BRUINS GDT GAME 43 1:08 PM - The Devils return - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN+, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1705290688700.png

1705290719608.png

1705290764135.png

1705291042675.png

Today's Officials

1705291188517.png
1705291224219.png

Referees Kevin Pollock (33), Corey Syvret (23)
Linespersons Kyle Flemington (55), Steve Barton (59)

TODAY’S GAME-The Bruins host the Devils today in the third and final game between these teams this season and the second of two Devils visits to TD Garden this year ... The Bruins are 25-8- 9 overall this season and they are 12-3-3 on home ice ... They are 15-6-4 in games vs. Eastern Conference teams this season.- The Bruins are playing today their fourth of 11 matinees this season (local time 4:00 pm or earlier) ... They have a 1-2-0 record in afternoon games so far .-The Bruins open a five-game home vs. New Jersey today ... They will continue with Colorado on 1/18, with Montreal on 1/20, with Winnipeg on 1/22 and with Carolina on 1/24.

INJURIES (79 Man-games lost)- Matt Poitras: Day-to-day- Linus Ullmark: Day-to-day- Brandon Carlo: IR- Derek Forbort: LTIR

MILESTONES APPROACHING- Pavel Zacha is 1 goal shy of his 100th NHL goal.- Brandon Carlo is 4 points short of his 100th NHL point.- Hampus Lindholm is 6 points shy of his 300th NHL point.- Jim Montgomery is ten wins short of his 100th win behind the Boston bench.- Brad Marchand is 11 games short of becoming the eighth Bruin in team history to play his 1,000th NHL game with the team.

PLAYER CAREER SEASON-HIGHS APPROACHING- Morgan Geekie is 1 goal short of tying his career season-high in goals (9 in 2022-23)- Oskar Steen is 1 goal short of tying his career season-high in goals (2 in 2021-22)- Matt Grzelcyk is 3 goals short of tying his career season-high in goals (5 in 2020-21)- Brandon Carlo is 4 goals short of tying his career season-high in goals (6 in 2016-17 and 2021-22)- Jakub Lauko is 4 goals short of tying his career season-high in goals (4 in 2022-23)- Jakub Lauko is 4 points short of tying his career season-high in points (7 in 2022-23)-Trent Frederic is 4 assists short of tying his career season-high in assists (14 in 2022-23)- Oskar Steen is 4 assists short of tying his career season-high in assists (4 in 2021-22)-Trent Frederic is 5 goals short of tying his career season-high in goals (17 in 2022-23)- Oskar Steen is 5 points short of tying his career season-high in points (6 in 2021-22)

BOSTON vs NEW JERSEY, LIFETIME SERIES- The Bruins and Devils are meeting for the 178th time in their histories with a 99-45-19-14 record and a 584-453 scoring advantage in those games.- The Bruins are 53-23-8-7 lifetime in 87 home games with a 315-243 scoring edge in those contests.- The Bruins are 9-0-2 in their last 11 meetings with the Devils, including a 2-1 OT road setback on 12/13 and a 5-2 home win on 12/30​

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Back home. We finally beat the OT west coast curse. We are free. So like the genie in Aladdin, we are free. Control our destiny. Play hard. Play smart. Quick passes. Shots to the net. No fancy shit. Get greasy! Battle in front of the net. Battle on the boards. Get the puck out of the zone when it needs to. And NO injuries please! Let's get it!

You already know the drill.
giphy.gif

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Andy Brickley has been vocal about the B's needing to pay attention to details.

This game will be a good test, since we all know the Devil is in the details. ;)

Kidding aside, if Poitras plays, be aware of Brendan Smith.

Shot-mentality and they can score on Vanacek.

Curious to see Swayman out of the usual rotation. He kicked out a few more rebounds than usual against St. Louis and the disallowed Hayes goal was one he usually has.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Andy Brickley has been vocal about the B's needing to pay attention to details.

This game will be a good test, since we all know the Devil is in the details. ;)

Kidding aside, if Poitras plays, be aware of Brendan Smith.

Shot-mentality and they can score on Vanacek.

Curious to see Swayman out of the usual rotation. He kicked out a few more rebounds than usual against St. Louis and the disallowed Hayes goal was one he usually has.

Ha ha. I do love this song.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Ha ha. I do love this song.

I dig it - cool, beat, too!

I wasn't familiar with Placebo; apparently they've done well but never really broke in the States?

Either way, we'll hope the details of penalty killing are better, as well as line changes. I could tell DeBrusk was mad at himself for jumping over the boards, and his effort was solid afterward.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I dig it - cool, beat, too!

I wasn't familiar with Placebo; apparently they've done well but never really broke in the States?

Either way, we'll hope the details of penalty killing are better, as well as line changes. I could tell DeBrusk was mad at himself for jumping over the boards, and his effort was solid afterward.

Yeah I think that's right. America is like the holy grail for British and Australian bands because it's a notoriously hard market to crack. Every now and then someone manages it but it's rare. By alternative band standards Placebo were big and flirting with genuine mainstream success in the UK and Europe in the early 2000s (they even collaborated with David Bowie who was a friend and fan) but like so many bands these days their heyday is long past and they're still just churning out songs and shows that are fine enough but lack the old spark. Anyway if you're into any sort of indie/glam rock stuff their back catalogue is full of gems and worth checking out.

As for the Bruins, yeah some things to tighten up, hopefully they can. Feels like the team has never been able to get settled into any sort of consistent roster or lines or assignments of late, and that's been a battle, but it's part and parcel of hockey too, so just have to push through. Tough little home stand here, the less self-inflicted wounds they can deal themselves, the better off they'll be against some strong opponents who won't ask twice to take advantage of any favors thrown their way.

• Love
Reactions: Aeroforce

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Thousands of tickets for resale but none of the prices have dropped. Kind of want to go in with my GF last minute but too expensive and I need to take my mom out for her birthday tonight. This should be a good game though.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
In the East, only the Panthers and Canes have more points in their last 10 games than the Bruins. And the Bruins are the only team in the NHL with fewer than 10 losses in regulation.

And if they dont figure it out, the Leafs could be out of the top 3 in the ATL attic - and maybe even a wildcard spot - with this schedule for the rest of the month:
41FE33EE-F4EF-4994-B3C9-FC04DA393AF1.jpeg

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Thousands of tickets for resale but none of the prices have dropped. Kind of want to go in with my GF last minute but too expensive and I need to take my mom out for her birthday tonight. This should be a good game though.
The cool thing I just found out, is that you can’t use Ticketmaster gift cards on resale tickets!

That was a real nice surprise.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
The Devils lineup SHOULD BE

Haula-Hischier-Mercer
Toffoli-McLeod-Bratt
Tierney-Lazar-Holtz
Willman-Bowers-Bastian

Smith-Nemec
Hughes-Marino
Bahl-Miller

Daws

Injured:
Jack Hughes
Ondrej Palat
Timo Meier
Dougie Hamilton
Jonas Siegenthaler
Tomas Nosek

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
The Devils lineup SHOULD BE

Haula-Hischier-Mercer
Toffoli-McLeod-Bratt
Tierney-Lazar-Holtz
Willman-Bowers-Bastian

Smith-Nemec
Hughes-Marino
Bahl-Miller

Daws

Injured:
Jack Hughes
Ondrej Palat
Timo Meier
Dougie Hamilton
Jonas Siegenthaler
Tomas Nosek

Injured list is a great team.

Lazar as 3rd line center.

B's will need to be really off their game to get this one to OT.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ

A couple of guys are playing banged up too. This is karma from last season Ondrej Palat was the only guy that missed significant time. I am just hoping they stay afloat til everyone comes back and they will be fine. Meier probably 1-2 weeks. Hughes 2-3 weeks. Palat 3-4 weeks. Hamilton not til playoffs and Siegenthaler just broke his foot last week so who knows.

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023

Jack Hughes out but they still have Luke and rumor has it the Devils are looking for Howard to play the elbow on the PP.

Reactions: BMC

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
In the East, only the Panthers and Canes have more points in their last 10 games than the Bruins. And the Bruins are the only team in the NHL with fewer than 10 losses in regulation.

And if they dont figure it out, the Leafs could be out of the top 3 in the ATL attic - and maybe even a wildcard spot - with this schedule for the rest of the month:
View attachment 803474
Love to see them not make the playoffs,but they’re a better road team the trip might be better for them.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
A couple of guys are playing banged up too. This is karma from last season Ondrej Palat was the only guy that missed significant time. I am just hoping they stay afloat til everyone comes back and they will be fine. Meier probably 1-2 weeks. Hughes 2-3 weeks. Palat 3-4 weeks. Hamilton not til playoffs and Siegenthaler just broke his foot last week so who knows.

If they sneak in the playoffs and are healthy, they will be the classic "team no one wants to play".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad