GDT: Game 42 - The Bear shot JR Ewing - Dallas at BRUINS | 1:07 PM NESN, NHL (US), SN, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
Have we reached a conclusion on whether or not we lost the Seguin Trade? And if so, how badly?

Sorry to bring it up but I need a little peace of mind and closure. This bothers me a whole lot more than the Dougie Hamilton/Debrusk/Barzal 2015 thing.

We lost it terribly. We seem to have done much better with the return on Hamilton than the return on Seguin. Not to mention Seguin is 10x the player Hamilton is.

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
What does that have to do with the Bruins losing the Seguin trade?

Neely didn't like Seguin ("if Tyler gives us 1/2 of Kane we win that cup"). Claude didn't like Seguin, didn't fit his system wasn't good enough defensively as a C for Claude (seems Claude had this problem with lots of offensive C prospects). Chiarelli felt like he needed to win now, thought Eriksson was going to be a 30-30 guy at least for a few years.

Add in Seguin rumors(wont get into details here) and his purported off ice shenanigans. If you know a girl between the ages of 18-25 that lived in Boston in 2011-2013 they probably know Tyler.

Chia pulled the gun and Chia sucks at trading for NHL talent (He's done good trading for futures). It's as bad or worse than the Thornton trade IMO.

Edit: I definitely quoted the wrong post lol.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Yes, I get that. But I don't understand bringing up Edmonton for the discussion? The poster asked if the Bruins lost the Seguin trade. Your response to my comment just doesn't have anything to do with the original post.
you stated Chiarelli, correct.... Seguin was traded due to the environment in and around Boston....

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
you stated Chiarelli, correct.... Seguin was traded due to the environment in and around Boston....

Yes, I stated Seguin hasn't made the Promised Land yet but Chiarelli traded him for 50 cents on the dollar. You commented that Edmonton hasn't made it either. It just didn't make any sense to what I said.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Yes, I stated Seguin hasn't made the Promised Land yet but Chiarelli traded him for 50 cents on the dollar. You commented that Edmonton hasn't made it either. It just didn't make any sense to what I said.
Seguin and Chiarelli are interconnected just as the Stars and Oilers are interconnected, how many former Bruins are now in EDM, eh

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
you're the one who brought it up

I brought up that the Bruins lost the Seguin trade. Chiarelli made the deal and traded him for cheap. You brought up Edmonton for some odd reason trying to tie this together, but it doesn't make sense at the end of the day. Edmonton "not reaching that status either" doesn't have anything to do with what I said. Just move along.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Anytime we play Dallas this topic will come up.... :banghead:

The way I look at it the Bruins may have won long term not in the deal with the Stars itself but it paved the way for Chia to be fired.

The team is in better hands with Sweeney today and the future looks great. Meanwhile Chia was handed the best prospect in a decade and has totally screwed things up in Edmonton.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
did anyone go to the season ticket holder state of the union today? usually there's 1-2 decent nuggets from neely or sweeney.

I went - the most interesting nugget, if you want to “hot take” it, is that they feel their goalie depth is good...uh, but just to Khudobin. I didn’t infer a whole lot of confidence in McIntyre or Vladar in PRO from Sweeney. Seemed okay with goalies lower than PRO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boston Bruno

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Drop the ****ing puck already :rant:

22366764_10213366342445746_5214674399699480855_n.jpg

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Take a day of ! I did.

I still think they need to get McQuaid in. They can rotate. Having an extra d man is a good thing...especially heading into the playoffs.

Heading on to Boston soon.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :clap::clap:

Go Bruins.And McQuaid will get in soon enough.Such a 2nd half condensed schedule you know guys will be getting banged up.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I went - the most interesting nugget, if you want to “hot take” it, is that they feel their goalie depth is good...uh, but just to Khudobin. I didn’t infer a whole lot of confidence in McIntyre or Vladar in PRO from Sweeney. Seemed okay with goalies lower than PRO.

thanks for the update. mcintyre has struggled this year, and he's at an advanced age for a "prospect" at 25. ideally you want vladar playing regular
minutes in providence next season, with swayman/keyser looking good developmentally. i would guess that khudobin will be here at least
another year - he looks to be back to his form from 2-3 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad