GDT: Game #43: Coyotes @ Cancucks | 8:00pm (AZ) | Scripps

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I'm ready to be done with the 11-7 and with LOB, like many others before me have already said.

5 years ago the best teams all had incredible 3rd lines. Now pretty much everyone has a decent 3rd line so it's the 4th line that's taking some teams from good to great. Getting LOB into the press box will improve the team. I'd rather Keleman over him.
I prefer sending LOB to the Eastern Conference to be honest. If Tourigny needs an enforcer, give him one who can win a fight.

Reactions: SniperHF

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Regarding O'Brien, the timing of the fights may have been part of the reason for the poor 1st period. Team had to come out and penalty kill too much and it can kill the rhythm.

On the other hand, I think he's been kept around because he's basically always willing to start something if the opponent is taking liberties.

I don't necessarily think he needs to be doing this all the time, but if the young guys are going to take anything away from it, perhaps he's done his role and in the future when he's likely not around, they will step up their own physicality and defend each other when it happens, albeit with a more measured response so we wind up with less extraneous penalties.

His puck handling and decision-making with the puck are usually among the lowest on the team, so I can't really see him being able to stick around as the prospects start coming up.

UK Yote

Jun 28, 2018
Another poor show up front, hardly any sustained time in the Canucks zone. Ingram once again kept the score line looking better than the game actually was. One step forward two steps back with this team.
If LOB is going to fight at least win one occasionally, it really is getting boring watching him starting these things and just costing us time on the PK.

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
In the 1st and 2nd periods, to me, it seemed like the Canucks played a lot of minor interference, holding guys and delaying them from getting past on Coyote forechecks after dump-ins. I didn't see it so much in the 3rd, so perhaps the ref had warned them, but that was frustrating to watch.

Tocchet has obviously improved himself too which is nice to see. I think it helps that he's got a new stable of assistant coaches because his Coyotes' coaching staff left a lot to be desired. The time off from the game and reflecting on his tenure here surely helped. Can't also hurt that he has more talent now than he ever had here.

bwhsocal

May 4, 2023
sucks to lose but VAN (amazingly) is a top team we were on the road (last game of trip) and were right there.
the negatives were; just dreadful on the FO - yikes that was bad (i get young guys struggle there but bjug & kerfoot were awful) and the PP could not get set up till maybe 30 secs left in penalty and too many penalties (some were dumb, some were weak calls, and some just a tough opponent).
but where the team is and where it has been, the positives far outweigh the negatives.

Reactions: Jakey53

bwhsocal

May 4, 2023
this 3 game roadie was a good snapshot -
play bottom 10 team - blow them out
play middle 10 - OT loss
play top 10 - 1 goal loss
so 3 pts in 3 games ON THE ROAD - take that all day

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
I prefer sending LOB to the Eastern Conference to be honest....
Regarding O'Brien, ...
If LOB is going to fight at least win one occasionally, it really is getting boring watching him starting these things and just costing us time on the PK.
At least we got someone leading the league in something.... :sarcasm:

Reactions: UK Yote

gorsk11

Logan Cooley for the win.
Jun 25, 2008
AZ
We sure know how to turn offensive zone time into nothing. Odd man rushes into nothing. Several times we curl to the boards and we get nothing. Would rather we at leadst throw the puck at the net and see what happens. Less LOB would be welcome.

Reactions: Vinny Boombatz

sensfan44

peacetowersens
Aug 12, 2007
Chilliwack BC
Visit site
In the 1st and 2nd periods, to me, it seemed like the Canucks played a lot of minor interference, holding guys and delaying them from getting past on Coyote forechecks after dump-ins. I didn't see it so much in the 3rd, so perhaps the ref had warned them, but that was frustrating to watch.

Tocchet has obviously improved himself too which is nice to see. I think it helps that he's got a new stable of assistant coaches because his Coyotes' coaching staff left a lot to be desired. The time off from the game and reflecting on his tenure here surely helped. Can't also hurt that he has more talent now than he ever had here.
Sens fan here. I was at the game and noticed the same thing. The Canucks players were taking two-three steps out of their lanes, sticking out their butts, arms, and twisting players just enough... The building was up in arms about the Lafferty scuffle but if a boarding call would have been made moments earlier when he hit the Yotes player on the numbers (can't remember who it was) then I don't believe LOB feels like he has to go after him. There was also a big momentum shift late when Pettersson went down from a light tap on the pants that was somehow called hooking? I was pretty impressed with Ingram's game though! Any chance you're into dealing Vejmelka now? ;)

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Sens fan here. I was at the game and noticed the same thing. The Canucks players were taking two-three steps out of their lanes, sticking out their butts, arms, and twisting players just enough... The building was up in arms about the Lafferty scuffle but if a boarding call would have been made moments earlier when he hit the Yotes player on the numbers (can't remember who it was) then I don't believe LOB feels like he has to go after him. There was also a big momentum shift late when Pettersson went down from a light tap on the pants that was somehow called hooking? I was pretty impressed with Ingram's game though! Any chance you're into dealing Vejmelka now? ;)
Not right now. No potential back up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad