Post-Game Talk: GAME 44 - Bruins are now 13-0-0 vs the Metro - BRUINS 4 Fishsticks 1

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Everytime I see the 'Dracarys gif' it just reminds me of the instant reaction you get after being owned by someone or something and you turn around like 'f*** that I'm winning'

Reactions: Mione134

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
Great win ! I watched the first period at the Northside General hospital in Cape Breton . My 83 year old Dad ( lifelong Bruins fan ) is dying . He has Alzheimer’s. Even though he is unconscious we had the game on my iPad . I knew that is the way he would want to go out . Dad would have been proud . Goodbye Dad ! You were the best .
Not a Bruins fan (obv.), but your comment brought a few tears to my eye. Lost my 97-year-old mom under similar circumstances in early Dec 2022. Instead of hockey video, she got the Hallmark Christmas Channel treatment. I had the same sense as you that she was enjoying “the program.” Passed in my arms.

May your memories sustain you.

Here’s to a good game tonite (Altho I am of course expecting the worst :-( )

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Great win ! I watched the first period at the Northside General hospital in Cape Breton . My 83 year old Dad ( lifelong Bruins fan ) is dying . He has Alzheimer’s. Even though he is unconscious we had the game on my iPad . I knew that is the way he would want to go out . Dad would have been proud . Goodbye Dad ! You were the best .
This brought a tear to my eye as well. Blessings to you, and condolences.

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
That's pretty much what I was saying - without trading up, there isn't anyone who stands out as more deserving. Good news is that Smith's play is trending in the right direction, and he's not hurting the team. If that's the worst thing we have to deal with, I'm fine with that.
Indeed...

Blessings to your Dad and all your family....

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I'm so sorry, I am sure deep down in his mind, having you there and that game playing was making his way easier. Once a Bruins fan, always a Bruins fan. My thoughts are with you.

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
Love this !! My Dad passed away before the Rangers won the Cup in 94. A Rangers Cup win puck is still on his grave. We are with you my friend !

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
I’m so sorry.
May his memory be a blessing.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Nice win, I made a small hedge bet on the Isles at +170, the B's are cleaning me out!

https://epaper.bostonglobe.com/get_image.aspx?w=280&eid=8e87aa08-6ba3-4bb5-bd49-c1dedbbb0912&pnum=17&lm=63809713755853

Reactions: BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
If that injury happens how long are players typically out? Or just go cage like CK?
It depends on exactly where he got hit. It looks like it hit him right to the side of his nose which means broken nose and then you worry if he broke his cheekbone. If his maxillary sinus, which is right behind it, is not compromised then he can likely play with a cage a la Chris Kelly. If it has impacted his sinus and ability to breathe then he's out.

An x-ray will tell them if there are any breaks or fluid in the sinus. He'd need a CT scan to assess the damage to his sinuses on that side.

I can only go by my own sinus surgeries, one of which I had to have my septum reset because It was deviated and pushed into my sinus. The first one I bounced back right away and the second one back in 2018 put me on my ass for 3 weeks between healing and light sensitivity. I had instant relief with both but I couldn't fully smell or breathe for about 4 weeks.

The good news is that to fix everything they go up through your nose while you are under anesthesia. Boston has the best ENT (ear, nose and throat) doctors in the world. He's in good hands.

Bottom line is Bergy's going to need his nose fixed at some point.

Reactions: BMC

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I am so sorry @Caper Bruins fan . I know how hard that is. I was with my Dad when he passed too.

My Dad was also a huge Bs fan and left us in 2003 due to Alzheimer's.....and he was born in Halifax NS.

Reactions: Caper Bruins fan

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Loved the Frederick goal. top shelf is the only way you score there. He's finding his groove.
Watch how he handled the puck, he didn't.
Puck hit his stick and shot on the same sequence.
Didn't handle the puck at all, didn't give the goalie a chance to get over or into position.
Contrast that to the Philly game with Greer. Similar play, and position, but he holds on to the puck
for about 1 second and the goalie makes the save.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
*runs around the forum high fiving everyone and devising a force field to put around Bergy's face*

20200201_151123.gif

VICTORY COOKIES!!!!

Triple-Chocolate-Cookies-SpendWithPennies-21-500x500.jpg

*David Coyle is running out of ways to praise this team*

Congratulations to Linus on his 100th NHL win. I loved that spin move he did although I cringed when he left his crease, he could have been hammered.

Charlie Coyle had 2 assists :heart:

I'm always happy when Derek Forbort scores a goal. He is such a beast on defense & the PK.

On to the Rangers!!!

Reactions: Trizz617 and pgm16

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

Even Islander fans love The Hug!

I'm so sorry for your loss. When my mother was dying we played a mix of her favorite music. Like your dad she was unconscious but we knew she could hear it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad