GDT: Game 44: Columbus at Minnesota | 1/19 8PM EST

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Is it possible that the kid's current value to the team is more evident to someone who has played the game? I suppose another possibility is that Jody has been intimidated by the front office to rave about Alexander. Maybe he needs Boll beside him to protect him from Jarmo's evil stare?

I'll take the latter for 100 Alex :)

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Is it possible that the kid's current value to the team is more evident to someone who has played the game? I suppose another possibility is that Jody has been intimidated by the front office to rave about Alexander. Maybe he needs Boll beside him to protect him from Jarmo's evil stare?

YES !!

Seriously, it seems like Jeff and Jody got the memo....pimp Wenny, cause we like the kid. He's got potential, but the on air commentary is way over the top imo.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'm not exactly sure if it's "gushing", but Wennberg can make a simple pass, or intercept a pass, force a turnover, etc and Jody will rave about how good his positioning was, and how smart he is for like 30 seconds.

They're both on twitter, they know how Wennberg was much criticized by the fanbase when things weren't going well and when he wasn't scoring or getting points. That's probably why they 'gush'. Same reason why the Dispatch guys 'gush' over this whole Jared Boll saga with the fans turning on him for the most part.

Every player gets gushed about by Rimer and Jody. Go back and watch some old games if you have them, in particular the Philly game when Dubi came back. After Jenner scored a Powerplay goal Rimer said something along the lines of "And guess who started it all? DUBINSKY?" And Jody replied with "YEAH! DUBINSKY!" You can look for this in almost every player.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Lucas_gusher.jpg

B000EMK48W_1-181_Gushersvaluepackpackage.jpg

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
YES !!

Seriously, it seems like Jeff and Jody got the memo....pimp Wenny, cause we like the kid. He's got potential, but the on air commentary is way over the top imo.

Do you believe that their homerism is associated with just one player? Please. It's up and down the roster and extents to the coaching staff and front office.

They are bought and paid for by the CBJ. There isn't some strategy just for Winnberg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad