BRUINS GDT GAME 43 7:07 PM - MINNESOTA - NESN, SN, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Nope, don`t have to be at a game live to understand why the "chant" hasn`t begun or has been difficult to start up. It`s well recognized that the TD and it`s fans, when entertained and the team is doing well, have a vocal fan base. I watched the majority of the games last year, perhaps not prior to the Christmas season but after, once all those bodies returned from injury, the team was healthy, scoring and winning, those same fans began the chant that you seem to think/feel is vital to enjoy the sporting experience.

I`ve been to, if I were guessing, 250 Bruin games in Boston over all the years of being a fan who lives in Canada and traveled often to your great city, seen as many games in the REAL Garden and now the TD, not once did I feel the fans had no energy. When this team plays dull hockey or isn`t scoring, I`m sorry, you can`t expect or ask a fan to manufacture fake noise

How about you just try and enjoy the game and worry less about beginning a chant?
Well I for one can't understand the crowd being quiet for 15 wins out of 20 games at home. Maybe they have been 'dull' in all those wins, but man I'd be going nuts at a Bruins game 1-0, 2-1 whatever as long as they're up. Maybe because I haven't been lucky enough to attend yet....

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA
Nope, don`t have to be at a game live to understand why the "chant" hasn`t begun or has been difficult to start up. It`s well recognized that the TD and it`s fans, when entertained and the team is doing well, have a vocal fan base. I watched the majority of the games last year, perhaps not prior to the Christmas season but after, once all those bodies returned from injury, the team was healthy, scoring and winning, those same fans began the chant that you seem to think/feel is vital to enjoy the sporting experience.

I`ve been to, if I were guessing, 250 Bruin games in Boston over all the years of being a fan who lives in Canada and traveled often to your great city, seen as many games in the REAL Garden and now the TD, not once did I feel the fans had no energy. When this team plays dull hockey or isn`t scoring, I`m sorry, you can`t expect or ask a fan to manufacture fake noise

How about you just try and enjoy the game and worry less about beginning a chant?

Okay from now on I won't try to cheer on the team.

Also, do you really believe that crowd noise doesn't play a factor?

Last edited:

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Well I for one can't understand the crowd being quiet for 15 wins out of 20 games at home. Maybe they have been 'dull' in all those wins, but man I'd be going nuts at a Bruins game 1-0, 2-1 whatever as long as they're up. Maybe because I haven't been lucky enough to attend yet....

I’m with you here. I think this goes far beyond the Bruins fanbase, though. As a matter of fact, I’ve talked to plenty of opposing fans who actually think the TD Garden is an overall loud rink.

I think the reality is sad: the crowd generally only gets really into the game when things are already going really well. Frustration generally trumps fandom when the team could probably use home ice advantage the most. A lot of fanbases, but absolutely Boston, has negativity running through it inherently. I’ve lived enough other places to notice this. Boston fans (other than when it comes to the Pats) hate on their teams more than any other city. That being said, we also make players into heros perhaps quicker than any other city when things go well, so there’s two sides of the coin.

My dream is that pro sports crowds In Boston morph into the energy filled stadiums of D1 football teams, but I don’t see it happening.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

The entire point of sports chants was not a reaction to good play. It was a selfless way to participate for the fans by trying to get their team to play better by cheering. That seems to almost be gone in culture nowadays. Nows its "we cheer if you do something good otherwise get me another beer while I play candy crush on my phone sitting in my $300 seats"

Reactions: BMC and MetM

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
crowd reminds me of the games i went to back in 1997. i dont think oi would go to a reg season game this year if somebody gave me tickets.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Goals obviously get the crowd riled up.......fights are another. Not that I want to re-open the fighting discussion (there's already a thread for that), but I do have a question: when was the last time a member of the Bs got into and won a fight? I honestly can't remember. Miller tried the other night, but Frolik wussed out and clearly wanted no part of him.

Reactions: Camjams

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Goals obviously get the crowd riled up.......fights are another. Not that I want to re-open the fighting discussion (there's already a thread for that), but I do have a question: when was the last time a member of the Bs got into and won a fight? I honestly can't remember. Miller tried the other night, but Frolik wussed out and clearly wanted no part of him.
Honest answer, the last time a Bruin came out on the winning side of a fight was October 11th, Miller vs Khaira. The last actual fight was Kuraly getting his head busted in by Harpur, and that was on the 9th of December.

Basically everything since then has either been a Bruin getting murked, or 2 punches thrown and both guys fall down.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
crowd reminds me of the games i went to back in 1997. i dont think oi would go to a reg season game this year if somebody gave me tickets.
It's definitely a quieter bunch it seems, at least through the TV. They are winning games, they're in good shape, but they're far from an exciting group of guys to watch, outside of the first line. There's not much nasty to this team anymore, and whether people want to believe it or not, that plays a factor with the crowd.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
It's definitely a quieter bunch it seems, at least through the TV. They are winning games, they're in good shape, but they're far from an exciting group of guys to watch, outside of the first line. There's not much nasty to this team anymore, and whether people want to believe it or not, that plays a factor with the crowd.
Absolutely agree.

Reactions: Dueling Banjos

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I don't like Minnesota. It has nothing to do with recent years or the current team. It's just that I remember every time we played them from 2002-2012 or so it was an incredibly boring 1-0 loss. Also, I hate their jerseys.

Reactions: Nothingbutglass

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
So Backes on the Second line. Kid line listed as the third playing less than the 4th line?

Can anyone tell me what the D pairs were last game?
I like that he’s keeping the kid line together, allowing them to build something. Hopefully they can take on bigger minutes if they manage to get out of their own zone more consistently. The way the “4th line” played lately they have earned every minute they got.

I could see Backes and Donato alternating between 2nd and 3rd if the kids continue to struggle in their own end, but I’d prefer the lines as is for a little while to at least see if the kids can get something going. They had a few very promising sequences last game that never ended up in the net but would have with a little more luck.

Tmac37

Apr 1, 2018
Formerly Tmac21
Was at Game 1 and 2 against the Leafs last year, could tell after warm ups in Game 2 the Bruins were going to rout, the crowd was great right from the start.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I usually don't participate in chants/cheers unless it's a playoff game or a super high stakes/energy point in the game and I get carried away. Just not how I prefer to watch hockey and enjoy myself at a game.
I think that's fair - it's hard for me to chime in on how to act during a game because my next Bruins game will be my first and I plan to be as energetic as possible (in Toronto) and let Leafs fans have it. I feel like I'd be even louder in Boston, but again if I saw many games over my life time I'm sure it would be a bit different.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Any bets on whether we will have a goal disallowed tonight or have the Wild score a goal that shouldn't count. With us closing in on Toronto I guess we can expect even more calls to go against us.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad