GDT: Game 43: Sabres @ Hawks | 1/8/2016 | 7:30 PM CT | NHLN-US,MSG-B,BELL TV,CSN-CH

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well they gave Danault 1st star for tge GWG and his first NHL goal...but honestly our 3 best players tonight in no particular order to me were Anisimov,CC , and Gutafsson...CC kept bailing us out..while we greatly out shot them,Johnson had a lot of routine easy stops and less dangerous grade A scoring chance shots to face..CC had less shots to face but a lot of sneaky and dangerously quick shots right on net without much contention from our checkers..They could just as easily gotten 3-4 goals had CC not been focused...Anisimov worked very hard..made plays..was our best forward all night..Gus was terrific both in leading attacks out of the zone and up the ice and in the o-zone plus he smoothly A
and defended very well with confidence..
Yes Toews gets 1 secondary assist and 1 en goal..so he still is having trouble beat g goalies in the 5x5 ES shifts and not generating much in primary assists but that is understandable because another zero for Hossa and again he missed o 2 grade A scoring g chances.I do give Hossa crest fir back-checking though..Still with Toews earnings g tge big $10.5 and Hossa still cashing g $7.9 this year ...that is a lot of salary for so little top line offense especially after you deduct the goals not generated in ES regulation .for Toews and ask what goals for Hossa (so few of any kind have we seen) ...Li e #1 just looks like a futile threat to opponents now..Easily handled...Minute crunches and I guess if they at least waste the time at evens it allows others to do tge scoring g..but for the bucks it is getting g depressing watching them fail nearly all the time.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 1h1 hour ago
Anyone who thinks Joel Quenneville hates young players, just watch Danault and Gustafsson. Q ADORES both of them. He hates BAD players.

ya I have never understood the Q hates young players....he hates players that are not defensively responsible UNLESS your Kane talented and even then Q made him learn....

I would like Hartman up for Bickell and Panik if he ever gets a Visa up for Mashinter.....

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
loved the way Gus and Danault celebrated at the end.....both of them have breathed new life into this team and I am so happy Danault was able to recover from his injury...I was happy when we drafted him, the kid is hockey smart and you can see it, he is rarely if ever out of position and because of that Q has seemed to already give him some trust....same can be said for Gus

now honestly I know experience is important for Q but honestly I think the hawks could go to another level if Bickell/Mashinter were in the press box/in rockford.....take your pick or both for that matter its time to see Hartman for sure and I would like to see another kid up but Q likely would have his quota with one more...

Panik-JT-Hossa
P-Arty
Desi-Danault-TT
Garbutt-Moose/Shaw-Shaw/Hartman

until the trade deadline....

Agreed. Bickell/Mash do nothing. Q hardly plays that 4th line. Hartman should get another crack, he plays hard and aggressive. He does everything better then Bickell (at this point who doesn't?)

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
ya I have never understood the Q hates young players....he hates players that are not defensively responsible UNLESS your Kane talented and even then Q made him learn....

I would like Hartman up for Bickell and Panik if he ever gets a Visa up for Mashinter.....

I totally agree. I would love to see Hartman back up here

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Well they gave Danault 1st star for tge GWG and his first NHL goal...but honestly our 3 best players tonight in no particular order to me were Anisimov,CC , and Gutafsson...CC kept bailing us out..while we greatly out shot them,Johnson had a lot of routine easy stops and less dangerous grade A scoring chance shots to face..CC had less shots to face but a lot of sneaky and dangerously quick shots right on net without much contention from our checkers..They could just as easily gotten 3-4 goals had CC not been focused...Anisimov worked very hard..made plays..was our best forward all night..Gus was terrific both in leading attacks out of the zone and up the ice and in the o-zone plus he smoothly A
and defended very well with confidence..
Yes Toews gets 1 secondary assist and 1 en goal..so he still is having trouble beat g goalies in the 5x5 ES shifts and not generating much in primary assists but that is understandable because another zero for Hossa and again he missed o 2 grade A scoring g chances.I do give Hossa crest fir back-checking though..Still with Toews earnings g tge big $10.5 and Hossa still cashing g $7.9 this year ...that is a lot of salary for so little top line offense especially after you deduct the goals not generated in ES regulation .for Toews and ask what goals for Hossa (so few of any kind have we seen) ...Li e #1 just looks like a futile threat to opponents now..Easily handled...Minute crunches and I guess if they at least waste the time at evens it allows others to do tge scoring g..but for the bucks it is getting g depressing watching them fail nearly all the time.

Fiddy I can never get through a whole post of yours but I agree with the first part about Gus should have been a star

Danault
Gus
Johnson

CptnSerious

Them Intangibles
Apr 19, 2014

Agreed.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 1h1 hour ago
Anyone who thinks Joel Quenneville hates young players, just watch Danault and Gustafsson. Q ADORES both of them. He hates BAD players.

See, his argument unravels with Gustafsson.

He is a good player.

But like any young player, he's made mistakes at the NHL level. The same mistakes that other players have made and been immediately benched or scratched for.

The argument has never been that Q hates young players across the board. The argument has been that Q decides on his favorites quickly, and is very slow to change opinion of you after that initial decision has been made.

If you're one of his boys, you can get into the lineup every night regardless of what you bring to the table or what mistakes you make. If you're not, you can play great for 90% of a game, make a few miscues, and you'll be replaces by one of his boys as soon as he has a plausible rationalization (however stretched).

This is a man that played Brandon Bollig 82 games of a season plus the playoffs, saddled Kane with Michael Handzus for same and outright lost a playoff series because of it, actively campaigned and actually dressed Mashinter for NHL games.

Don't tell me he dislikes bad players. That's a ludicrous statement. He's dressed and given preferential treatment to several in his time.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Where is the love for Hammer, he was awesome tonight and had a goal and assist

ya I know and fiddly was right with AA as well....

honestly hammer could be a star on many nights but Johnson was brilliant, Danaults first goal and gus was awesome tonight

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Was having a group of friends over before the wife got too drunk and threw up in the livingroom. All of this going on while I had the game on MUTE in the background.

Danault, congrats sir...That was a hell of a move.

Let's finish this off. Go Hawks.

Post of the year. Did she cry after?

Listened to the game in the car and while it was slow it seems like we controlled the game. I truly enjoy our radio crew.

I also read that the AP-AA-PK line had some ridiculous advanced stats tonight. True?

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Anyway, as far as the game goes, I kinda want to see Keith-Seabrook and Hammer-Gus at some point.

Seabrook has been horrific for awhile now, and if you're looking for a veteran to help cover up the miscues of a rookie, he ain't your guy (and good lord does that contract look terrible right now).

Let Hammer, who is playing great, handle covering for Gus, and Keith try to drag his old buddy around the ice as best he can.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Anyway, as far as the game goes, I kinda want to see Keith-Seabrook and Hammer-Gus at some point.

Seabrook has been horrific for awhile now, and if you're looking for a veteran to help cover up the miscues of a rookie, he ain't your guy (and good lord does that contract look terrible right now).

Let Hammer, who is playing great, handle covering for Gus, and Keith try to drag his old buddy around the ice as best he can.

I dont disagree with you here Jaeger....I too was never a fan of that sea brook deal, having said that he usually shows up when it really matters but I don't think that will last for too many more years.....my hope is that Stan finds a taker for Sebrook in 2018 at the latest....

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013

Horrific? That is a bit too harsh

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Horrific is quite strong and you are overreacting. You are talking about the same guy that carried our d early in the year. That contract still looks pretty good to me.

I do think 2-7, 4-52, 57-OG of the game are the optimal pairings.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I think Q is letting the two young guys (24&52) steep in the NHL a bit before bringing up another one. With the busy January the 4th line is going to have to play more than 5mn. Panic comes and Shaw will drop down removing Bickell. The 4th line will then play more as Bickell is just a black hole of suck. Everyone he is around blows because of him.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
I think Q is letting the two young guys (24&52) steep in the NHL a bit before bringing up another one. With the busy January the 4th line is going to have to play more than 5mn. Panic comes and Shaw will drop down removing Bickell. The 4th line will then play more as Bickell is just a black hole of suck. Everyone he is around blows because of him.

Bickell hasn't been good, but blaming him for Ras sucking seems like a stretch. Ras sucks just fine on his own.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
If 50 complains about toews after this one I will write to hf management and get his acct erased lol.

Like I and many have said 24 and 52 make us just another level better. Amazing

52 a 2 way D and 24 a 2 way C.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Bickell hasn't been good, but blaming him for Ras sucking seems like a stretch. Ras sucks just fine on his own.

Rasmussen/Bickell/Mashinter out, Kero/Hartman back in. No one can convince me Kero/Hartman isn't a way better option. Q doesn't trust that 4th line now at all, I can remember only one or two shifts they played in the third. Kero also looked good on the PK.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Post of the year. Did she cry after?

Listened to the game in the car and while it was slow it seems like we controlled the game. I truly enjoy our radio crew.

I also read that the AP-AA-PK line had some ridiculous advanced stats tonight. True?

None better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad