GDT: Game 44: Columbus at New York Islanders | 1/12 7PM EST

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
I know what he's getting at but, that's no way to live in anticipation of what might happen when this season is over. Positive thoughts people! ;)

That train left the station a longtime ago.
Besides, you being optimistic feels weird lol.
My new season motto: Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Hey guys, was at the game and thought Jones was terrific. Didn't know how good he was in transition.

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH
Hey guys, was at the game and thought Jones was terrific. Didn't know how good he was in transition.

I thought he looked good offensively with breakouts and carrying the puck up the ice. But to this untrained eye, it looked like he and Murray struggled a bit with their defensive responsibilities and positioning. I assume this is a function of the lack of time together and Jones still figuring out the system here. Now that the play-offs are 99.9% out of the question, I look forward to watching this pairing develop through the rest of this lost season.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I thought he looked good offensively with breakouts and carrying the puck up the ice. But to this untrained eye, it looked like he and Murray struggled a bit with their defensive responsibilities and positioning. I assume this is a function of the lack of time together and Jones still figuring out the system here. Now that the play-offs are 99.9% out of the question, I look forward to watching this pairing develop through the rest of this lost season.
Some of that Jones has been doing all along. The rest is that Murray is a lot more active than Jackman. ;)

I'd long suspected that Jones' ability in transition was getting overlooked because OMFG JOSI, and so far that looks like the case. Cold comfort, tho, since we've been unable to actually DO anything with that - and he's already getting double- and triple-teamed on the way into the zone. It worked when Wennberg and Saad were there to support, at least, which gives me hope.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Some of that Jones has been doing all along. The rest is that Murray is a lot more active than Jackman. ;)

I'd long suspected that Jones' ability in transition was getting overlooked because OMFG JOSI, and so far that looks like the case. Cold comfort, tho, since we've been unable to actually DO anything with that - and he's already getting double- and triple-teamed on the way into the zone. It worked when Wennberg and Saad were there to support, at least, which gives me hope.

Jones does seem smart enough to just dump it in when he can't enter the offensive zone safely (either skate or pass). Some of our other players like to turn it over and start transition for the other team.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Jones does seem smart enough to just dump it in when he can't enter the offensive zone safely (either skate or pass). Some of our other players like to turn it over and start transition for the other team.
There is that. It used to be that every time we carried the puck into the zone with multiple opponents on the line I'd have an "oh crap" moment, occasionally followed by "oh, wait, it's Atkinson, we're good". Seems I'll have to add Jones to the list. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad