GDT: Game #43: CGY @ VAN: The worst GDT that ever was

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Ortio robbed the Canucks. Wasn't the best defense tonight but they did a great job clearing rebounds, but the team still allows to many chances.

Ashera

Bärtschi Fan~!!
Nov 16, 2013
Airdrie
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. you don't want people knowing that its Kipper just younger. ;)

Thank you for calling it out, hockey gods.. don't curse us, I sacrificed wonderful 5-star dinner for us.. let Ortio feel the flame, that man can handle it!

Okay, euphoria aside, what do we have next? Coyotes, yep.. I think we got em on heart and speed. Sharks, ugh, I hate that team too.. but do I think we can win? Heck yes, I know we can.

I wanna see a dirty Wideman squirm, he needs to start shooting hard again.

:yo:

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Thank you for calling it out, hockey gods.. don't curse us, I sacrificed wonderful 5-star dinner for us.. let Ortio feel the flame, that man can handle it!

Okay, euphoria aside, what do we have next? Coyotes, yep.. I think we got em on heart and speed. Sharks, ugh, I hate that team too.. but do I think we can win? Heck yes, I know we can.

I wanna see a dirty Wideman squirm, he needs to start shooting hard again.

:yo:

Yes, please oh hockey gods do not curse us for my transgression. take it out on me, not the team. Ashera already sacked a 5 star meal, that's payment enough :nod:
this isn't the goalie you were looking for....
Please usher unto Ortio the essence and spirit of Kippper. :nod:

but yeah, the Yotes though always give us issues, especially Mike "Flame Killer" Ribeiro... :cry:

Ashera

Bärtschi Fan~!!
Nov 16, 2013
Airdrie
Oh man, can we not love Hartley sound bites more?? What a great interview! I really hope Ortio gets the start against the Desert Dogs, he earned it.

Ashera

Bärtschi Fan~!!
Nov 16, 2013
Airdrie
Oh okay, I thought there was a post-gamer on tv somewhere. What did Hartley say?

Spoke highly of Backlund, gave praise to Ortio -- called him an all-star in the AHL and said he was calm and focused. He was aloof on the next starter, but let's be honest.. it's going to be Ortio.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
That joke.

Sometimes it gets old. ;)

xr1qfIG.gif

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
This. Game. Was. Glorious.

Ortio was a monster. I especially loved everyone celebrating the Canucks' "goal" so naively when anyone with a half a brain already knew it wasn't going to count.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Also, Engelland was okay positionally today and always makes the smart play, but he just doesn't have the raw talent that other guys do. Which, of course, we already knew, but I think we all hoped the talent gap would be a lot smaller than it was. Diaz would be a good defenceman if he had any physical aspect to his game at all. He plays a lot like Russell, except if Russell was carrying around a priceless Faberge egg and was afraid to break it.

Gaudreau from up high is something to watch. His IQ is off the chart. The takeaway stat makes a lot of sense when you watch him from that angle. I think the Canucks passed to him at least three times tonight because he knows where they want to go before they even do.

I think there were a lot of good things that Monahan was able to do in this game even without scoring. He's very steady in transition and doesn't get beat often. Glencross had a rough game and it hurt the line as a whole.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
This. Game. Was. Glorious.

Ortio was a monster. I especially loved everyone celebrating the Canucks' "goal" so naively when anyone with a half a brain already knew it wasn't going to count.
At the time that actually made me think Henrik Sedin knew the only (tiny) chance he'd get away with it was if he celebrated as if he didn't touch it. If he'd have looked straight at the ref, the chance would have dropped to zero.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
AS, you're always on the money in your post game assessments, that's a great summary of last night.

How good is Ortio feeling today, what allstar game? His confidence is probably as high as the Empire State Building. I'm super happy for him. I thought the Flames responded well after that mess we played against the Panthers. The Nucks did have some chances, but Orts was there, we played a far more disciplined game overall. Thank God we won, losing last night would of been a huge blow to this team.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
I find Engelland is much better when he has a player like Diaz with him. Him and Smid look horrendous, really haven't liked Smid at all this year, I would trade him if we can.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad