GDT: Game 44 - CBJ at ANA - 7 Dec, 10pm

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Well. That was a nice little start to the road trip. Now we have to do it again.

Projected lineup per bluejackets.com:
Projected Lineup
(Subject to change)

Gustav Nyquist - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Nathan Gerbe
Sonny Milano - Boone Jenner - Nick Foligno
Emil Bemstrom - Alexander Wennberg - Kevin Stenlund
Jakob Lilja - Riley Nash - Eric Robinson

Zach Werenski - Seth Jones
Vladislav Gavrikov - David Savard
Scott Harrington - Markus Nutivaara

Elvis Merzlikins
Matiss Kivlenieks

Scratches: Ryan MacInnis, Gabriel Carlsson, Joonas Korpisalo (injury)

Roster Report: It remains to be seen if Atkinson will be able to return; a roster move will have to be made to get him back on the active roster. Any lineup changes will be confirmed by Tortorella at a pregame presser.

No preview article on ducks.nhl.com (hardly shocking, as it's still early in the morning there).

Scoresheet links (they'll work later tonight):
Game Summary - overall team info
Event Summary - player-specific info

Highlights of the Ducks' last game (in which they successfully got Laviolette fired):

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Will kiv get a game, cam also maybe. would need to move korpi to ir

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
Just keep tacking on the points - they're oh-so-close to a WC spot.

Curious to see how Elvis does if he starts again, in a back-to-back. He's young, he can handle it.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
fun fact milano has a point all 3 games since he came back. gotta keep a streak going at all time.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Yeah 5am game! Whats nicer than get a cup if coffee and act like your jon, when you really watch CBJ!

This is going to rough game, under 24hours after the last one ended. Hard to say how this one will end. I guess 3-3 and Milano in overtime.

Reactions: Cowumbus

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Robinson has been quiet of late - would like to see him use that speed and create some opportunities.

Big game tonight, as I think the next two in San Jose and Vegas will be tough.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Will kiv get a game, cam also maybe. would need to move korpi to ir

Porty suggested that Kiv is just here as a placeholder if Elvis were to get hurt or pulled. If they wanted to give him a breather they'd recall VV and send Kiv down, and then when the game is over swap them again. But thats just his speculation.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Woke up sick today. So that's amazing.

Hoping to feel better by faceoff

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Porty suggested that Kiv is just here as a placeholder if Elvis were to get hurt or pulled. If they wanted to give him a breather they'd recall VV and send Kiv down, and then when the game is over swap them again. But thats just his speculation.
I think the same honestly but with the double game and the fact that VV isn't there yet might point toward him getting a game. but Elvis is young and fresh anyway he might just do 2 games, wouldn't surprise me

Reactions: Madifer

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
No....unless Elvis gets hurt, Kiv won’t get a start. If they want to sit Elvis, VV will get the call.
Which won’t happen until they get home. Nothing spells disaster more than flying a guy all the way to the west coast to make a start for his NHL debut with no opportunity to get settled in.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Im curious whether Elvis can manage B2B. I think Torts will ask him how he feels and whether he thinks he can manage it first and then make the decision. Torts has no reasons to let Elvis sit imo.

Doing occasional 2b2 games is requirement for any NHL goalie. So lets see what happens.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Agree , amazing what happens when you are forced to play your young skilled players , and give them more than checker minutes :popcorn:

So what you are saying is that Torts is still a bad coach whos guaranteed to be out soon (or you shave off your hair) but thanks to all those injuries hes now forced to play young players and look what happens.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
who do you root for in the car vs phi game
ari vs flo, van vs tbl, nyi vs njd, col vs nyr, vgk vs pit, mtl vs det too hope the best outcome for cbj tonight

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Amazing how Jarmo and the players can get criticism on this site and some players (ie: Wennberg) get non stop criticism.....deserved or not. But criticizing some of the personnel decisions/motivations of this particular genius coach seem to be strictly off limits.

Team has been playing some pretty amazing team hockey and Elvis has been really good after getting the net (we would still be waiting to see if he could play at all if Tort's hand wasn't forced into playing him).

I still think this is a mirage and I think they will level out at some point. But keep it up boys......you're proving me wrong.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Amazing how Jarmo and the players can get criticism on this site and some players (ie: Wennberg) get non stop criticism.....deserved or not. But criticizing some of the personnel decisions/motivations of this particular genius coach seem to be strictly off limits.

Team has been playing some pretty amazing team hockey and Elvis has been really good after getting the net (we would still be waiting to see if he could play at all if Tort's hand wasn't forced into playing him).

I still think this is a mirage and I think they will level out at some point. But keep it up boys......you're proving me wrong.
Generally agree with your post.....including Wennberg getting criticism whether deserved or not as I find he generally gets what he’s earned.

Reactions: The Bread Man

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad