GDT: Game 44: Pickard and Choose | Avalanche @ Hawks | 1/10/2016 | 6 PM CT | WGN, ALT

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFIP

I LOVE CRAWFORD!
Mar 6, 2011
Attention NHL, that object in the rear view mirror... yep "Here come the Hawks, the MIGHTY BLACKHAWKS!"

JustABlackhawksFan

Jun 2, 2015
Hey Dallas... better watch out!

Awhile ago I thought there was zero chance of catching Dallas's spot at first in the Central.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
great win

having Hossa get off the snide is imperative....I wonder if this might be what sparks him and Toews and whoever is on the left side after Shaw returns to the bottom six

looking forward to seeing what Panik can do, hope to see him soon too

this club is so much better with Gus and Danault on the roster

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
What if you chop off the 3rd? Only asking because I am too lazy to chop it on my phone.

Score Adjustment takes the score (and how teams with a big lead play vs teams chasing play) into account when calculating stats like possession.

So, in this case, if you to measure just straight-up possession with no adjustment accounting for score, you'd see that the Blackhawks had 57 5v5 events to Colorado's 44 5v5 events, which would give you possession of 56%.

When you add score adjustment, that possession score gets adjusted to 59.8% possession for the Blackhawks. (My number earlier was wrong, cause War-On-Ice was a bit behind as it was scraping the data from the game).

As for your question, through the first two periods the Blackhawks had 46 5v5 events to Colorado's 28, good for 62% possession.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Score Adjustment takes the score (and how teams with a big lead play vs teams chasing play) into account when calculating stats like possession.

So, in this case, if you to measure just straight-up possession with no adjustment accounting for score, you'd see that the Blackhawks had 57 5v5 events to Colorado's 44 5v5 events, which would give you possession of 56%.

When you add score adjustment, that possession score gets adjusted to 59.8% possession for the Blackhawks. (My number earlier was wrong, cause War-On-Ice was a bit behind as it was scraping the data from the game).

As for your question, through the first two periods the Blackhawks had 46 5v5 events to Colorado's 28, good for 62% possession.

Thanks. And solid explanation.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well...kind of disappointed how we played too just kill time in 5he third..l8ttle hustle by us to get to loose pucks and futile clear attempts plus lax defending g in our zone..That third Colorado goal by McKinnon was a gift because Kane gave such a walk waive attempt at checking while not competing hard to try to check by moving ...feeble attempt to check by him..guess he thought 2 goals by him was enough "work" for the night" CC bailed them out of danger too many times this evening g t9 say it was an overall "A" game by our team..Need to see better comittment to get to pucks especialky in our own end and to clear it properly. .So this was a game we scored but played some too lax competing 8n our own zone..D-zone face-offs also need to be a lot better..6-3 but flaws ...still flaws..Nice to see line #1 have a starry night for a change...makes a difference..And so if they multi-point plus the other lines contribute we should have big score games like this more often..But still no excuse for some of of our poor d-zone "efforts"...not a textbook domination game by us...they easily could have had 3 more goals too had CC not bailed us out...Keith was kind of meh and not leading us with great plan tonight...looked like he mailed it in...still our depth of scoring won this...Hopefully we get big scoring like this AND better defensive comittment...do that and then we truly can be dominant. . So while Q is happy with the win...still got a lot we need to do better ...especially without the puck ...
Grades:

Offensive effort : A-

Defensive effort C

CC gets a B+ because anytime you give up 3 you cannot claim.an A grade..but I fault him only for their 2nd goal for flopping and leaving an open net to shoot at
.and he made several.timely and key saves that bailed us out on.poir d-zone play by our guys
.so overall I give him a B+.

As I said 6 goal explosions are great ...but lack.of hustle and compete in our own zone takes away from any thought of domination..so a lot to improve on ..and Q will know this.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Well...kind of disappointed how we played too just kill time in 5he third..l8ttle hustle by us to get to loose pucks and futile clear attempts plus lax defending g in our zone..That third Colorado goal by McKinnon was a gift because Kane gave such a walk waive attempt at checking while not competing hard to try to check by moving ...feeble attempt to check by him..guess he thought 2 goals by him was enough "work" for the night" CC bailed them out of danger too many times this evening g t9 say it was an overall "A" game by our team..Need to see better comittment to get to pucks especialky in our own end and to clear it properly. .So this was a game we scored but played some too lax competing 8n our own zone..D-zone face-offs also need to be a lot better..6-3 but flaws ...still flaws..Nice to see line #1 have a starry night for a change...makes a difference..And so if they multi-point plus the other lines contribute we should have big score games like this more often..But still no excuse for some of of our poor d-zone "efforts"...not a textbook domination game by us...they easily could have had 3 more goals too had CC not bailed us out...Keith was kind of meh and not leading us with great plan tonight...looked like he mailed it in...still our depth of scoring won this...Hopefully we get big scoring like this AND better defensive comittment...do that and then we truly can be dominant. . So while Q is happy with the win...still got a lot we need to do better ...especially without the puck ...
Grades:

Offensive effort : A-

Defensive effort C

CC gets a B+ because anytime you give up 3 you cannot claim.an A grade..but I fault him only for their 2nd goal for flopping and leaving an open net to shoot at
.and he made several.timely and key saves that bailed us out on.poir d-zone play by our guys
.so overall I give him a B+.

As I said 6 goal explosions are great ...but lack.of hustle and compete in our own zone takes away from any thought of domination..so a lot to improve on ..and Q will know this.

This is 100% not true.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Well, the Hawks have no more than a day off between games and a couple back to backs this month. I have no problem with a little coasting when the game is n hand.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
This is 100% not true.

One could argue Crow looked bad on the 2nd, but the first and third goals were snipes that could only be stopped by luck (from the best of goalies). Those were absolute awesome shots that Corey had no chance on.

I don't mind giving up goals on those shots though Kane's laziness on the 3rd one was a little irritating to watch.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
One could argue Crow looked bad on the 2nd, but the first and third goals were snipes that could only be stopped by luck (from the best of goalies). Those were absolute awesome shots that Corey had no chance on.

I don't mind giving up goals on those shots though Kane's laziness on the 3rd one was a little irritating to watch.

I was talking more about not being able to give a goalie an A when they give up 3 goals. I agree on Crow's goals tonight.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I am considering it. I hope you bought 2nd bowl seats or higher up first bowl. The tickets are pricey and since it is Minnesota there is a good chance it will be single digits or negative out.....not really a fun way to watch a game..

I'm sure the game will be better on TV, but should be a fun atmosphere regardless. Hopefully Hawks fans travel well as usual. But I went to an outdoor game at Lambeau in 2006 and it was pretty frigid then. If comparable then it should be tolerable.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Yeah, it will be cold for sure. Just hoping for no silly massive snow storm or something that will add to travel time.

I have a friend who is a season ticket holder offer me a couple tickets but the little lady wouldn't go. Not that she needs to. Just that they are pricey and the temp will be cold prolly. I was originally gonna go but I totally wimped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad