GDT: Game #44 - 1.10.14 - at New York - 6:00 PM - FS Southwest Plus - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Dallas played well this game, one of their best efforts I can remember on the 2nd night of a back to back.

Unfortunately even when this team plays well they have to get over their **** luck as well.

McGinley

Captain, my captain
Feb 13, 2013
I thought you were done?

I wasn't even in this thread, genius.

Don't get mad just because I won't play the role of homer apologist. This team SUCKS and it should be said. Go drink the kool aid somewhere else.

Primetimey*

Dallas plays a solid game and "we suck".. some posters make zero sense or don't watch the games.

KiedisA

Feb 27, 2010
Well this hurts.. Deserved a better faith but for a young core this is another lesson.. Yeah, let's trade Eakin, huh?!?

I don't blame anyone for the goal, it's just hustle by the Rangers but maybe don't pair Gonchar and Rome with each other as they aren't fast enough together. Maybe Daley with Rome, didn't those two play last season??

Luckily the next game comes fairly quick, time to put seven past the NYi..

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I wasn't even in this thread, genius.

Don't get mad just because I won't play the role of homer apologist. This team SUCKS and it should be said. Go drink the kool aid somewhere else.

Weird, I quoted a post of yours from this thread. Guess that doesn't count as being "in" a thread :shakehead

I've never said the team doesn't suck, but you coming in here to rub it in is just troll ********. Did you even watch the game?

StarsFan06

Jan 2, 2014
Texas
Weird, I quoted a post of yours from this thread. Guess that doesn't count as being "in" a thread :shakehead

I've never said the team doesn't suck, but you coming in here to rub it in is just troll ********. Did you even watch the game?
Nope he didn't

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
WE are 29th in the NHL on the PP

The underlying stats are much worse on the penalty kill. Right now the only reason the Stars are down there in the PP rankings is because they have been horribly unlucky on their shooting percentage while a man up. They have actually scored on a lower percentage of their shots on the PP than they have at even strength. Numerous studies have shown that team shooting percentage is entirely luck based at even strength and the power-play, so expect things to improve eventually for the Stars in that area as the percentages regress to the mean over a larger sample size.

The penalty kill on the other hand bleeds shots and scoring chances at a rate matched by hardly any teams in history. If that keeps up the Stars WILL be at the bottom of the league in PK% by the end of the season. Right now the Stars' goaltenders have very high save percentages while shorthanded, that sort of luck doesn't last.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad