GDT: Game #43: CGY @ VAN: The worst GDT that ever was

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I find Engelland is much better when he has a player like Diaz with him. Him and Smid look horrendous, really haven't liked Smid at all this year, I would trade him if we can.

It's like Jekyll and Hyde from last year. Although most of last year he got to play with Wideman.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Personally I'd much rather move Engelland over Smid (if we could). Smid has had a rough year but I feel it's mostly been due to him playing with Engelland and their lack of foot speed is being exposed big time. Smid was excellent last year, but he needs to be put in a position where he can succeed.

I'm not big on Diaz either, I expected more out of him. I'd really like to see a trade made to address the issue.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
There's still half a season left. I'm not convinced that neither Ramo or Hiller have proven themselves a goaltending spot for next year. We'll see what happens.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Give them a couple more months than trade whichever one has more value.

Ramo is more consistent and stable while Hiller has the higher ceiling but also the lower floor. If a team wants a goalie with term, trade Hiller. If they want a soon to be UFA, trade Ramo.

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Yes, please oh hockey gods do not curse us for my transgression. take it out on me, not the team. Ashera already sacked a 5 star meal, that's payment enough :nod:
this isn't the goalie you were looking for....
Please usher unto Ortio the essence and spirit of Kippper. :nod:

but yeah, the Yotes though always give us issues, especially Mike "Flame Killer" Ribeiro... :cry:

[NHL]644248[/NHL]

So sorry… :naughty:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Give them a couple more months than trade whichever one has more value.

Ramo is more consistent and stable while Hiller has the higher ceiling but also the lower floor. If a team wants a goalie with term, trade Hiller. If they want a soon to be UFA, trade Ramo.

Exactly my thoughts at this point, unless something unlikely falls on our lap we cannot say no to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad