GDT: [Game #43] Dallas Stars @ New York Rangers - 6:00 PM CT (BSSW)

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
There clearly is something about Suter that he keeps getting these chances. It’s not stats. It’s not the eyeball test. I have no idea what it is but Deboer seems to keep putting him out there.
Suter has played 1,300 games. That’s it. He’ll never be scratched.

Well Miro f***ed that OT.
The dumbest shift of his career.

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
I'm just glad it was a regular season game that doesn't mean much. That loss would hurt really bad if it wasn't January.

Miro loses the puck up the ice trying to take on 2-3 guys alone, gets beat wide by Panarin, and then get's outmuscled in front. Not his finest minute.

For some reason the entire world can see Suter is garbage except the coaching staff. His on ice play is terrible and his analytics are terrible.

Reactions: JeffP

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Everyone on the ice in OT pissed me off. Miro trying to go through 3 guys instead of changing, Miro losing the puck, Seguin and Robertson trying to cheat up the ice despite the puck being loose right in front of their own goal

Reactions: ugrakarma

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Everyone on the ice in OT pissed me off. Miro trying to go through 3 guys instead of changing, Miro losing the puck, Seguin and Robertson trying to cheat up the ice despite the puck being loose right in front of their own goal

Yeah I love Robo but he wasn't even battling for the puck at the end. He drifted up hoping he could grab a loose puck and go.

redbeardtx

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
Whoever coaches our team in OT needs to be launched into the sun. How we went from damn near unbeatable in OT to complete dog shit is f***in ridiculous.

And we need to quit putting slow guys out there together. I love Pavs and Robo but they're too slow for all that open ice to play together

Reactions: ugrakarma

Rompane

Jan 16, 2021
Well this was disappointing way to lose. Only 2 goals last 2 games. I guess team needs Hintz.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Think we take the 3 out 4 points and move on. But hopefully some massive learnings we will be able to build on for experience in future situations like that in bigger games. Looked a big coaching opportunity.

Main concern was low amount of offense and chances generated without Hintz. Without Jakes amazing performances we likely head back with 0 out of 4 pts. Taking 3 will be handy.

We def need another top 6 playmaker...and we absolutely need more speed. We have 3 fast skaters in Hintz, Heiskanen and Gurianov. All others are medium to NHL average, with multiple below average.

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
had to step away for a couple of hours as I was raging after that. They threw that game. Feel so bad for Otter, he must feel like he's a one man team right now. Say what you like about "oh well it could happen to any team" but losing that goal at the death was the most unprofessional garbage ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad