GDT: Game 43: Columbus at Boston | 1/17 7PM EST

RickS

Sep 19, 2005
Matty Ice for the win! Great effort! I'm back on board after last night...Cmac was great and I love Anderson! We haven't had a big time hitter in a long time, dude is a tank! I could see a 53 jersey in my future. 13 back, 3 in hand, not impossible...

Darn, so you're saying your seats are no longer available? :laugh:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Yeah so this sounds fantastic. Won the game for us and we won't see him again for a month.

I'll be so angry if he winds up concussed. Those two goals were not worth him staying in the game.

It won't matter either way man

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008

Yeah so this sounds fantastic. Won the game for us and we won't see him again for a month.

I'll be so angry if he winds up concussed. Those two goals were not worth him staying in the game.

I hope that's not it, but he also has been sick for the last few days. He was a late decision on Friday as well.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
You have to be encouraged the way we stepped it up against very good teams the last couple nights. We did not play this well in our win streak.

Winnipeg is going to be a challenge too, they've been doing a lot of winning, including last game over the Hawks.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Positives:
- Johansen is beastly, even when he's "not." Week by week I'm becoming more comfortable in saying he's a high-end #1 C. Even when he's going through a slump and seems to be floating he's still dangerous. Needs to work on that conditioning though! He always looks gassed after each shift.

- McElhinney was very strong. I guess I can see what JD company like about him, he can play 1 in 10 games and do well. Problem is, do we need someone who can play more? Should we have a backup who is young and has upside?

- Matt Calvert is a very solid part of this team. He needs to be on the 3rd line LW but his work ethic and commitment are very good. He's a guy we should have as a part of the team for a while.

The negatives:
- We got outplayed again. Out shot, out chanced, out possessed, etc. This seems to be less about the talent on the team and more about conditioning. Guys aren't able to skate the puck very well and so they do these long passes that end up as turnovers. As soon as they get the puck in our own end, there's one or two opposing players already on them. I wouldn't say they panic, but too many times have we just looked to dump the puck out right back to Boston's defensemen. This also leads to secondary chances against. We need to be able to skate to create open space and unfortunately guys are looking slow or winded. Not just because tonight was the second game of a back-to-back, but it's been an ongoing thing this season.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Positives:
- Johansen is beastly, even when he's "not." Week by week I'm becoming more comfortable in saying he's a high-end #1 C. Even when he's going through a slump and seems to be floating he's still dangerous. Needs to work on that conditioning though! He always looks gassed after each shift.

- McElhinney was very strong. I guess I can see what JD company like about him, he can play 1 in 10 games and do well. Problem is, do we need someone who can play more? Should we have a backup who is young and has upside?

- Matt Calvert is a very solid part of this team. He needs to be on the 3rd line LW but his work ethic and commitment are very good. He's a guy we should have as a part of the team for a while.

The negatives:
- We got outplayed again. Out shot, out chanced, out possessed, etc. This seems to be less about the talent on the team and more about conditioning. Guys aren't able to skate the puck very well and so they do these long passes that end up as turnovers. As soon as they get the puck in our own end, there's one or two opposing players already on them. I wouldn't say they panic, but too many times have we just looked to dump the puck out right back to Boston's defensemen. This also leads to secondary chances against. We need to be able to skate to create open space and unfortunately guys are looking slow or winded. Not just because tonight was the second game of a back-to-back, but it's been an ongoing thing this season.

He has been seeing a decent amount of ice time. I wonder how much of that has to do with the bulking up he did over the summer. More muscle requires more oxygen.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Positives:

The negatives:

I honestly don't think we got outplayed tonight, outshot yes, but I don't think they outworked us tonight. Agree on Johansen and Calvert, I think CMac could play more than 1 in 10 but he's been very solid the last 2-3 starts since the injury.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I honestly don't think we got outplayed tonight, outshot yes, but I don't think they outworked us tonight. Agree on Johansen and Calvert, I think CMac could play more than 1 in 10 but he's been very solid the last 2-3 starts since the injury.

Agreed on everything but McElhinney ... some of the rebounds he let out were brutal. If the Bruins finish even one of those, I have a feeling it could have snowballed fast.

I think the Jackets really need a better backup next year personally. McElhinney isn't suited for the NHL.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio

He was ill yesterday, so I'm hoping it's a carryover from that

cbjfaninmo

4 those about 2 rock
Mar 17, 2012
Lake of the Ozarks, MO
Agreed on everything but McElhinney ... some of the rebounds he let out were brutal. If the Bruins finish even one of those, I have a feeling it could have snowballed fast.

I think the Jackets really need a better backup next year personally. McElhinney isn't suited for the NHL.

I think we need a better backup too. Our backup needs to be able to give Bob a little more rest. Also, if Bob does get hurt, we need a stronger option at backup. I think this is one of the big "must-dos" this off season...find a legit NHL backup for Bob.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
I think we need a better backup too. Our backup needs to be able to give Bob a little more rest. Also, if Bob does get hurt, we need a stronger option at backup. I think this is one of the big "must-dos" this off season...find a legit NHL backup for Bob.

I think I recall Chicago having a good backup who is buried right now

edit: scott darling

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce