GDT: Game #43 - Anders Lindback: Astrojet

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
If gas wasn't as cheap as it is right now. I'd be giving my tickets away. I can't believe I'm going to see this trainwreck on Saturday.

Fire the whole coaching staff and pay Babcock whatever he ****ing wants. Get people here to get this team into ****ing check, no way should the talent on the ice should be this abysmal. PP, special teams, whichever.

Primetimey*

Just goes to show that even if this team plays their best game, they need a break to win.

It feels like the central division teams have done this to us 6 or 7 times already this year. We have 9 one goal loses in the division despite outshooting and out chancing the opposition on aggregate in those games.

It's just rotten luck on a night like tonight.

Rotten luck for a lot of the season, two Chicago games, this game.. others we outplay the hell out of a team and lose because of a stupid bounce or single play.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Rotten luck for a lot of the season, two Chicago games, this game.. others we outplay the hell out of a team and lose because of a stupid bounce or single play.

Yeah and I don't say we have the worst luck in the league - not even close. Minnesota and Carolina are miles ahead of everyone else when considering what's happened to them this season. But holy **** does our team "just" miss a lot of wins where we outplay and in a lot of cases dominate.

It's now 20 games we've outshot the opposition, and we've won 7 of them.

on the other hand, we've won 10 out of 21 games where we've been outshot.

If we had even the same 10 wins out of 20 (or 21, close enough) our playoff picture looks completely different this year. But this team can not win games when the math says they have every chance to.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
The Stars looked really really really good that game.
That was just a anomaly with Jet goaltending.

I agree with you- I get that it's a big loss and I get that people want Fraser gone. I still thought we looked good, had a bit of trouble finishing completely and ran into a hot tender. If only we played like this every game and had a little more luck in spots. Rough loss. :\

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
Also Lindback played better than I could have ever expected, even if that only means mostly average. He wasn't abysmal.

MetalGodAOD*

At least Joride only got 11 min TOI guys.

Sceviour with 6 min TOI? Ruff must have given him primary blame for the first goal against.

MetalGodAOD*

Idk. Washington is a really good team. The only way i think we win is the off chance that Kari finds his groove again.

MetalGodAOD*

On Winnipeg’s first goal:

“I saw that we had five guys back, they had two and our young defensemen didn’t have any coverage. That’s part of the growth process with young defensemen. I don’t think we were quite ready for the play and just like that it ended up in the back of our net.”

Yeaaa way more than Klingberg lost coverage there Ruff. What a joke.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
It's like if you're older than 27 you get an automatic pass, except Hemsky, but if you're younger you've got to suffer though scratches, random line changes, limited minutes and weeks in the doghouse for one bad play. It's reaching critical levels of absurdity.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I was pretty disappointed in what I saw from Scevior so I'm not going to complain about him only getting 6 minutes.

If Ruff is going to blame the rookies for that goal, who gets blamed for putting them on the same pairing?

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Since Lindback was starting I decided to mark this one off as a loss and watch my other teams win instead. I did catch some of the game but not much. Dear ****ing lord that shortie. 8 PPs and zero goals ? How does that even happen ? Seems like this was a good one to skip

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Klingberg is blamed for the 1st goal against. He sees no real PP time in a game they go 0/7 on the man advantage and still somehow sees about 20 minutes of even strength ice time.

I'm really trying to understand the thinking behind their usage of Klingberg. Making very little sense lately.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Seems like this was a good one to skip

It really wasn't. The Stars, while snakebitten as hell, showed how they could absolutely dominate a team. The Jets hardly did anything after the first period because Dallas buckled them in the passenger seat.

cizko

Feb 10, 2009
In that case the PP failure is so much more magnified. It really shouldn't have gone 0 for 7.

jason9090spezza

Oct 19, 2014
Japan
I'm actually not that mad about the loss. The team played better, but because of Pavelic and the Jet's defense being timely at some occasions, this team just couldn't score the goal.

I actually really liked how the team played in this game. We would have won against any team if it wasn't for Pavelic that night IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad