GDT: Game #43: Coyotes @ Cancucks | 8:00pm (AZ) | Scripps

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I know that Vancouver is one of the top teams, but we're not playing badly against them. Way too many penalties for me to think we even have a chance in this game, but we're only 1 goal down.

Reactions: Jakey53

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Faceoffs
Vancouver 38 (72%) Arizona 15 (28%)

Arizona

• Keller 0/1
  • Kerfoot 3/14
  • Bjugstad 8/22
  • McBain 1/9
  • Cooley 3/7
Vancouver
  • Miller 17/19
  • Lafferty 4/7
  • Suter 5/7
  • Pettersen 2/2
  • Blueger 8/13
  • Joshua 1/2
  • Aman 1/3

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Gah. Frustrating loss. We played well enough to at least get a point. Gotta come out on Saturday and take it to Nashville. That's a must win game.

Reactions: Jakey53

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
It always sucks to lose but it helps a little bit to remember that these are meaningful games and the team has really already progressed a lot this season
this x1000...we're playing good games against top teams. Certainly, something to build upon

I think it's time we stop with the 11-7 Mickey Mouse bull shit and just call up a player when an injury happens. Idk, maybe I'm asking for too much
agree with you.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I might be wrong, but I feel like the 11-7 thing worked better last year and the year before. It doesn’t feel like it works at all this year, I don’t think we have a single win with that deployment this season

Reactions: DustyDangler

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I think it's time we stop with the 11-7 Mickey Mouse bull shit and just call up a player when an injury happens. Idk, maybe I'm asking for too much

Especially if that player isn’t being used. What is the point of playing Josh Brown three minutes and twenty seconds?

Takes him longer time to put on his equipment than he spent on the ice.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Hey, good effort there at the end of the game...and we didn't give up a shorty.

Too many penalties and turnovers to win this one.
They are a better team but we are a bit behind on certain plays, that leads to the penalties and the turnovers. We were pressured all night versus just dumb plays on our part. Still, we stuck with them mostly.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
How about going back to the root turnover at the blueline by Kesselring.
Bad decision by Kesselring for sure. There were three Canucks, no Coyote forwards and Kesselring should have started to defend not try to push the puck forward. Keller did the best he could. Good goal, maybe a little lucky, but that's why they are first in the standings and we aren't.

Keller hustled hard to "cover" the guy but didn't bother tying up his stick and then curled away after Ingram made the 1st save.
I think Keller did the best he could.

Reactions: Vinny Boombatz

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I know that Vancouver is one of the top teams, but we're not playing badly against them. Way too many penalties for me to think we even have a chance in this game, but we're only 1 goal down.
LOB. Have no idea what he is trying to do. He has gone back to being a goon with no brains instead of a steady fourth liner who hustles.

Reactions: DustyDangler

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
They are a better team but we are a bit behind on certain plays, that leads to the penalties and the turnovers. We were pressured all night versus just dumb plays on our part. Still, we stuck with them mostly.
Maybe if we sat LOB we wouldn't have to worry about so many dumb penalties. Dumb plays is right.

Faceoffs
Vancouver 38 (72%) Arizona 15 (28%)

Arizona

• Keller 0/1
  • Kerfoot 3/14
  • Bjugstad 8/22
  • McBain 1/9
  • Cooley 3/7
Vancouver
  • Miller 17/19
  • Lafferty 4/7
  • Suter 5/7
  • Pettersen 2/2
  • Blueger 8/13
  • Joshua 1/2
  • Aman 1/3
Terrible, just terrible.

Reactions: Hogan20

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Especially if that player isn’t being used. What is the point of playing Josh Brown three minutes and twenty seconds?

Takes him longer time to put on his equipment than he spent on the ice.
Totally agree. And couldn’t Tucson use him? Wouldn’t he be an asset for them? At least for home games? He’s got a one way deal so it wouldn’t hurt the bank account. And it’s not too far from home.

Maybe if we sat LOB we wouldn't have to worry about so many dumb penalties. Dumb plays is right.
Why not dress Brown as 4RW and sit LOB? Brown is a better fighter, and a more intimidating presence. But he’s also more disciplined and less emotional. He’s make a fine 4th line winger. He can defend the cycle and chip the puck out. What more do we want?

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Totally agree. And couldn’t Tucson use him? Wouldn’t he be an asset for them? At least for home games? He’s got a one way deal so it wouldn’t hurt the bank account. And it’s not too far from home.

Why not dress Brown as 4RW and sit LOB? Brown is a better fighter, and a more intimidating presence. But he’s also more disciplined and less emotional. He’s make a fine 4th line winger. He can defend the cycle and chip the puck out. What more do we want?

Maybe it’s just me, I don’t think Brown would clear waivers. Lol

But if you’re not playing him anyways, maybe the real victory becomes the extra roster spot

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
He too often forces it and drops before his opponent does so he gets the extra. I suspect this is understood by the rest of the NHL and they just let him do his thing and then get ready for the power play. His timing is terrible too. Playing one of the best teams in the league and was a pretty balanced game to that point. He takes the penalty and, even though they killed it, the momentum shifted to the Canucks.

Also, when it is a fair fight, he rarely wins and needs to enhance his skills, if he is going to play this role. Would like to see him focus more on playing and dropping when there is actually something worth dropping over and when his opponent is willing. Heart and passion is high but intellect and skills are low. Needs a Stu Grimson type to mentor him.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
I'm ready to be done with the 11-7 and with LOB, like many others before me have already said.

5 years ago the best teams all had incredible 3rd lines. Now pretty much everyone has a decent 3rd line so it's the 4th line that's taking some teams from good to great. Getting LOB into the press box will improve the team. I'd rather Keleman over him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad