GDT: Game 44: Columbus at Minnesota | 1/19 8PM EST

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Here's an unpopular opinion: send him down. I agree he's been playing good all over the ice lately, and I'd still send him down. If Wennberg tops out as a low-scoring good-checking center, we will have failed in his development. We need him to get a scoring touch. A little inferior competition in the AHL is exactly what he needs.

Josh Anderson should be sent down too then under that criteria. He's shown he can play in the NHL, not looked out of place, but hasn't scored many points (In a smaller sample size). It would only be fair.

Until there's a better option (Anisimov, Jenner) I ain't sending either of them down. People are griping all of the time about 'upgrades' and here you have two instant upgrades (short term). I agree they need seasoning, but they're better than the other options currently.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Even though the Wild aren't very good, we played a very good road game.

We really need to figure out how to get more quality chances though.

thebus2288*

Great play by Wennberg. The kid is really improving.

I see what you did there and I like it. ;)

REAL clever...

Here's an unpopular opinion: send him down. I agree he's been playing good all over the ice lately, and I'd still send him down. If Wennberg tops out as a low-scoring good-checking center, we will have failed in his development. We need him to get a scoring touch. A little inferior competition in the AHL is exactly what he needs.

I think that's a pretty good assessment.

But I did not watch the game, I couldn't agree more based on the body of work. You hit it all on the head.

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
Wiz 1+2, not bad :thumbu:.
In memoriam 3+8 suspension and 500,000$ penalty. James settles the score with Wilds :laugh:

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com

Do you know how heartbroken Jody would be? I've never seen a bigger man crush before, you'd think Wennberg was jesus delivering the first sliced bread to Jody :laugh:

But yes, he's not going to learn his scoring touch in the NHL, let him dominate in the AHL and develop.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Do you know how heartbroken Jody would be? I've never seen a bigger man crush before, you'd think Wennberg was jesus delivering the first sliced bread to Jody :laugh:

But yes, he's not going to learn his scoring touch in the NHL, let him dominate in the AHL and develop.

Our TV team has gushed over rookies since it consisted of Dan and Steve. Not sure why you're objecting now.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
I haven't really heard Jody "gush" at all...

I'm not exactly sure if it's "gushing", but Wennberg can make a simple pass, or intercept a pass, force a turnover, etc and Jody will rave about how good his positioning was, and how smart he is for like 30 seconds.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
I have not heard gushing like Jody gives Wennberg

Is it possible that the kid's current value to the team is more evident to someone who has played the game? I suppose another possibility is that Jody has been intimidated by the front office to rave about Alexander. Maybe he needs Boll beside him to protect him from Jarmo's evil stare?

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
I'm not exactly sure if it's "gushing", but Wennberg can make a simple pass, or intercept a pass, force a turnover, etc and Jody will rave about how good his positioning was, and how smart he is for like 30 seconds.

If not longer. When he got a stick in the foot and fell, it was like he was battling 10 players on the ice and hooked by each one while fighting lions on his way to the net :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad