Dubnyk
Backstrom

Inactive
Dumba

Injured
Ballard, Falk, Granlund, Kuemper​

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Is someone getting activated from IR today? Sending Collins to Springfield leaves only 12 healthy forwards. Seems odd for a road trip. Especially given the injury history of the team this year.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Is someone getting activated from IR today? Sending Collins to Springfield leaves only 12 healthy forwards. Seems odd for a road trip. Especially given the injury history of the team this year.

I think Skille is close, if not ready to play in a pinch.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
What is the record for fewest posts in a GDT prior to puck drop?

Looks like this one is on track for top 10 :laugh:

Hooks

Jun 30, 2011
This should make some peeps happy.

Jeff Rimer ‏@jrimercbj
Judging by morning skate looks like #CBJ winger Boll will be healthy scratch vs #Wild 2nite. Jack Skille off IR will take his place.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Jeff Rimer ‏@jrimercbj
Judging by morning skate looks like #CBJ winger Boll will be healthy scratch vs #Wild 2nite. Jack Skille off IR will take his place.

Well, there it is

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Now who will be the resident whipping boy of the board?

A lot of posters are going to have to find a new scapegoat now.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio

Jeff Rimer ‏@jrimercbj

Hopefully this shuts everyone up for an evening....who is next up on the whipping boy chart? Tyutin is still my first

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
We should just remove anyone from the lineup that provides any hitting and toughness and then everyone will be happy and we'll win the cup. I think JK should be scouting Disney on Ice or the Ice Capades for his re-vamped 4th line, I hear the "Mickey" this year can really nail the triple sow cow

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
We should just remove anyone from the lineup that provides any hitting and toughness and then everyone will be happy and we'll win the cup. I think JK should be scouting Disney on Ice or the Ice Capades for his re-vamped 4th line, I hear the "Mickey" this year can really nail the triple sow cow

This stawman is so blatant, it's helping Dorthy get to Oz. We've been playing at least two of our tough guys (Boll, Tropp, and Prout) a night. That isn't changing tonight.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
This stawman is so blatant, it's helping Dorthy get to Oz. We've been playing at least two of our tough guys (Boll, Tropp, and Prout) a night. That isn't changing tonight.

I don't really consider Tropp a tough guy, I don't think anyone on the other team is going to see him in the lineup and be cautious..we'll see what happens, Boll hasn't played great so I'm open to changing things up a bit on certain nights depending on the toughness of the other team, but Minn has 10 guys with a fight this year and the ultimate cheap shot guy in Matt Cooke will be running around, so this isn't the game I would sit Boll, personally. And Winnipeg is just as tough as anyone in the league.

Time for Anderson to show us his fighting skills, Tropp will just get his jaw busted again.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I don't really consider Tropp a tough guy, I don't think anyone on the other team is going to see him in the lineup and be cautious..we'll see what happens, Boll hasn't played great so I'm open to changing things up a bit on certain nights depending on the toughness of the other team, but Minn has 10 guys with a fight this year and the ultimate cheap shot guy in Matt Cooke will be running around, so this isn't the game I would sit Boll, personally. And Winnipeg is just as tough as anyone in the league.

Time for Anderson to show us his fighting skills, Tropp will just get his jaw busted again.

If Cooke runs around and acts like an idiot then we have tropp, prout, Dubinsky, foligno, and even Calvert and skille have been in fights. Nobody is skating around the ice thinking "oh no, Jared boll is on the ice, I better not hit anyone." He's not exactly feared. And our other 'fighters' or guys that can fight actually know how to do other things other than hit and throw punches. Our team has plenty of grit without Boll.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
If Cooke runs around and acts like an idiot then we have tropp, prout, Dubinsky, foligno, and even Calvert and skille have been in fights. Nobody is skating around the ice thinking "oh no, Jared boll is on the ice, I better not hit anyone." He's not exactly feared. And our other 'fighters' or guys that can fight actually know how to do other things other than hit and throw punches. Our team has plenty of grit without Boll.

Do you want your skill players sitting in the box for half the period, or longer if they take an instigator penalty, or possibly breaking a hand or getting a concussion all to make sure our 4th line guy that plays 7 minutes a game has scored A goal this season?? Makes no sense against a team like Minn, Detroit and their band of Lady Bing candidates, yes. We'll see what happens...hope nobody gets hurt.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Do you want your skill players sitting in the box for half the period, or longer if they take an instigator penalty, or possibly breaking a hand or getting a concussion all to make sure our 4th line guy that plays 7 minutes a game has scored A goal this season?? Makes no sense against a team like Minn, Detroit and their band of Lady Bing candidates, yes. We'll see what happens...hope nobody gets hurt.

Our only real skill player is Johansen and maybe Foligno. I'm sure they'll be fine

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Our only real skill player is Johansen and maybe Foligno. I'm sure they'll be fine

Tropp has 0 goals and half as many assists as Boll, a worse +/- and isn't an effective fighter, and has only 38 hits compared to 78 for Boll. Has only taken 8 shots compared to 17 for Boll.

I understand Skille over Boll, but not Tropp.

Last edited:

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Gee, what will we do without Bolls bench warming. Dude might not even be AHL level, more ECHL level if youre talking actual hockey skills.

The way Minny's been playing, we must win this one. We cant return to being the Jackets, the cure for what ails ya.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Gee, what will we do without Bolls bench warming. Dude might not even be AHL level, more ECHL level if youre talking actual hockey skills.

The way Minny's been playing, we must win this one. We cant return to being the Jackets, the cure for what ails ya.

See guys, we CAN talk about Boll all night still! Grab some popcorn and pull up a chair! :yo:

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
So how many points will the fourth line get tonight?

Now that the 'human parachute' is in the press box, I fully expect a breakout night. Predicting Tropp with the Gordie Howe hat trick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad