GDT: [Game #43] Dallas Stars vs. Los Angeles Kings – 7:00 PM CT (ESPN+)

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
Talbot made that entire situation and bailed himself out
there were plenty of good chances there, he just got in front of them

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
No one followed Faksa into the zone there tho, but yea.. not particularly aware there

Oettinger has done well to get in front of things

Too many cute passes :\

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
His skating is just awful too lol. I had a better posture and stride as a f***ing freshman in high school. He used to be a much better player but i think the mileage added up
He tries his hardest and that’s all we should care about

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Why'd they have to show that last minute of the SN feed of the Leafs/Oilers game? Now I remember what good audio sounds like, lol.

Reactions: Elysian

Sports2

smack my bisch up
Jul 1, 2018
I think he means Neal Niskanen. The year we signed Ryder is when that deal went down
Actually no. Cole played in 3 playoff games and did nothing. He was fine. But that isn’t what you trade deadline pieces for. Especially if you were the 2013 Dallas Stars. Erik Coles grow on trees and you’re in a state with no income tax. Just sign one in the offseason. You’re literally just throwing away a draft pick. They traded Ryder- who had 6 goals and 8 assists in 19 games making 3.5 million who retained could fit on any team in the league- for Cole at 4.5 while he had 3 goals and 3 assists. I wouldn’t sign 2013 Cole at 4.5 now and the cap ceiling is like 20 million higher. Also they didn’t even wait until TD to maximize his value they literally just traded for Eric Cole on a Tuesday in February presumably because Joe was throwing darts at a dartboard and Montreal was the first team to pick up the phone.

Then actual trade deadline rolls around and Derek Roy gets a 2nd round pick and a top 10 prospect. Jagr gets a conditional first. Ryan Clowe gets 2 2nds. Martin Erat gets the #11 pick from the 2012 draft.

It was literally a nonsense trade. There was no point. The literal only possible explanation is that Joe wanted to continue the possibility of making the playoffs and saw an opportunity to recoup assets on an expiring deal- except Cole was worse and more expensive and then you gave them a third round pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad