GDT: Game 43: Sabres @ Hawks | 1/8/2016 | 7:30 PM CT | NHLN-US,MSG-B,BELL TV,CSN-CH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
So many displaced Buffalonians across the country- they show up in numbers pretty much everywhere. I was sitting next to one during the game (my dad!).

(Technically I am a native Buffalonian but my folks moved when I was 2. I like the Sabres 80 games out of the year but the Hawks became my team as a kid.)

Buffalonians? I thought the term was Buffoons!?:laugh:

j/k

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
that is unless Panik turns out to fit on JT's LW.....if that is the case then Stan can get a sub 32 year old high quality number 6 Dman......and rosy and missile can be extras.....and we can maybe keep Shaw for the cup run

I've watched a fair amount of Panik - and I'd be shocked if he turned out to be the LW solution. I think he's got the skills, but he's never consistently used them, and I'd be absolutely shocked if he figured it out at this point.

Call me crazy - but what would people think of:

Dano* - Toews - TT
Panarin - AA - Kane
Shaw - Danault - Hossa
Desjardin - Kruger - Garbutt

* - Or other LW upgrade. I'd rather give Dano another shot than keep Shaw there.

I just feel that Hossa is entering into the "transition to the 3rd line" point in career with him pretty much losing his shot. TT hasn't worked out on LW, but maybe if in his more natural position it works better? Q's deployment of the 1st line should change a little, but the 3rd line would be better suited for tough D zone starts that what we've had there the last 2-3 years.

Last edited:

RFIP

I LOVE CRAWFORD!
Mar 6, 2011
Hossa deserves the ire he's drawing.

As far as Shaw, I've watched him specifically. He does a number of things badly, but chief to it is passing. He simply cannot complete or receive a pass and it's killing possessions and chances

Agree totally on Shaw, and may I add he can't handle the puck when he does finally receiver it. He needs to learn from 15 to plant his azz in front of the net on every shift.

Speaking of AA, their's a guy who has been screwed out of points all year. Well not screwed out of them but his net front presence has been 100% the reason that several goals have been scored, goals that he received no points on. Also, I thought he deserved an assist on The Breadman's faceoff goal the other night...close call but he took the draw and the Pens player barely touched the puck as it went toward 72.

Say what you want about Hoss, I still love the guy and his effort, heart AND ability to play a great 200 foot game will never be devalued in my eyes. Like I said, when he stops getting chances that most guys would NEVER get, then I worry.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Sounds like a young Keith

Offensively, perhaps. Gus is OK so far in his own zone. He'll improve I'm quite sure. But his breakout passes are Keith like tho. He's sprung at least 5+ breakways/odd man rushes since he's been up. Really high on him and Danault. I'll be happy when Kruger is back and they can get Moose out of the lineup. Then we just need to acquire a guy like Hudler on the cheap and slot him in at 1LW and we got some things to work with come playoffs.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I've watched a fair amount of Panik - and I'd be shocked if he turned out to be the LW solution. I think he's got the skills, but he's never consistently used them, and I'd be absolutely shocked if he figured it out at this point.

Call me crazy - but what would people think of:

Dano* - Toews - TT
Panarin - AA - Kane
Shaw - Danault - Hossa
Desjardin - Kruger - Garbutt

* - Or other LW upgrade. I'd rather give Dano another shot than keep Shaw there.

I just feel that Hossa is entering into the "transition to the 3rd line" point in career with him pretty much losing his shot. TT hasn't worked out on LW, but maybe if in his more natural position it works better? Q's deployment of the 1st line should change a little, but the 3rd line would be better suited for tough D zone starts that what we've had there the last 2-3 years.

I tend to agree .. if Panik doesn't pan out than I could see a line up similar to the one above save for maybe Panik in for Garbutt. I also like the 3rd line in this scenario where Hoss can concentrate on defence and quick counter attacks. Stan will probably go after a LW though so we shall see .. is Dano getting it yet in the A?

RFIP

I LOVE CRAWFORD!
Mar 6, 2011
I tend to agree .. if Panik doesn't pan out than I could see a line up similar to the one above save for maybe Panik in for Garbutt. I also like the 3rd line in this scenario where Hoss can concentrate on defence and quick counter attacks. Stan will probably go after a LW though so we shall see .. is Dano getting it yet in the A?

I would never replace Hossa with TT. TT is way too weak, gets pushed off the puck and is not 1/100 the puck retriever Hoss is.

Would I rather have TT finish some of Hossa's chances? For sure but I'd also say I've seen him flat out flub more than his share of glorious opportunities this year as well.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Keith is having another Norris caliber season. He's on pace for 57 points in 72 games, which is the same pace as 65 over 82. Then there's taking into account that he's elite defensively.

I doubt he wins it, but this guy is unreal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad