GDT: Game 43: Columbus vs. Carolina | 1/9 7PM EST

major major

Feb 18, 2013
It's awesome seeing young guys like Rychel and Anderson step in and contribute right away. Unfortunately, I don't think we've got any other prospects that share their level of NHL-readiness :(

It looks like it's going to be at least a year and a half before Milano and Bjork come along, if they ever make it. But for next year we don't have space for more anyways.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
He has all of the tools to become very good. The type that I thought Murray would be.

I'm still hopeful Murray can get faster. He showed up this year markedly slower. Perhaps his focus on getting more durable went too far. I wonder what he can do this summer.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
As for Jones' physicality, I too would like to see him lower his shoulders into guys every now and then. But I doubt it has much practical impact on the game one way or the other. D men that go for big hits often just take themselves out of the play, along with the guy they're hitting, making a 4 on 4 and leaving more space for attackers. If you're as effective as Seth Jones is it's best to stay in the play and on your feet.

You saw this with Savard last night. His early hit crushed Nordstrom and shut down the play. Later in the game he went for an open ice hit in our zone while defending the rush, and he got his man, but by the time Savard got back in the play there were multiple Canes right in front of Korpisalo, forcing a big save.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
I'm trying to be critical for the sake of objectivity. Jones decision making isn't always sound, and he could be more physical. That being said, he's going to be the best dman we've ever had, and Jones/Murray be end of season will be the best pairing we've ever iced.

Great return on Johansen, JK/JD are winning me over with moves like this Hartnell/Umberger, and yeah I'll say, the Torts/2nd rd pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad