Post-Game Talk: GAME 44 - Bruins are now 13-0-0 vs the Metro - BRUINS 4 Fishsticks 1

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
what did he say?

He admitted (paraphrasing) how as a goalie it is very difficult to mentally keep yourself grounded and motivated at this point in the season when you are playing this well, but then you have a teammate like Marchand that will get on your ass and remind you that nothing comes easy in this league and no matter how good you think you are doing it can all go away very quickly.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I didn't notice Koppanen this game however he did play over 10 minutes and wasn't bad at the dot 5/9. Thoughts?
He needs to learn his spots on the ice but I get it he is nervous who wouldn't .Good reach but not ready for this type team in Cup contention.He held his own in dot thought that's an accomplishment to build on.

I imagine Bergeron will get x-rays I hope that facial bone not broke.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Nice win, that third goal was sick. Tic, tac, Jack!

Last edited:

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
He needs to learn his spots on the ice but I get it he is nervous who wouldn't .Good reach but not ready for this type team in Cup contention.He held his own in dot thought that's an accomplishment to build on.

I imagine Bergeron will get x-rays I hope that facial bone not broke.
If that injury happens how long are players typically out? Or just go cage like CK?

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
i thought smith actually played better but still not good enough to be in every night

Reactions: BMC

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Who do you play instead of him? And is that player an upgrade?
that’s the issue, once debrusk is back you slot him in then i think you need to trade for a depth winger.

i keep saying parise since he probably wants one more shot at the cup after losing in 2012, can score goals and kill penalties.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Solid road style win. They cut off the goalie hug though, the bastards!

I wonder if placing Smith on the big line was an attempt to showcase him a little in the hope he'd net a few and become tradeable? Hasn't worked. other possibility is that line turns into more of a shutdown checking line and you don't break continuity on the other lines. idk, but I wish there was a way we could ditch Smith and get a speedy upgrade at the deadline.

If we could find a way to add one speedy scorer and maybe one tough guy to round out this roster we'd be all set for a good cup run. We might be set as is, but maybe only if Hall remembers how to put the puck in the net now and again.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
that’s the issue, once debrusk is back you slot him in then i think you need to trade for a depth winger.

i keep saying parise since he probably wants one more shot at the cup after losing in 2012, can score goals and kill penalties.
That's pretty much what I was saying - without trading up, there isn't anyone who stands out as more deserving. Good news is that Smith's play is trending in the right direction, and he's not hurting the team. If that's the worst thing we have to deal with, I'm fine with that.

Reactions: BMC and PastaBaked

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
Smith played very well. Earned an assist, strong on the puck. I guess if Sweeney has an opportunity for a clear upgrade, and Smith is the one that has to go….it is what it is. But the camaraderie on the team, and the way they play for each other….I’d be happy keeping him.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
With 38 games left in the season, the Bruins' magic number is 49

If they just go 25-13 the rest of the way, even if Buffalo wins 39 consecutive games to end the season and/or Florida wins 36 consecutive games to end the season, the Bruins will clinch a playoff spot.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Thursday, January 19 (Madison Square Garden, New York City, NY)

- No pregame skate

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery available to the media at approximately 5:40 p.m.

- Game vs New York Rangers, 7 p.m. (TV: NESN, Radio: 98.5)

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to the media following the game

- Travel to Boston

Friday, January 20 (Boston, MA)

- TBD

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad