Post-Game Talk: GAME #44 | Canucks 1 @ Stars 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

ValidVick*

Barker is so bad. No wonder why he was EDMONTONS worst defenceman yet we have him in the top 4... Lol.....

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
We got our work cut out, ducks, wings, hawks.

What is really wrong with KB i wish we knew, lately whenever he struggles on ice he suddenly runs into a day to day injury.

mrmyheadhurts

Registered Boozer
Mar 22, 2007
Vancouver
3rd period was so bad it was actually funny. A lot of players looked pissed off, including Schneider, this type of loss can sometimes be a good thing.

Karl Hungus

Oct 6, 2007
I thought Schneider played a good game for the most part. When the team was playing a structured game for the first half he was excellent. The blame should fall mostly on the D (Barker and Ballard) and partly on the forwards for not getting shots on key opportunities when the game was in the balance.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
@Stringerbell + Sergei Shirokov

I don't know why I can't make a comment about Schneider's awful attempts at puckhandling when he's clearly not that kind of goalie.

I don't even think that any of the goals were a result of that, either. I don't think he played badly, I blame the defense far more than I blame him.

Karter

Feb 16, 2012
Sherbrooke
The guys that like to have a full blown melt down every time we lose should be in here shortly.

We lost. Blow it up.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
It still baffles me that Gillis didn't get an NHL caliber depth d-man at the deadline considering the Canucks injury history

sigh

perrykaravello

John Garrett's Peanut Butter Jar
Aug 15, 2004
Inexcusable effort against a depleted roster from Dallas. Book on Vancouver is simple; wait for them to implode on themselves. This road trip looked exactly like the effort we saw in 2009 against Chicago. Lead in every game, and found the way to lose the series.

Hopefully Schneider calls out the defence. Anyone else excited for 5 more years of Edler? Yikes. You just know this guy is going to botch a game for us in the playoffs if not a couple. At least Bieksa CAN be a gamechanger. Name the last time Edler was a game changer in the playoffs in a GOOD way. 10' against the Kings when he hit Doughty. Pathetic.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
barker should not be in the nhl
thats 2 games in a row hes cost us a critical goal, this time the GWG
then the burrows/ballard exchange was a joke, and then they fell apart.

the real issue, imo, was afte rthe Roy goal -- you could see how deflated the Stars got, but there was no killer instinct from the canucks to put them away.

im not one to pile on after a loss, but this whole roadtrip has been troubling -- since Higgins went down, frankly, this team has looked very mediocre. The Roy-Kesler move seems to have added way less O than seems to have been subtracted from the lower lines, esp the 3rd. Hansen needs to be on the 3rd line, and let Raymond (or even Kass) get a shot on the 2nd line....and seriously, why is Ebbet any better than Schroeder?

Haven't been a critic to date, but also beginning to wonder how much of the inconsistency is on AV.

This game was a bad loss. They fell apart. sure, sure it was a tough road trip (mostly against mediocre teams) but i dont know how one can feel good about their pre-playoff game at this point ...

bah, venting, but this game sucked ....was like watching paint dry for 2 periods, then getting kicked in the balls for the last period.

CanadianPirate

Apr 17, 2007
3rd period was so bad it was actually funny. A lot of players looked pissed off, including Schneider, this type of loss can sometimes be a good thing.

That's what gave me some hope out of this game. They looked pissed! Which is a good thing. They tend to react strongly to be embarrassed (at least in the regular season).

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
To Reverend Mayhem:

Couldn't respond to your post as the thread was locked.

My response to your post is: fair enough. I have no objections to apologizing to posters like you whose goal isn't to egg on people who are already frustrated more. Sorry for how I came off.

I still stand by my opinion of some people here, though. It bothers me that people here talk as if we're calling to blow up the team or something. I don't see more than a couple posters going that far. I've only voiced my opinions about some of the deficiencies that plague this team. It just so happens that I'm pretty critical and it's obvious that gets people's panties in a bunch, just as much as the posters they're criticizing.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I don't understand why people are complaining about Kassian today. With all the problems, the lack of offense from the top players, the lack of defense from...well...everyone, how can it be Kassian's fault? :laugh:

He had a good game. Bad turnover, but whatever, still one of the few guys who looked like he was playing his game.

@Stringerbell + Sergei Shirokov

I don't know why I can't make a comment about Schneider's awful attempts at puckhandling when he's clearly not that kind of goalie.

I don't even think that any of the goals were a result of that, either. I don't think he played badly, I blame the defense far more than I blame him.

As do I man.

Schneider held our crappy defense together most the game. When he couldn't we were exposed. Him not being able to pick up the slack for others isn't his fault.

Anyways we can go either way with the goaltender for next game. We will get the same high quality preformence, its really just a matter of if the defense decide to start playing aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad