GDT: Game 43: Blues @ Coyotes - FSAZ, ESPN+ - 7PM MST

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
They have outplayed the Blues at ES in pretty much every game but some individual efforts from ROR and Faulk in particular are the difference.

Reactions: moosemeister

technoviking

Whatever's Clever
Aug 14, 2013
Scottsdale
They have outplayed the Blues at ES in pretty much every game but some individual efforts from ROR and Faulk in particular are the difference.
I agree, I don’t think the blues are close to what they were the past two years. You can actually see the lack of pietrangelo

Reactions: cobra427

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Another game I am not pissed off about. Thats five straight of good compete and we didnt look like shit. Hopefully tomorrow is the same just a different outcome.

Reactions: Name Nameless

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
I thought St. Louis made an effort to nullify Dvo tonight and they did it well, barely heard his name.

Reactions: Jakey53

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Well we played well. We look just as good as the Blues which is great to see.

That GWG was annoying. OEL and Goligoski got too aggressive on the rush. Looked bad as soon as OEL jumped in then looked like he was hooked/interfered with coming back.

Chaos in the D zone with two forwards playing D then trying to get back into structure.

Reactions: cobra427

BigJCaRoach

I howl
Sponsor
Oct 5, 2005
The Desert
Maybe the most frustrated at officials I’ve been.

I thought schmaltz played poorly putting himself out of position at times and getting too cute with his passes

I thought bush played very well in person as did oyster

overall we played well

I’d love to have a minute of those referees time ;)

Reactions: RemoAZ

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
Not a bad game overall. If lybushkin waited just a half second longer before entering the zone so Fischer would be onside this would’ve probably had a different result.

This would have been a great game to get some offense from guys like Brassard/Kessel but at least the 4th line chipped in I guess

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
Very strong game by both teams. Highly entertaining hockey game.

Not terribly upset about the result. I thought both teams executed their game plans well which resulted in a game that could’ve gone either way.

Still love watching that top line. Serious threat to score almost every shift it seems. If they can maintain this play all year I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Yotes fighting for the #3 seed.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I agree, I don’t think the blues are close to what they were the past two years. You can actually see the lack of pietrangelo
I agree, and let's not forget they caught lightening in the bottle the year they won the cup. They are a good team, but not a great team.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I thought I had seen that Bortuzzo move before...the Reverse Bortuzzo @ 1:39

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Goligoski looked more alive in this game than at any point this season. He did f*** up bad a couple of times (one shift in particular) but I think maybe the Demers benching woke him up a little. Getting health bombed in a contract year is not great for negotiations when you’re in your 30s.

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012

I thought this might happen. are they going to look at Bortuzzo too? Probably not. NHL Player Safety excels at inconsistency. Larsson's hit was inadvertent in that he didn't target the head. Bortuzzo's was not.

Blues fans were not happy that this hit that injured Bortuzzo in January was not reviewed, and I agree. The Colorado player comes up high with his shoulder and makes contact with the head. Bortuzzo was injured...missed games. Why no review?

Reactions: BigJCaRoach

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Goligoski looked more alive in this game than at any point this season. He did f*** up bad a couple of times (one shift in particular) but I think maybe the Demers benching woke him up a little. Getting health bombed in a contract year is not great for negotiations when you’re in your 30s.
I thought he was dismal.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Ah, yes. The new NHL where you are free to whack a player in the face with your stick from the bench as he skates by, but a larger player skating into you with his head will get you suspended.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad