Post-Game Talk: GAME #44 | Canucks 1 @ Stars 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
"Build from the net out."

That doesn't exactly excuse other players when they have games like the one tonight.

You get paid $6.1 million to finish your chances, you get paid $5 million to score goals, you get paid $4.5 to shut down your opponents, you get paid $4 million to make key saves. It doesn't matter who you are, you have to be accountable.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I agree with most who have said that we get into these momentum swings and seem to be down by a couple by the end of them. There are ways to slow down the game, and try to stop the momentum from the other team, but I never see it done. We can call a timeout, start a fight, or get tons of whistles. I see it happen to us a ton, when we get rolling, the next thing we know we are into a bunch of fights and whistles that disrupt our flow and allow the other team to climb back.

Obviously when you are down you have to take more offensive risks, and I understand that will oftentimes lead to goals against, but I am more referring to when the opposing team scores and then applies tons of pressure on us. We don't seem to have the pushback, so AV needs to call a timeout, one of our fourth liners needs to start something. What's the point of having players that can fight if they don't do it at the right times?

One of the problems IS AV. After calling a timeout tonight, which is a rarity in itself, all he did was stand there and stare into space. It seems so silly and, quite frankly, awkward. Why call a timeout if you're not going to stand there? I honestly wonder if it's awkward for the players.

goodluckchuck

Apr 22, 2012
i just wanted to point out the difference between 1040 and 980 ..

1040 - does NOT criticize the canucks at all. Oh typical canucks. we've seen this before. nothing to worry about. lack of goals does not matter. defense wins championships.

980 - completely throws AV in the bus. Critized his comments to the media. Especially AV's "can't explain it". They were like that's his job to explain why the team gave up in the third. He said when they're winning, AV says oh we played great .. this .. and that. Basically they are saying that the coaching wasn't up to par.

I switch back to 1040 - takes calls from fans. tells the fans they're wrong. the ship can be fixed. it's not too much of a problem. basically no criticism at all.

Also one last interesting bit i got from 1040 - apparently the GM and coach have lost the players confidence. One specific example they mentioned is how Kesler refused to play wing position, and that was it end of discussion. They said that GM MG has not been able to keep the team under his command, and that it's basically the inmates running the asylum.

I think there's certainly something going on in that locker room that they are not telling the fans about. Just recently there was that players meeting prior to third period. And then tonight they **** the bed again.

Dado

One specific example they mentioned is how Kesler refused to play wing position, and that was it end of discussion.

Is this speculation, or a known fact?

I would have huge problems with a player in a leadership role refusing to do what the staff asked.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

I would have huge problems with a player in a leadership role refusing to do what the staff asked.

this, I really hope that Kesler would be willing to move to wing if it made us a better team

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
i just wanted to point out the difference between 1040 and 980 ..

1040 - does NOT criticize the canucks at all. Oh typical canucks. we've seen this before. nothing to worry about. lack of goals does not matter. defense wins championships.

980 - completely throws AV in the bus. Critized his comments to the media. Especially AV's "can't explain it". They were like that's his job to explain why the team gave up in the third. He said when they're winning, AV says oh we played great .. this .. and that. Basically they are saying that the coaching wasn't up to par.

I switch back to 1040 - takes calls from fans. tells the fans they're wrong. the ship can be fixed. it's not too much of a problem. basically no criticism at all.

Also one last interesting bit i got from 1040 - apparently the GM and coach have lost the players confidence. One specific example they mentioned is how Kesler refused to play wing position, and that was it end of discussion. They said that GM MG has not been able to keep the team under his command, and that it's basically the inmates running the asylum.

I think there's certainly something going on in that locker room that they are not telling the fans about. Just recently there was that players meeting prior to third period. And then tonight they **** the bed again.

This concerns me greatly, because it falls in line with what Vigneault even admitted about hardly ever talking to the team and giving ownership of the dressing room to the players. It seems the players really do run the show and it explains the lack of accountability when things are clearly going awry.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
this, I really hope that Kesler would be willing to move to wing if it made us a better team

It probably wouldn't. Especially if it means having Ebbett at 3C (like we've seen). It shouldn't even be considered now (unless Shroeder is coming up). That third line is pathetic.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
So you think no icing is more advantageous than having the extra skater?

I've seen it before in the playoffs. A team with a lead will take a 2 minute minor around the 2 minute mark. Then they are free to sit back and ice the puck and work the clock. They know the other team will pull their goalie for the 6-4, but that 6th guy ends up spending his time running around in his own zone picking up the pucks that were iced. This also forces the trailing team to clear the zone after every clearing down the ice.

The faceoff in your own zone after a penalty somewhat negates the advantage, but if you get possession on the initial faceoff after the penalty call, you're probably alright.

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
We just need to get rid of the lazy and overpaid.

Barker = Piece of ****
Ballard = Too much
Maybe Booth depends how he plays.
Lou needs to be moved
Raymond should be replaced by someone like Torres. Or we can keep Raymond.

Thats a start.

Agent007

Mar 22, 2006
lol 9 days ago the Kings lost to the Stars exactly how we did. Up 1-0 tied 1-1 heading into the 3rd period and they go on to give up 4 straight in the 3rd.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Damn, I guess it was a blessing I had exams.

What happened?

3rd period meltdown. More bad decision making with the Canucks puck carriers, and D leaving Dallas shooters alone in home plate area. A couple goals that Schneider would like to have back, but he wasn't the reason for the loss. It was the end of a 5 game road trip, 3rd game in 4 days against a team that was fighting to keep control of its own playoff destiny.

Karter

Feb 16, 2012
Sherbrooke
This isn't the usual internet doggy-piling on one player. Cam Barker truly is a piece of ****. How many moronic fumbles can one player make in one shift? It's insane that he actually gets payed to be a professional hockey player. A professional hockey player. That blows my mind.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
lol 9 days ago the Kings lost to the Stars exactly how we did. Up 1-0 tied 1-1 heading into the 3rd period and they go on to give up 4 straight in the 3rd.

When you win a Cup, meaning you've already proven you have the balls and the wherewithal to compete when the going gets tough, you get the benefit of the doubt.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
When you win a Cup, meaning you've already proven you have the balls and the wherewithal to compete when the going gets tough, you get the benefit of the doubt.

There was absolutely no "going gone tough" for them in that playoff run.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
There was absolutely no "going gone tough" for them in that playoff run.

You'd never know because that was a team that kept their composure throughout. They kept the pedal to the metal. I do know that when they were up 3 games to none in the final against New Jersey and then lost two straight, they didn't fold in Game 6 at home. In fact, they won 6-1.

I do get what you're saying, though. It didn't seem like much of a bumpy ride for the Kings last year. That doesn't mean there weren't points in their run when they separated themselves from a pretender.

goodluckchuck

Apr 22, 2012

the way they mentioned is was that it was quiet serious.

They first criticized MG for his lack of ownership over the players, and how he cannot control the players. And then they gave the Kesler example.

Maybe the podcast can help explain the situation.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012

Just a question was that on the post game show? Just curious because i was wondering why kesler was moved back to center after a day, and would just like to hear what they said about it.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
This isn't the usual internet doggy-piling on one player. Cam Barker truly is a piece of ****. How many moronic fumbles can one player make in one shift? It's insane that he actually gets payed to be a professional hockey player. A professional hockey player. That blows my mind.

Pretty much called this when we signed him.

The way he butchered that 2-on-2 tonight to somehow turn it into a partial breakaway was a Picasso of ineptitude. Sort of play you shouldn't see from a defender in the BCHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad