GDT: Game 43: Columbus at Boston | 1/17 7PM EST

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Me too. Hopefully he'll be up with the Jackets for good next season.

Wennberg's improving, which is also nice to see.

He still reminds me of Antoine Vermette. Decent size (6'1") and reach, good speed, can be excellent at face-offs, doesn't shy away from physical play. His hands are what could set him apart though. Vermette had pretty good hands, but Wennberg's could be better along with a better shot if it develops.

He's got higher upside than just being like Vermette, but right now that'd be my conservative estimate. Also, if / when he bulks up and puts on muscle then his career could go in any direction and his game could change completely. It's hard to anticipate what a player will be like after that Junior -> Pro growth spurt that we tend to see like with Voracek and Johansen.

Last edited:

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Bit disappointed Prout and Lucic didn't settle things once and for all but I was just happy to end their 5 game winning streak.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
He still reminds me of Antoine Vermette. Decent size (6'1") and reach, good speed, can be excellent at face-offs, doesn't shy away from physical play. His hands are what could set him apart though. Vermette had pretty good hands, but Wennberg's could be better along with a better shot if it develops.

He's got higher upside than just being like Vermette, but right now that'd be my conservative estimate. Also, if / when he bulks up and puts on muscle then his career could go in any direction and his game could change completely. It's hard to anticipate what a player will be like after that Junior -> Pro growth spurt that we tend to see like with Voracek and Johansen.

I'm sorry but the word physical should never be in the same sentence as Wennberg. I understand you stated that he doesn't shy away from physical play. Now if you were to say that Wennberg is physical then... I'd disagree entirely. He is the furthest thing from physical. He is dubbed as a playmaker with great IQ and vision.... that's just his style of play. anyone who thinks Wennberg is physical is either watching a different person or has an entirely different definition of physical than myself.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Wennberg's thrown some hits, but he isn't strong enough, at least not yet, to make any difference with it.

On another note, Joey used to be more physical.. now avoids hitting if at all possible.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Big win.... that said, the current Boston team is struggling to make the playoffs and not what they once were, I predicted a CBJ win off the boards.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Carnac.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: