GDT: Game 44: Columbus at New York Islanders | 1/12 7PM EST

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Must be mic placement, they are 29th out of 30 in attendance

Was more in reference to the yes chants after goals , fans singing with the organ player . Seems like a rowdy crowd . Refreshing to see . Thier uniforms however , are turrible

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Didn't get to watch (my first missed game in two years). Haven't seen the highlights yet either. How did Jones do? Anyone play well? Anyone play horrible?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Didn't get to watch (my first missed game in two years). Haven't seen the highlights yet either. How did Jones do? Anyone play well? Anyone play horrible?

Jones looked like he may need to simply his game defensively. Offensively, I think he's got the opportunity to be an impact player and we saw a glimpse of that tonight. Skated the puck out of the zone, gained the offensive zone and drove behind the net and started a nice little bit of maintained offense for awhile. But there was a play where he was back checking you would have liked to see him try to take his spot back from the forward who was covering for him, but instead acted as Hartnell and attacked the puck carrier on the other side of the ice and led to a chance for the islanders. Just small things he needs time to adjust to.

Other than that I thought Karlsson looked really good tonight. Really the whole youth line played amazing. Rychel had a breakaway he opted to rip a slapper on net. Which led to a few other chances.

KlichkoBro*

They should have just pulled the goalie off the opening faceoff and played with 6 skaters the entire game, wouldn't be much different

Colorado goalies TOI vs. Chicago on Sunday:

Varlamov 32:25, 4 goals against
Pickard 22:11, 2 goals against
Empty net 5:24, no goals against

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I thought Dubi was a beast tonight, and JJ had a few good plays and one great play to set up the Karlsson goal. Rychel and Anderson are playing like they're on fire. Forsberg didn't play well, but the team as a whole seemed unfocused. They're mailing it in.

Jones looked like he may need to simply his game defensively. Offensively, I think he's got the opportunity to be an impact player and we saw a glimpse of that tonight. Skated the puck out of the zone, gained the offensive zone and drove behind the net and started a nice little bit of maintained offense for awhile. But there was a play where he was back checking you would have liked to see him try to take his spot back from the forward who was covering for him, but instead acted as Hartnell and attacked the puck carrier on the other side of the ice and led to a chance for the islanders. Just small things he needs time to adjust to.

I think the only thing Jones needs to learn is which of his teammates he can trust to cover for him. If you've got Wennberg back there, then stay at rover. Jones is more effective that way. Hartnell covering? F no.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
What has happened to Hartnell, Jenner and Saad? Isn't that 3 games in a row now without a goal from any of them?

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Sadly, you guys might as well cut the talk about Mathews.

It is a known fact that not only can we not win hockey games, we also cannot win draft lotteries.

Doesn't matter how badly we suck, we will not win the top pick.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Sadly, you guys might as well cut the talk about Mathews.

It is a known fact that not only can we not win hockey games, we also cannot win draft lotteries.

Doesn't matter how badly we suck, we will not win the top pick.

Tell us more about your NHL insider draft knowledge :sarcasm:

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I am pretty sure its just a continuation of our bad luck and past history since that's the way it goes for us.

I know what he's getting at but, that's no way to live in anticipation of what might happen when this season is over. Positive thoughts people! ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad