GDT: Game 43: Blues @ Coyotes - FSAZ, ESPN+ - 7PM MST

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Yet they keep missing icing calls. One of those misses might result in a goal.

Icing is more of a judgment call. Gaining the zone involves the blueline, so it's pretty easy to determine if it was correct or not. For player safety reasons, refs are pretty tight with icings, as we are seeing tonight.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
It was textbook interference. Blues player baited him into it by not touching the puck. Just poorly timed by Fisch.

I dunno.

I always wonder how similar that is to a puck that gets dumped in against the end boards, and a defenseman pulls up to play the body of the incoming forward. In both instances, each player is advancing to where the puck is headed and the puck is roughly within a stick length of the player. Seems like the intent is the same in both plays, bit one never/rarely gets called. I could understand a little more if the Blues were the team with the outlet pass, but it seems like the intent of Dunn was to play the body of where the puck was going, the same as Fischer did.

Was the puck further away than what it appeared? Or am I misinterpreting the application of the rule in this instance?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad