GDT: GAME #43 - "Hitchsucker Blues" - Canucks @ Blues - *APRIL 16, 2013* - 5:00 p.m, SPAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Don't really like our chances here. The Blues are a tough and physical team to play any time, let alone when we're coming into their building on the second night of a back to back. I would be pleasantly surprised with a win, but I don't see it unless we play a better game than we did against the Preds last night.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Everyone is so afraid of playing them, don't get why.

I don't either. I didn't think adding Roy would be such a game changer for this team. Boy was I wrong. I also didn't think Kesler would be so game ready so fast. Boy was I wrong. Adding a healthy Kelser and Roy has change this team from what we had to endure all season long. The Canucks can play with any team in the league when healthy. I am not scared of any other team but I wouldn't want to face ANA or CHI in the first round. Like them or not they are the 2 best teams this year for a reason. We would need to be on the top of our game to win a series against them. Luckily we won't have to play them in round 1.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
I'm not afraid of the Blues, but I do see them as a hard out who plays physical hockey. I'd prefer a less physical first round opponent, like the sharks.

Bit torn on this one...I want to see us up our game vs playoff teams but wouldn't mind StB climbing into the 5 slot. As long as our effort is there for 60 minutes, its win win for me,even if we lose.

Northbad

Jul 3, 2010
Vancouver, B.C
I can't wait to see what this team can do in the playoffs. It's great to see Kesler getting some points and the team as a whole heating up and gaining some confidence in their offense/special teams. Our Penalty Kill is looking great and the Powerplay is finally starting to click.

I have a gut feeling that Kassian is going to really step up his game in the post season. This team is all kinds of exciting right now.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I can't wait to see what this team can do in the playoffs. It's great to see Kesler getting some points and the team as a whole heating up and gaining some confidence in their offense/special teams. Our Penalty Kill is looking great and the Powerplay is finally starting to click.

I have a gut feeling that Kassian is going to really step up his game in the post season. This team is all kinds of exciting right now.

Kassian needs to be given the chance though. AV needs to show some confidence in him and allow him to play meaningful minutes. I think Kassian has another gear he can tap into come playoff time as well, but he needs to be given the chance to play.

xtr3m

Jan 28, 2009
Vancouver
The Blues are pretty bad at home. They really need to improve their play as they only have one away game left (and six at home).

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Need to win this one to keep Minny in 6th. There are no easy teams in the playoffs, just ones that are more or less likely to injure you. I think Minny's less likely to injure us than St. Louis, the Kings, or San Jose.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011

To me, Kassian is a wildcard. I see him as a player that can really feed off of the fans' emotion. If he gets an early goal in the playoffs, that could be the only spark he needs to turn him into a beast for a good stretch of games. If he gets going, he will be a huge part of our success. I really believe he can do it.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Haha thanks. I know a few users around HF hit the 100K mark recently. I can't even comprehend. :laugh:

It's not that crazy, this site has been around for awhile. (so i just noticed the guy with 100k mark was a 2008 member) LOL

Oh god I just noticed I am near 30k

Last edited:

Wheatley

We Rabite You
Sep 24, 2010
Kassian needs to be given the chance though. AV needs to show some confidence in him and allow him to play meaningful minutes. I think Kassian has another gear he can tap into come playoff time as well, but he needs to be given the chance to play.

Kassian needs to show he can contribute before he gets "meaningful" minutes. And I'll actually argue that he's been given the opportunity lately, playing on Kesler's wing etc, just no production.

WestleySnipez

Christmas came early
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver. Duh.
If we do face them in the 1st Round, I want to repeat that sweep we had on them in the 1st Round of 2009.

I think we will win this game. Our PP is looking good again, our PK is improving. Goaltending is awesome, Kesler is on fire, we'll win.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad