11 (only Toews and Kane have a better +/- ratio). He's outplayed TVR and is making a very good case for himself for the future of this franchise.

yes Gus has already cemented his top 4 role and IMO that is good for the hawks so that TVR can get back to what he is a 5-6 man....

Can't wait for the D next year with Pokka

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Yah y'know boys, Masher's just in there to give 'em some grit, some toughness, some get-it-together go go go, y'know? Gotta get pucks in deep, pucks on net, put pressure on the defensemen and make 'em think twice, yah? Gotta make the other team think a bit, put a little something on their minds. Pucks on net. Masher offers a little bit of that grit, y'know? None of that smarmy soft stuff in here! Get that out of the kitchen! Shots on Tuukka. Gotta get pucks on net and Masher did just that last night. Netfront presence. Big body, y'know? Pucks in deep. Make their defensemen turn, put some hits on 'em, wear 'em down, y'know? Gotta get netfront presence in deep on net. Y'know boys, that's just the way she goes. Grit and pucks on net. Gotta get shots on their defensemen. Masher offers a lot to this team, I liked his game, real solid, good with the puck, gets shots in deep and pucks on defensemen, y'know? Yah, he's a solid presence in front of the net, strong on the boards, gets some grit in the corners, real sloppy hockey, I like that, pucks, deep Tuukka. Pucks pucks pucks

:laugh:

I just spat out my beer laughing.

Thanks, Cherry

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Assuming your referring to Roy pulling his goalie when he did. Why the **** not?

From the early goalie change, to the pulling the goalie with over 10 minutes left, to pulling a troll job and putting the goalie back in so Hossa doesn't get a hatty.. he was as brilliant and entertaining as the game. :laugh:

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
This game is how I envisioned the Hawk team to play like for most of this year. A little loose defensively, but offensively strong and can strike at any time and from all 4 lines. Nice win.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
But...is the "explosion" finally from line #1 just a one'off flipping of the switch? Or will Hossa go back to being on the Schneid again? PWill Toews have the switch "on" or go back to meh /not interested pedestrian play at half-speed so no more rush goals with speed and shot coming down the wing? Will Shaw stay on the line and Panik instead be confined to the 4th? Hey we still are not a dominating team like Washington with their depth. .we still are lazy on some d-effort in our own zone but CC bails us out.
But at least we know the old flip the switch application still can be dialed up when needed ..and that means we have an extra gear when interested as so you can never discount our chances for another Cup if we stay healthy.

Marina

Mar 26, 2013
Florida
But...is the "explosion" finally from line #1 just a one'off flipping of the switch? Or will Hossa go back to being on the Schneid again? PWill Toews have the switch "on" or go back to meh /not interested pedestrian play at half-speed so no more rush goals with speed and shot coming down the wing? Will Shaw stay on the line and Panik instead be confined to the 4th? Hey we still are not a dominating team like Washington with their depth. .we still are lazy on some d-effort in our own zone but CC bails us out.
But at least we know the old flip the switch application still can be dialed up when needed ..and that means we have an extra gear when interested as so you can never discount our chances for another Cup if we stay healthy.

An almost positive post from Fiddy? :amazed:

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

I don't wish to be a debbie downer about Hossa finally hitting the scoreboard but he didn't exactly bury either of those opportunities that resulted in his 2 goals. Both shots were of the same rather weak variety that we have seen most of the season. They just happened to go in this time. Hopefully though, Hossa has taken a step toward regaining a semblance of confidence in his offensive game.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I don't wish to be a debbie downer about Hossa finally hitting the scoreboard but he didn't exactly bury either of those opportunities that resulted in his 2 goals. Both shots were of the same rather weak variety that we have seen most of the season. They just happened to go in this time. Hopefully though, Hossa has taken a step toward regaining a semblance of confidence in his offensive game.

I personally think he needs to tweak his curve to something that better allows him to elevate the puck. Small tweak but it could do wonders.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
The scary part is that we are not even playing up to what we could be doing. If the first line really gets going along with the 3rd line we could be terrifying to play against.

Exactly. Call me crazy, but with Kane and CC playing the best hockey of their careers, the addition of Panarin, Anisimov and now Danault, I think this team is the best Blackhawk team ever assembled. They should only get better as the year goes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad