GDT: GAME #43 - 1/8 5 PM - BRUINS at Whalercanes | NESN, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The National Hockey League confirmed Sunday that the game between the Carolina Hurricanes and Boston Bruins on Sunday at 5 p.m. will be played as scheduled. Both teams and the NHL officials are in Raleigh.

North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper declared a State of Emergency in conjunction with the winter storm that passed through the state on Saturday. Fans uncomfortable traveling to PNC Arena for today's game may exchange their unused tickets for any remaining regular-season Hurricanes home game, with the exception of Jan. 20. All exchanges must be handled at the PNC Arena Box Office, regardless of where the tickets were purchased.

C1pwyhJXcAA93La.jpg:large

rrV3G0P.jpg

ZvfUtjM.jpg

nVuyZTl.jpg
UlaBXQg.jpg

PNC_Arena_Exterior_Night.jpg

Tonight's Officials

130p_kowal.jpg
130p_sutherland.jpg

Referees Tom Kowal (32), Kelly Sutherland (11)
Linesmen Matt MacPherson (83), Ryan Daisy (81)

Ntl. Anthem Amanda Bell

Siren Sounder Elliott Avent

WAYBACK MACHINE

TONIGHT’S GAME

The Bruins visit the Hurricanes tonight in the 3rd and final game between these teams and the 2nd of 2 at PNC Arena … The Bruins are 21-17-4 thus far this season with a 12-7-4 mark on the road … They are 4-5-4 vs. Metropolitan Division opponents and are 16-10-4 vs. Eastern Conference teams this season.

They are playing game 3 tonight of their 10th and game 2 of their 11th of 16 sets of 3-games-in-4-nights, as they hosted EDM on Thursday, played in FLA last night, in CAR tonight & in STL on Tuesday … They are currently 5-5-1 in game 1s, 4-4-2 in game 2s and 3-5-1 in game 3s of these series.

The Bruins are concluding tonight their 8th of 14 sets of back-to-back games … They are 4-2-2 in the 1st game of those sets and are 1-5-1 in the 2nd game thus far.

BOSTON vs CAROLINA, LIFETIME SERIES

The Bruins and Hurricanes are meeting for the 197th time in their histories (includes totals as Hartford Whalers) with the Bruins having a 104-70-16-6 record and 661-566 scoring advantage in those games.

The Bruins are 47-38-9-3 in their 97 road games of this lifetime series with a 326-310 scoring edge in those contests.

The Bruins have taken points out of their last 11 games vs. the Hurricanes at 7-0-4, including a 2-1 shootout win in Boston on 12/1 & 3-2 OT loss in Carolina on 12/23 in the 1st 2 games of this season’s series, with their last regulation loss to Carolina a 4-2 road setback on Apr. 13, 2013 ... They are 3-0-2 in their last 5 visits to Raleigh and they are 10-4-2 in their last 16 road games vs. the Hurricanes.

Fun Facts: The Bruins are 34-29-3-6 vs. Carolina since they relocated from Hartford at the start of the 1997-98 season … Neither of these teams has shut out the other in Raleigh with the last road shutout by Boston a 3-0 Bill Ranford win on Feb. 14, 1996 & last home blanking by Carolina a 2-0 Sean Burke victory on Apr. 13, 1996.

INJURIES (113 total man-games lost)

Matt Beleskey – Right knee; 6 wks from time of 12/3 injury; Has missed 17 games (IR)
John-Michael Liles – Concussion; Has missed 20 games (IR)

MILESTONES APPROACHING

David Krejci is 2 points short of his 500th NHL point.
Jimmy Hayes is 2 points short of his 100th NHL point.
Ryan Spooner is 3 points shy of his 100th NHL point.
Dominic Moore is 3 goals shy of his 100th NHL goal.

https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20162017/[email protected]?1483850747000

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Carolina lines courtesy of the Canes board

#53 Skinner (A) - #49 Rask - #8 Rattie
#20 Aho - #86 Teravainen - #21 Stempniak
#23 McGinn - #11 Staal (A) - #33 Ryan
#42 Nordstrom - #18 McClement - #25 Stalberg

#74 Slavin - #22 Pesce
#65 Hainsey - #27 Faulk (A)
#5 Hanifin - #26 Tennyson

#30 Ward
#32 Leighton

Scratches
#6 Dahlbeck - Healthy
#7 Murphy - Healthy
#15 - Nestrasil - Healthy
#16 Lindholm - Upper Body
#29 Bickell - Multiple Sclerosis
#31 Lack - Concussion

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
First regulation win this season for the backup is long overdue.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Probably get tired or hearing/saying this, but it is must win for the Bs. They've got to pick of the low hanging fruit whenever it is available. Plus we are fast approaching the point where every game against a conference opponent is a must win.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Just read in Prohockey site that the league would not postpone even thought they have declared a state of emergency in Carolina. Bruins are apparently there and the Canes already have another game to make up on the schedule because of the ice problem the had a while back and had to cancel that game.

Make the most of an empty arena and get the 2 points. That's all that matters. Just the same, hope the folks in Carolina stay safe. Different situation for most there than for those of us living further north.

Let's Go Bruins!

Edit: apologies Feway as obviously didn't read your intro closely enough.

Last edited:

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
My wishlist: McIntyre with a solid start (2 maybe 3 at most against) and the offensive scores 4 or more.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
The last few years the Bruins have played a lot of "flat" games against Carolina. This should be a good test for the B's. Hopefully they come out with energy and inspired play. Build on yesterday's win and pick up another 2 points in regulation.

On a different note, I just left Banner Elk in the mountains of western North Carolina Friday afternoon just before the storm hit. (Drove back to Florida). People there use to snow, but the rest of the state not so much. Beautiful up there though, right at the base of Sugar Mountain.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Hopefully the Bs can get a couple early goals and take some of the pressure off of McIntyre. They cannot afford to give up two points against teams like Carolina much more and hope to make the playoffs.

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
I missed the game last night because I took my brother to see Rogue One at Patriot Place. I had ordered the tix online when the snow totals were predicted to be a lot less and didn't want to waste the money. We had a good time, just took it slow. I have to drive to work no matter what the weather, so...

Glad to hear they played a good game. They'll probably be tired today with the short turnaround. I cleaned off my car early so that I could stay in and watch TV today. :)

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
The last few years the Bruins have played a lot of "flat" games against Carolina. This should be a good test for the B's. Hopefully they come out with energy and inspired play. Build on yesterday's win and pick up another 2 points in regulation.

On a different note, I just left Banner Elk in the mountains of western North Carolina Friday afternoon just before the storm hit. (Drove back to Florida). People there use to snow, but the rest of the state not so much. Beautiful up there though, right at the base of Sugar Mountain.

"Oh to live on Sugar Mountain
With the barkers and the colored balloons
You can't be twenty on Sugar Mountain
Though you're thinking that you're leaving there too soon
You're leaving there too soon"

Neil Young -

Sorry...Couldn't help myself.

I wonder if any B's fans are there ?

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :handclap::handclap:

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Carolina games are usually a bit painful to watch.

Would love to see this team put together a win without Rask....maybe in regulation even. God forbid.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
looking like Liles is replacing Colin Miller. :cry:

I knew it would happen but I guess a part of me hoped Claude had turned a corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad